Samsung recalls the Note 7

GoodBytes

Samsung is recommending all Note 7 users to power down their device and return where they purchase their phone for a full refund. This also includes if you have the replacement Note 7.

Samsung spokesperson says:

Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note 7 ... Consumers with an original Galaxy Note 7 or replacement Galaxy Note 7 should power down and take advantage of the remedies available, including a refund at their place of purchase.

The company has no replacement phone on the way. This is the end of the Note 7.

The Note 7 was prone to explosions, to a point that it is banned to be turned on in planes. The replacement phone given by Samsung, which was supposed to have the issue solved, wasn't. They still exploded. So many cases happen that already AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and BestBuy has decided to stop selling the device, and Samsung yesterday stop production of the phone, as more and more carriers decided that they are not interesting selling the phone.

Now, Samsung is issuing a recall, without using the word "recall" exactly, but it is essentially this.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/10/13236532/samsung-galaxy-note-7-stop-sale-recall

WwlN27R_700w_0.jpg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

This is hilarious. I've always hated Samsung phones and more so when they jumped onto the iClone bandwagon. Serves them right dumping out garbage to customers.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 minute ago, Vigilante505 said:

This is hilarious. I've always hated Samsung phones and more so when they jumped onto the iClone bandwagon. Serves them right dumping out garbage to customers.

The S7 isn't garbage...

And it has a headphone jack.

Just now, kittycannon said:

The S7 isn't garbage...

Here we go....

Opinions, chief.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

4 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

Here we go....

Opinions, chief.

I've used Apple products more than Samsung. I have no problem with Apple and I like the Iphone 7, but not including a headphone jack is stupid. Hopefully they can add it with the 7S (if they make one).

I have an S7 and it's not the perfect phone. I'm not a Samsung fanboy.

very little of the OP's post is true. There is no confirmation that they have stopped producing or killed the line, all rumors at this point. 

read the ACTUAL quote on the Verge, and then go read Samsung's actual press release. Neither say any of that. 

The fact that they halted sales and are telling customers to get a refunds would lead us all to believe they are halting production of the item that is going out...as in its faulty and they cant risk making and sending out more of the same units that are causing the problem.

Why is it different losing money by stopping production when they would lose just as well by making a faulty product they wont be able to sell? 

14 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

Woah there speedy! stop jumping to conclusions. the note 7 wasn't garbage in any way shape or form, it was prone to exploding, which, although a flaw in the phone, is NOT equivalent to garbage. hating Samsung phones for no reason is plain stupid, as is hating iPhone for no reason. I would advise you to not hate a specific brand, but to look at each phone as it's own separate entity entirely. as for iClone bandwagoning, you couldn't be further from the truth. I don't understand what Samsung did to clone apple, please explain in more detail.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Woah there speedy! stop jumping to conclusions. the note 7 wasn't garbage in any way shape or form, it was prone to exploding, which, although a flaw in the phone, is NOT equivalent to garbage. hating Samsung phones for no reason is plain stupid, as is hating iPhone for no reason. I would advise you to not hate a specific brand, but to look at each phone as it's own separate entity entirely. as for iClone bandwagoning, you couldn't be further from the truth. I don't understand what Samsung did to clone apple, please explain in more detail.

I have no specific brand and I'm not getting up in arms over a cell phone either. I have an opinion on a product that I have formed by using the products, reading about the products, and learning what I like. If you dont like it, move on.

Samsung is essentially turning Android into their own Apple-Like sales scheme. They have the physical button like the iphone and are riding the coat tails of everything Apple does. They're a huge company and are taking a piece of the same pie that Apple is in. There's nothing wrong about it but it stops standing out when they unload the same stuff every year. LG had to change it up, HTC had to change it up, but Samsung sticks with their own because of familiarity and ease of use. I get it.

I have no specific brand and I'm not getting up in arms over a cell phone either. I have an opinion on a product that I have formed by using the products, reading about the products, and learning what I like. If you dont like it, move on.

Samsung is essentially turning Android into their own Apple-Like sales scheme. They have the physical button like the iphone and are riding the coat tails of everything Apple does. They're a huge company and are taking a piece of the same pie that Apple is in. There's nothing wrong about it but it stops standing out when they unload the same stuff every year. LG had to change it up, HTC had to change it up, but Samsung sticks with their own because of familiarity and ease of use. I get it.

