BSOD 124 while gaming on 2600$ rig...Details inside....

GamerKing9
Go to solution Solved by GamerKing9,
On 1/9/2017 at 9:30 AM, GamerKing9 said:

Update !!!

As i told earlier, I am free now & i was searching yesterday for H100i related issues & i found a video which showed that if back plate of cooler is not mounted correctly, it can lead to various problems. Here is the vid.

So i thought before changing to stock cooler, i should try this so i opened up my case cover & found out that my PC guy installed back plate in perfectly wrong position. o.O

I removed that back plate & installed it again with set of new washers & wow!!! It looks like problem is solved because after that i played MAFIA III for 1 hour with no crash(which usually crashes in 3 mins.Idle temp is 29-33c & while playing MAFIA III 73c Max,Which is good i think:):D) Now trying up different games to see whether problem is really solved or not. I will Update in 2 days. & if problem is really solved than all credit goes to you wonderful people of LTT community :) Will update soon...cheers:)

Update.

I am so happy to announce that, BSOD 124 is gonexD.(Applied new thermal paste,Tested with various games, Max temp. while gaming is 73-75c, no sign of BSOD so far so this clears that this has been issue of heating & loose back plate.)

Thank you so much for helping me out to find the solution of this really frustrating problem, i was searching for solution from Jan 2015 & found this after 2 years just because of you guys, because of LTT forum, i can play any game peacefully:). I am really thankful to you guys for helping me out.:x

4 minutes ago, GamerKing9 said:

Current ambient temperature is 28c at morning here and reaches 33c at afternoons due to October heat.

Yeah, that's not bad at all. I would check the thermal compound, make sure you have a good seal. Make sure your pump is going. Put your head near your case and see if you can hear anything from the pump. Hold onto the hose and feel for any vibrations from the pump.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Yeah, that's not bad at all. I would check the thermal compound, make sure you have a good seal. Make sure your pump is going. Put your head near your case and see if you can hear anything from the pump. Hold onto the hose and feel for any vibrations from the pump.

Ok, i now i will clean my entire case again with new thermal compound & than i will report back.

BSOD 124 is a generic code that is used for anything when the OS doesn't know what the problem is. However it normally relates to hardware.

I say do what the others have said, check your pump. Those temps are far too high. Change the paste and make sure it's mounted correctly.

Use the iGPU if possible. You can use your older GPU (GTX 9400 I think you said?). Don't worry about bottlenecks. That can be fixed once the problem has been fixed.

If all else fails then I say check your motherboards QVL for RAM and buy a new stick. RAM can give so many problems that it's unreal, and can spit out many random BSOD's. However seeing as your motherboard gave you at least 3 error codes because of it, I would suggest that you look at it as a potential problem.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Update 

Guys, yesterday I cleaned my pc again, in that process, I also removed the radiator & cleaned it, applied new thermal paste & after everything was done, I started my system, & system started giving me error of 55(q code 55)

Without posting, everything was working fine but no post with error code 55 . as you know this was happened to me some time ago, I cleared cmos bettery & placed ram stick back in slot, no luck, so I tried each slot but again no luck whatsoever, system just refused to post,  iIwas trying for good 2-3 hours because most of the time this happens if ram is not pressed properly, but no luck, so I took my ram stick out & rushed to the store from where I bought this pc, because I thought ram is dead but when they put this ram into their pc, pc posted & booted perfectly, which is confusing, so I came back to the house & tried again but no luck with my pc, now I don't know if problem is in motherboard or what, shopkeeper told me to bring my pc back so if anything wrong with any component he is going to RMA, but is there are any other steps or tricks you guys suggest to do before bringing my pc? 

Note :already done bios flashback no luck 

Update : it's happening due to few bent pins on cpu socket, trying to fix them now wish me luck 

3 hours ago, GamerKing9 said:

Update : it's happening due to few bent pins on cpu socket, trying to fix them now wish me luck 

Problem continues, looks like mobo needs to be replaced. 

5 hours ago, GamerKing9 said:

Problem continues, looks like mobo needs to be replaced. 

DUDE WAIT

pls show a pic of bent pins

are you sure RAM is correctly plugged ? please check

On 10/26/2016 at 7:16 PM, belfouf said:

DUDE WAIT

pls show a pic of bent pins

are you sure RAM is correctly plugged ? please check

sorry for late reply bro, took my mobo to shop & brought a new one because my shopkeeper offered me great deal :D

New mobo is gigabyte z97 d3h rev 1.2

Just came home, tried MAFIA III with stock voltage & again bsod 124 in 10 mins. looks like i have to increase that voltage again & test.

2 hours ago, GamerKing9 said:

sorry for late reply bro, took my mobo to shop & brought a new one because my shopkeeper offered me great deal :D

New mobo is gigabyte z97 d3h rev 1.2

Just came home, tried MAFIA III with stock voltage & again bsod 124 in 10 mins. looks like i have to increase that voltage again & test.

if voltage doesn't solve it keep us updated

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2016 at 11:53 PM, belfouf said:

if voltage doesn't solve it keep us updated

Another update.

