Logitech MX Master

I was going to get a Logitech MX Master for school on black friday at Micro Center. I was wondering if there was a better option or if there was a better play to purchase it from.

well, since it is for school you might consider the MX Anywhere, since it is more portable. It lacks some of the buttons and the thumbwheel. Its your call what you value the most.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

5 minutes ago, dyent10 said:

why would u post this here? you should spend more time in school.

What?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

MX Master is a large mouse... It is a nice mouse... but large. Also have a MX Anywhere2 It is easily the best mobile mouse I have used.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

9 minutes ago, dyent10 said:

why would u post this here? you should spend more time in school.

Dude, School is shit now 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

This is Tech News and Reviews section, but to the actual topic check online at places like Amazon and Ebay. They will also have good sales, just make sure to check many places to get the best deals.

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
updated

MX master is a good mouse if u have multiple devices and especially when one of them is running MacOS

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

-moved to peripherals-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Wow a new mouse. Hope Linus reviews it.

IIRC it's not really that new... in fact, I think he actually has talked about it before:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I was recently looking for a mouse to use with my laptop too. I ended up choosing between the MX Master and MX Anywhere2. I went with the Anywhere2 because it is a lot smaller (and thus fits inside my bag a lot easier), and I prefer the thumb buttons. They are really small and weirdly placed on the Master.

I recommend you go and check them both out in a store before ordering something.

I am using the MX Master right now... Amazing mouse for productivity, ESPECIALLY if you use Excel... The horizontal scroll wheel is a godsend...

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2016 at 9:06 AM, Qwertious said:

MX master is a good mouse if u have multiple devices and especially when one of them is running MacOS

Please tell me more about it. I am finding a wirelss mouse for my macbook pro, The thing I'm worried about is that scroll wheel. I have a g502. Do not like the scroll wheel AT ALL. LOL. A lot of the wireless mouse have shitty driver support for mac os. Is that the case for mx master??? I also think I will buy the mx anywhere. master is too expensive for me. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 13/10/2016 at 1:23 AM, -BirdiE- said:

I am using the MX Master right now... Amazing mouse for productivity, ESPECIALLY if you use Excel... The horizontal scroll wheel is a godsend...

How does it compare to MX anywhere??? 

20 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

How does it compare to MX anywhere??? 

Unfortunately I've never used the MX Anywhere.

10 hours ago, -BirdiE- said:

Unfortunately I've never used the MX Anywhere.

K.no problem dude

I would highly recommend playing with the mouse some more.  The fwd/back keys are very poorly placed (they are stacked diagonally on top of one another), and also placed back towards your wrist.  This causes two issues: (1) hitting the desired key is more difficult because they are stacked on top of each other, and (2) you have to curl your thumb much further back to reach the keys.

I'm also having issues with the side scroll.  It's only about 60% responsive.  

On 10/11/2016 at 8:17 PM, huilun02 said:

Wow a new mouse. Hope Linus reviews it.

The mouse is well over a year old at this point, is it not? 

On 12/6/2016 at 8:58 PM, mrchow19910319 said:

Please tell me more about it. I am finding a wirelss mouse for my macbook pro, The thing I'm worried about is that scroll wheel. I have a g502. Do not like the scroll wheel AT ALL. LOL. A lot of the wireless mouse have shitty driver support for mac os. Is that the case for mx master??? I also think I will buy the mx anywhere. master is too expensive for me. 

If the master is too expensive for you, why would you even consider it? Live within your means, and you'll lead a happier, less stressful life.

On 12/8/2016 at 6:48 PM, armaneo said:

I would highly recommend playing with the mouse some more.  The fwd/back keys are very poorly placed (they are stacked diagonally on top of one another), and also placed back towards your wrist.  This causes two issues: (1) hitting the desired key is more difficult because they are stacked on top of each other, and (2) you have to curl your thumb much further back to reach the keys.

I'm also having issues with the side scroll.  It's only about 60% responsive.  

I disagree on the placement of the forward and back buttons. I find that they are very well placed. I use the knuckle on my thumb to hit them, and they work perfectly for me like that. I love them. Sad to hear about your side scroll wheel. I personally don't really use anything that would necessitate my having one, but I tested mine briefly in excel, and it seemed to work just fine.

On 10/11/2016 at 6:40 PM, Jacob Rubesch said:

I was going to get a Logitech MX Master for school on black friday at Micro Center. I was wondering if there was a better option or if there was a better play to purchase it from.

It's an excellent mouse. I bought two from amazon when I saw that they were on sale for about $60. I got one for me, and I'm keeping the other one until christmas to give to my mom, since the mouse that she has is one that she's been using for years, and could do with replacing.

On 10/11/2016 at 6:46 PM, Speakerator said:

well, since it is for school you might consider the MX Anywhere, since it is more portable. It lacks some of the buttons and the thumbwheel. Its your call what you value the most.

As a student, I love the Mx master. I got one of those cases (https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-910-004337-Protective-Hermitshell/dp/B01E5BAYWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481334607&sr=8-1&keywords=mx+master+case) and it's a PERFECT fit for the mouse.  And there's padding on the top and bottom, in addition to the fact that it's a hard(ish) shell case. I just throw the mouse in my backpack, and don't worry about it. It's a great setup! Oh, I also have pretty big hands, so I knew that the mx anywhere wouldn't fit my hands as well.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

45 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

compartment to store the wireless receiver.

The one thing I wish the full size Mx master could have. It's not actually a big deal, just something that I kind of wish for.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

44 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

free scroll wheel.

I hate my G502's free scroll wheel...... it feels smooth physically, but when I use it in the browser, the browser does not scroll at a same speed... and you can feel the difference.... It is not comparable to trackpad on macbook..... 

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

It isn't made to be portable... 

Even if you do take it out, its got Bluetooth that most portable devices have. 

Yeah, I know. It's not even that big of a deal for me, I just leave the adapter plugged into my laptop 24/7. ? I just make sure to put it in my bag so that the adapter sticks up, rather than having the laptop rest on it. No biggie. It's just the last thing that would make the mouse absolutely perfect for me.

Hey! New SIgnature!