are you citing the physical home button as an iClone thing? IPhone didn't invent the physical home button, and it's a global Idea for everyone to use. it's like claiming that Samsung is an iClone because they had a power button on their phone. also, Samsung is definitely not turning android into an apple-like scheme. if anything, that's LG with removing the apps tray. Samsung also doesn't release the same things every year, honestly, that sounds more like apple. (although I do understand that apple changes very small things every iteration to culminate in a much more polished and usable phone) Samsung has added a MUCH better camera compared to years past, they have added waterproofing, a larger battery, a heart rate sensor (although nobody uses that shit) and much more. the reason that HTC and LG needed to change it up was because Samsung was so good, that they needed a standout feature.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

are you citing the physical home button as an iClone thing? IPhone didn't invent the physical home button, and it's a global Idea for everyone to use. it's like claiming that Samsung is an iClone because they had a power button on their phone. also, Samsung is definitely not turning android into an apple-like scheme. if anything, that's LG with removing the apps tray. Samsung also doesn't release the same things every year, honestly, that sounds more like apple. (although I do understand that apple changes very small things every iteration to culminate in a much more polished and usable phone) Samsung has added a MUCH better camera compared to years past, they have added waterproofing, a larger battery, a heart rate sensor (although nobody uses that shit) and much more. the reason that HTC and LG needed to change it up was because Samsung was so good, that they needed a standout feature.

Agree to disagree. They do a lot of stuff right but I'm hardly the first to think that Samsung is the Android version of Apple. They have plenty of similarities (and my main point) and those similarities help sell their phone to someone thats familiar with the other. If it looks like an iPhone and feels like an iPhone...maybe it wont be so crazy to try it out. That is why Samsung does what they do as far as copying. Aside from the latest fashion trends that go with a new era of phones, LG and HTC phones look very different compared to iPhones. In GUI and physcial.

tl;dr: Samsung makes a product deliberately similar to an iPhone in order to cash in and steal their customers.

Agree to disagree. They do a lot of stuff right but I'm hardly the first to think that Samsung is the Android version of Apple. They have plenty of similarities (and my main point) and those similarities help sell their phone to someone thats familiar with the other. If it looks like an iPhone and feels like an iPhone...maybe it wont be so crazy to try it out. That is why Samsung does what they do as far as copying. Aside from the latest fashion trends that go with a new era of phones, LG and HTC phones look very different compared to iPhones. In GUI and physcial.

tl;dr: Samsung makes a product deliberately similar to an iPhone in order to cash in and steal their customers.

I'm not trying to attack you here, but please state how Samsung is making their phones more apple-like?

Desktop:

Laptop:

4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I'm not trying to attack you here, but please state how Samsung is making their phones more apple-like?

No I understand. Good conversation.

Rounded cartoony large icons. Only major brand still rocking the physical button like Apple.

Image result for iphone samsung similarities

Compared to

Image result for lg g4

and

Image result for HTC one m8

Or dont forget the Nexus

Image result for Nexus 6P

The point im making is Samsung will strive to be side by side with Apple in nearly every way. All manufacturers compete and have a back and forth but Samsung and Apple are the user friendly non threatening toss up to main consumers.

They want the average joe who pays $600 for a phone every year but doesnt know how to use it to pick up either one of these phones and barely notice a difference.

IS it still the batteries that are the problem? If so why can't we just get aftermarket batteries from panasonic or something and continue using these phones. I'd wager any number of battery manufacturers that would drool over having samsung over a barrel for an emergency run of batteries.

5 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

I also do not see how you can draw the conclusion that Samsung is deliberately designing their phones to be similar to iPhones. 

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

10 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

That's the whole reason I got a S7! because it looks like a iPhone! 

Really?

Well this could be a good thing. At least now people can be opened to the fact that there are other manufacturers of smartphones besides Samsung and Apple. I think it was Luke that pointed out how people always seem to ask if you have "an Apple or a Samsung".

1 minute ago, Magnetorheological said:

Well this could be a good thing. At least now people can be opened to the fact that there are other manufacturers of smartphones besides Samsung and Apple. I think it was Luke that pointed out how people always seem to ask if you have "an Apple or a Samsung".

I used to use (and still have) a Nokia Lumia 520 lol

HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT, EAT THAT SAMSUNG AHAHHAAA i hate samsung bullshit practices so damn much. I also hate iphone btw... i only like actual dev friendly good devices like nexus 6p i currently own and i like more stock phones like one plus eh ahhaa serves samsung right for not listening to their customers asking to get rid of touchwiz.... lol aint that funny

1 minute ago, Magnetorheological said:

That is really good.

I am so tired of many people asking me (since my phone is not an iPhone), is that a Samsung?

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

Just now, misthosg said:

That is really good.

I am so tired of many people asking me (since my phone is not an iPhone), is that a Samsung?

LMAO so true i tell this to everyone all my friends, theyre obviously not as informed as me on electronic devices and always either get an iphone but if theyre feeling FRISKY AND DANGEROUS theyll go and buy a samsung like LMFAO DUDE THERES NOT JUST THOSE 2 BRANDS of phones samsung has tarnished the image of what android is capable of with their shit laggy touchwiz even on s7 edge and im so glad they wont sell another shit product with touchwiz makes me so happy, every company should adopt googles methodology of stock look and if they wanna add features do so in the exact same style as google did with pixel, dont make everything slow down with your bullshit.