I formatted & installed windows 10 Pro on my PC for clean installation of Gigabyte drivers. Everything was going smooth, even Mafia 3 stopped crashing when i launched it twice & played for almost for an hour each time.(This is without adding voltage,stock settings, just to check whether its crashing or not.) I also installed HWMonitor for temps. & noticed that while playing MAFIA III max processor temp. was  around 73-75c. so i installed call of duty modern warfare 4 remastered & after starting a game, it crashed within 10 mins, so i installed core temp. so it will show live temps on my G510s's LCD display, again started my game, checked temps on screen, it shows 98c & 96c on core 0 & core 1, which is insane.(Attached pics with posts.) switched to HWMonitor by Alt+Tab & noticed that HWMonitor froze on first three core temps. & showing some wired temps on forth core.(Again snap attached.) So i think this is some kind of cooler related issue, because even before this we added little bit voltage on CPU & temps went crazy. now you guys tell me what should I do?

BSOD.PNG

BSOD 1.jpg

so now these are the temps on stock voltage ????

really strange, what do you cool it with ?

first reflex : change thermal paste, cheap way to see if it is related, buy good one like Gelid extreme

5 hours ago, GamerKing9 said:

Another update.

I formatted & installed windows 10 Pro on my PC for clean installation of Gigabyte drivers. Everything was going smooth, even Mafia 3 stopped crashing when i launched it twice & played for almost for an hour each time.(This is without adding voltage,stock settings, just to check whether its crashing or not.) I also installed HWMonitor for temps. & noticed that while playing MAFIA III max processor temp. was  around 73-75c. so i installed call of duty modern warfare 4 remastered & after starting a game, it crashed within 10 mins, so i installed core temp. so it will show live temps on my G510s's LCD display, again started my game, checked temps on screen, it shows 98c & 96c on core 0 & core 1, which is insane.(Attached pics with posts.) switched to HWMonitor by Alt+Tab & noticed that HWMonitor froze on first three core temps. & showing some wired temps on forth core.(Again snap attached.) So i think this is some kind of cooler related issue, because even before this we added little bit voltage on CPU & temps went crazy. now you guys tell me what should I do?

BSOD.PNG

BSOD 1.jpg

do you have the stock cooler ?? .... run cpu at stock settings with Intel cooler, that came with ur cpu and check for bsod if it does not occur then aio cooler maybe the problem.

1 hour ago, belfouf said:

so now these are the temps on stock voltage ????

really strange, what do you cool it with ?

first reflex : change thermal paste, cheap way to see if it is related, buy good one like Gelid extreme

I am using Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5G  (http://www.amazon.in/Arctic-Silver-Thermal-Compound-3-5G/dp/B0087X728K/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1478697068&sr=1-1)

27 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

do you have the stock cooler ?? .... run cpu at stock settings with Intel cooler, that came with ur cpu and check for bsod if it does not occur then aio cooler maybe the problem.

Yeah i have that stock cooler, time to try that...i will let you know....

• 1 month later...

Update.

Guys i am so sorry but currently i have extremely tight schedule & i will be free on 10th Jan. So as soon as i will be free, i will install stock cooler, check temps. & tell you what happens, i really want to solve this issue & as you guys are really helping me out i thought i will let you know this. Once again thanks a lot for help & see you very soon :D 

Update.

Guys i am so sorry but currently i have extremely tight schedule & i will be free on 10th Jan. So as soon as i will be free, i will install stock cooler, check temps. & tell you what happens, i really want to solve this issue & as you guys are really helping me out i thought i will let you know this. Once again thanks a lot for help & see you very soon :D 

No rush. We're here on your schedule! Enjoy yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Update !!!

As i told earlier, I am free now & i was searching yesterday for H100i related issues & i found a video which showed that if back plate of cooler is not mounted correctly, it can lead to various problems. Here is the vid.

So i thought before changing to stock cooler, i should try this so i opened up my case cover & found out that my PC guy installed back plate in perfectly wrong position. o.O

I removed that back plate & installed it again with set of new washers & wow!!! It looks like problem is solved because after that i played MAFIA III for 1 hour with no crash(which usually crashes in 3 mins.Idle temp is 29-33c & while playing MAFIA III 73c Max,Which is good i think:):D) Now trying up different games to see whether problem is really solved or not. I will Update in 2 days. & if problem is really solved than all credit goes to you wonderful people of LTT community :) Will update soon...cheers:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 9:30 AM, GamerKing9 said:

Update !!!

Update.

I am so happy to announce that, BSOD 124 is gonexD.(Applied new thermal paste,Tested with various games, Max temp. while gaming is 73-75c, no sign of BSOD so far so this clears that this has been issue of heating & loose back plate.)

Thank you so much for helping me out to find the solution of this really frustrating problem, i was searching for solution from Jan 2015 & found this after 2 years just because of you guys, because of LTT forum, i can play any game peacefully:). I am really thankful to you guys for helping me out.:x

Update.

Awesome, very happy to hear that! Hope to see you still around on the forum.

5 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Awesome, very happy to hear that! Hope to see you still around on the forum.

Yeah sure mate, LTT gave me so much so...its payback time...:)