...BEHOLD!!!

CaptainSav916

Hey there.... Please go easy on me... Basically this is my situation. About 4-5 years ago I fell heavy for wanting to build a PC and began buying my parts one at a time. I did what I call a promo build. Basically I would browse my local electronic outlet for killer deals on components. What happened was I bought a few components and that was as good as it got for me before I had financial difficulties. Earlier this year I had purchased an i5- 3570k only to find out that the place I had bought it from had kept a dead CPU stocked and didn't have a description on it being dead when I bought it. After returning it and browsing for a new 3570k I had come face to face with reality, that the new boxed ones run upward about 400-500 which was way out of my range. Destined to get my first build completed as soon as I possibly could, I decided last week to pack up my MSI G43-Z77A and get something newer that would be compatible with the components I already had. I appreciate you reading this far. I would like some feedback and pointers on how I could improve my cable management and fan optimization. This is not a full size tower so getting everything out of sight was the second hardest thing next to teaching myself how to build a pc in the first place... Any other tips or comments is highly appreciated. I am going to upgrade my GPU sometime after X-Mas. One question I have is do you guys think the electrical tape over the JPF1/2 wires is tacky?

Thanks again- Alex

Old MB, MSI G43 Z77A... Was going for a Blue/ Black/ White build. :(

IMG_3789.JPG

New

MSI 990FXA Gaming

AMD FX 9590

MSI R7 250 OC

16 GB PATRIOT VIPER 3 1866MHZ DDR3

PATRIOT BLAST 120GB SSD

SEAGATE 4TB HYBRID

LEPA AQUACHANGER 120 CLOSED LOOP

ENERMAX REVOLUTION T't II 550W SEMI-MODULAR

HP 1265 CD/DVD-RW

WINDOWS 10 PRO 64-BIT

MSI NIGHTHAWK MIDTOWER CASE

Other accessories and case mods

LOGYSIS LED STRIP RED

ENERMAX TWISTERSTORM 120MM

RAIDMAX WHITE 24-PIN POWER EXTENSION

RAIDMAX BLUE 3-PIN FAN EXTENSION

RAIDMAX BLUE 8-PIN EXTENSION

RAIDMAX BLUE MOLEX TO 3X SATAS

I ALSO HARDWIRED AN LED STRIP INTO A MOLEX PLUG AND

PLACED IT BEHIND THE FRONT USB/ AUX PANEL TO ILLUMINATE AROUND THE PORTS. I THINK I AM DIGGING THE RED/BLUE/WHITE/BLACKS

IMG_3793.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_3825.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

I'm aware. The decision was made off of the fact that I can get something up to date on the features. 1155 sockets are a thing of the past I suppose. It just made more sense to me to buy a CPU, Mobo, and OS for the same price rather than forking out almost 500 bucks for something that I've been hoarding for days on end.

if you can find me an ivy bridge @ 22nm for this motherboard for under what I make in a paycheck I would like you to show me the ways.

1 hour ago, CaptainSav916 said:

if you can find me an ivy bridge @ 22nm for this motherboard for under what I make in a paycheck I would like you to show me the ways.

So the old motherboard u manage to sold it away?

19 hours ago, Mi26 said:

So the old motherboard u manage to sold it away?

Not yet. I am debating if I am going to sell it or if I want to keep it and build a cheaper PC for a workstation.

15 hours ago, CaptainSav916 said:

Not yet. I am debating if I am going to sell it or if I want to keep it and build a cheaper PC for a workstation.

Why in the world did you get an AMD system? Sorry If I seem to aggressive, but that's the bad thing ever. There is no upgrade path whatsoever. You could've gone with a Haswell build. Still good enough for gaming and workloads.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:42 PM, Abdul201588 said:

Why in the world did you get an AMD system? Sorry If I seem to aggressive, but that's the bad thing ever. There is no upgrade path whatsoever. You could've gone with a Haswell build. Still good enough for gaming and workloads.

I'm living in the moment I guess. With the deal I got on the best AM3+ they have to offer, can you blame me? I'm pretty sure my computer is flying pretty damn fast, maybe even faster than yours. ;)