ISO files for VirtualBox

Hi,
I'm trying to setup virtualbox and i need a ISO file to boot from.

Dose anyone know how/where i can get one? 

Id like to try running windows7, windowsXP, OSX and Ubuntu.

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor / Cooler Master Hyper 212X LED Cooler / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard / TeamGroup Nighthawk 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory / OCZ Trion 150 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive / 2x WDBlue 500GB 2.5" 5400RPM Hard Drive (Raid 0) / EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card / Cougar Panzar Duel Window ATX Mid Tower Case / SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply / Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Unless you're running this VM on a Mac, I do not believe you are allowed to run Mac OS, regardless of whether or not you can find a "legit" ISO

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Test Microsoft Edge and versions of IE8 through IE11 using free virtual machines you download and manage locally.

Running IE8 will allow me to run win7?

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Unless you're running this VM on a Mac, I do not believe you are allowed to run Mac OS, regardless of whether or not you can find a "legit" ISO

:(

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor / Cooler Master Hyper 212X LED Cooler / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 Motherboard / TeamGroup Nighthawk 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory / OCZ Trion 150 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive / 2x WDBlue 500GB 2.5" 5400RPM Hard Drive (Raid 0) / EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card / Cougar Panzar Duel Window ATX Mid Tower Case / SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply / Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Ubuntu is kind of resource heavy for a Linux distro, and one I wouldn't give less than 4GB of RAM too. I'd suggest running Ubuntu off of a bootable USB instead of a VM, and if you want to save your work on the drive, you can do this : http://askubuntu.com/questions/397481/how-to-make-a-persistent-live-ubuntu-usb-with-more-than-4gb

Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu and shares nearly all repositories, apps, and features) would be a better distro to run in a VM as it runs desktop environments that are lighter on resources, and here is the link to the official site : https://linuxmint.com/download.php

It doesn't really matter which edition you use (although I had troubles with the MATE desktop having reduced performance due to virtual graphics drivers. It didn't break the experience, and the performance hit wasn't huge for what I was doing).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Ubuntu is kind of resource heavy for a Linux distro, and one I wouldn't give less than 4GB of RAM to. I'd suggest running Ubuntu off of a bootable USB instead of a VM, and if you want to save your work on the drive, you can do this : http://askubuntu.com/questions/397481/how-to-make-a-persistent-live-ubuntu-usb-with-more-than-4gb

Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu and shares nearly all repositories, apps, and features) would be a better distro to run in a VM as it runs desktop environments that are lighter on resources, and here is the link to the official site : https://linuxmint.com/download.php

It doesn't really matter which edition you use (although I had troubles with the MATE desktop having reduced performance due to virtual graphics drivers. It didn't break the experience, and the performance hit wasn't huge for what I was doing).

Hell any DE is better than Unity when it comes to graphics resources, at least in my personal experience.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Hell any DE is better than Unity when it comes to graphics resources, at least in my personal experience.

Yeah, but other DEs have had their share of shitty implementations as well. Xubuntu supposed to be resource light due to XFCE, but ended up being just as resource heavy as Ubuntu. If other distros came in Unity flavors, we might see that it isn't just Unity being a pig, relative to the bulk of DEs of Unix and Unix-like operating systems.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Yeah, but other DEs have had their share of shitty implementations as well. Xubuntu supposed to be resource light due to XFCE, but ended up being just as resource heavy as Ubuntu. If other distros came in Unity flavors, we might see that it isn't just Unity being a pig, relative to the bulk of DEs of Unix and Unix-like operating systems.

What I meant specifically was graphic resources as stated and not overall resources. Unity is stuttery for me in VMs and on my laptop which has an iGPU. I personally use Manjaro Gnome which reports higher memory usage than Kubuntu and Ubuntu Gnome did for me. 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

What I meant specifically was graphic resources as stated and not overall resources. Unity is stuttery for me in VMs and on my laptop which has an iGPU. I personally use Manjaro Gnome which reports higher memory usage than Kubuntu and Ubuntu Gnome did for me. 

I'm aware, and I'm saying that Unity is practically an Ubuntu exclusive DE. I'm also saying that XFCE, a lightweight DE, has also seen the same behavior when used in an Ubuntu based OS (Xubuntu exclusively, Linux Mint XFCE doesn't have these problems). For all we know, Unity could be the lightest DE that will ever exist, and it's being held back by a shit implementation.

Personally, I can't stand using Gnome for my main machine, or any machine that is powerful enough to run Unity smoothly. Once the resources are there, Unity kind of shines as a very capable and adaptable DE.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.