dumb question sorry

spellmanuk

okay so im going to move my main pc into the living room for a few days and i was wondering if i had to have it standing up? would i be able to lie it on its side so it could fit on the shelf under the tv?

I lurk a lot

1 hour ago, peej said:

okay so im going to move my main pc into the living room for a few days and i was wondering if i had to have it standing up? would i be able to lie it on its side so it could fit on the shelf under the tv?

Unless you don't secure your components, you should be fine. Just be sure not to block the airflow inflow/outflow.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

yes you could just make sure it's lying down motherboard up. or else some components fixed into the pcie slots may fall out of them

1 minute ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

does your living room contain carpet?

yeah but times before when its only been down there ive sat it on couple pieces of 2x4 so i dont suffocate the psu 

I lurk a lot

Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

Since your case is probably a standard tower base chasis. Go right a head, one word of warning though, stay away from carpet and do not block the air flow. 

yeah well its going on the tv stand which is wooden 

I lurk a lot