Case wall mount

Dan Herdman
2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Like a thermaltake p5 on the wall?

Or use your own case, you will probably have to drill it into the wall, i don't think adhesive would stick/hold something that heavy.

I have a galaxy evo and I'm thinking of something like this

with the parts of course 

IMG_1875.JPG

3 minutes ago, Dan Herdman said:

Is there a way to mount a Case to a wall no shelf(horizontal)

You could probably get away with drilling holes in one of the side panels and putting screws where unused mb mounting points are.

i like trains 🙂

Just now, Implosivetech said:

You could probably get away with drilling holes in one of the side panels and putting screws where unused mb mounting points are.

Looks at my case 

IMG_1876.JPG

Just now, Dan Herdman said:

Looks at my case 

IMG_1876.JPG

The right sidepanel.

i like trains 🙂

2 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

The right sidepanel.

Any other ways I don't want to be drilling

industrial adhesive then.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

36 minutes ago, Dan Herdman said:

Any other ways I don't want to be drilling

The computer is going to be very heavy without drilling something into the wall it will fall.

Think of it like mounting a big expensive tv to the wall you can't just use double sided tape to hold it up, or maybe go extremely ghetto with a few rolls of duct tape.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

18 hours ago, SLAYR said:

The computer is going to be very heavy without drilling something into the wall it will fall.

Think of it like mounting a big expensive tv to the wall you can't just use double sided tape to hold it up, or maybe go extremely ghetto with a few rolls of duct tape.

What about a TV wall mount

On 10/13/2016 at 3:15 AM, Dan Herdman said:

TV's have VESA mounts built into the back of the TV, where a TV wall mount uses the VESA holes to screw into. Your case does not have VESA holes. You would have to drill holes into the case to make it work.

There is no way to do this without either drilling into your case to attach it to the wall, or weld your metal case to a bracket to attach to the wall. Too much weight for any type of adhesive.

Are you going for aesthetics or are you just looking to save space?

If you can mount in the corner, you have more support options.  If it's just a side wall, you might want to look into mounting the components without the case.

On 19/10/2016 at 9:05 AM, elkenrod said:

Are you going for aesthetics or are you just looking to save space?

If you can mount in the corner, you have more support options.  If it's just a side wall, you might want to look into mounting the components without the case.

Aesthetics 

Like if I could have my computer on a tv mount then my monitor mounted to the computer 

3 hours ago, Dan Herdman said:

Like if I could have my computer on a tv mount then my monitor mounted to the computer 

It would have to be a light monitor, and you may want to add weight (10-20lbs) into the bottom of the pc if you do this so it doesn't tip over, also make sure that the side panel is thick enough to support the monitor, it will most likely need some sort of reinforcement.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

9 hours ago, Dan Herdman said:

If you were to wall mount a case I wouldn't recommend to mount it via the side panel since it's not designed to hold the entire weight of the case with the metal clips. If you wanted to do something like that making a bracket so it bold through the frame of the chassis would be your best option. 

On 10/13/2016 at 4:15 AM, Dan Herdman said:

If it's a flat mount or tilt being put into a stud it'll hold. I test every mount I put on the wall by hanging onto it. If it holds its good. So far i've been able to put about 200lbs on the mount.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14