How to convince my parents to get me a new PC

Scitesh
1 hour ago, Scitesh said:

hey guys its Scitest here and i have been really struggling with my current setup|(Dell N510 laptop...)

I am not able to play any games nor am i able to use softwares like premire photoshop and audacity 

(i had a desktop before ...but we sold it when we mowed)

here is the setup That i have selected

i7 6700k

gigabyte gaming 7 (Or designaire)

Deepcool Maelstorm 360 (RED)

Strix 1080

Antec HCP 750(or Seasonic s12g 750..if i can locate one)

WD black ;2tb

Samsung evo 850:250GB

Corsair 780t

Gskill Ripjaws v(2x8gb)

Steelseries elite Prism

Razer blackwidow chroma

g502 oR mamba TE

Asus Vg278Qe

NZXT hue

Logitech C920

(extra fans :5x140mm SP)

Total(adding OS and Adobe cloud subsription):INR 200000(+- 5percent)

My parents shot down the idea (So help plz) 

Get an i5-6600, GTX 1060. Forget about the SSD for now, just get a HDD. Start with a cheap keyboard and mouse, you can upgrade those later if you want to. As for the monitor, get a decent 1080p 60Hz monitor, rest are way too expensive in India. You should be able to build one for INR 80k altogether. Trust me, don't get the higher end parts if you're from India, resale value is horrible and you'll be overspending in the first place.

hey guys its Scitest here and i have been really struggling with my current setup|(Dell N510 laptop...)

I am not able to play any games nor am i able to use softwares like premire photoshop and audacity 

(i had a desktop before ...but we sold it when we mowed)

i7 6700k

gigabyte gaming 7 (Or designaire)

Deepcool Maelstorm 360 (RED)

Strix 1080

Antec HCP 750(or Seasonic s12g 750..if i can locate one)

WD black ;2tb

Samsung evo 850:250GB

Corsair 780t

Gskill Ripjaws v(2x8gb)

Steelseries elite Prism

Razer blackwidow chroma

g502 oR mamba TE

Asus Vg278Qe

NZXT hue

Logitech C920

(extra fans :5x140mm SP)

Total(adding OS and Adobe cloud subsription):INR 200000(+- 5percent)

Get a job and buy it yourself.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

-snip-

Not sure what your parents do for a living but you've selected a setup that most working people with full time jobs and no kids probably can't afford let alone parents!

tone it down a bit i'd say?

Build Log : Red N White Army

System Specs

NZXT S340

i7 4790k

Z97 MSI Gaming 5

Palit 980 Ti Super Jetstream

16GB HyperX Savage 1866 RAM

Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

EVGA 750W G2 PSU

Custom Cooling Loop

Well, you will need to drug them or something, because they are essentially right on this one. I don't see a way to convince them while they are in their right mind.

2 hours ago, Praesi said:

I like how you are not greedy at all. ?Other People have to work hard to buy PC Stuff.

I sense Sarcasm (Read:Hostility)

BTW to make my dad happy i came 1st in the entire fuckin college (FE) 103/105

2 hours ago, Julian5 said:

That was also shot down by my mom

2 hours ago, THFourteen said:

Not sure what your parents do for a living but you've selected a setup that most working people with full time jobs and no kids probably can't afford let alone parents!

tone it down a bit i'd say?

my dad is a lawyer he has a merc for crying out loud(he upgraded from a Honda civic Last year)

When my parents gave me $350 to replace a 5-year-old ASUS X200CA laptop, I didn't ask if I could spend THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

How old of you first off?  Maybe you can get a job?

Also if  I were you I would ask for a much cheaper computer.  I know my parents wouldn't have spent that kind of money on me lol.  Also be good.  Help around the house and keep your grades up.

First off, if you had to sell your previous desktop when you moved, don't you think maybe asking for $1500+ USD system is a little much? Of course they shot you down.

Find some work, and buy the system part by part. It sounds like your parents aren't in a position financially to just spend that kind of money. Don't pressure them. Buying your first computer with your own, hard earn money can be very rewarding.

8 hours ago, Kosios said:

How old of you first off?  Maybe you can get a job?

Also if  I were you I would ask for a much cheaper computer.  I know my parents wouldn't have spent that kind of money on me lol.  Also be good.  Help around the house and keep your grades up.

I cant get a job because my mom shot that idea down 

7 hours ago, normpearii said:

First off, if you had to sell your previous desktop when you moved, don't you think maybe asking for $1500+ USD system is a little much? Of course they shot you down.

Find some work, and buy the system part by part. It sounds like your parents aren't in a position financially to just spend that kind of money. Don't pressure them. Buying your first computer with your own, hard earn money can be very rewarding.

2 hours ago, Scitesh said:

I cant get a job because my mom shot that idea down 

That's stupid.  Getting a job is one of the most valuable things you can learn as an adolescent!!!  Colleges love to see them.  Not to mention the many many life skills you will learn.

Go with a MUCH cheaper PC, like a i3 or FX based PC. Asking your parents for thousands is just NOT gonna happen. Also, do something for them back, make a deal, work hard. Another thing you could do is hunt down a old system (Like a 775 socket system) and throw a q6600 and 750ti in it for cheap. Check craigslist and garage sales.

Just some suggestions.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

12 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

There are plenty of things $3000+ can be spent on a child, a gaming machine isn't going to be one of them unless it's a drop in the bucket. You can build a decent performer for $800 to start. That's a much easier pill to swallow.

Can you Five me a partlist for around that budget 
Craigslist and classifieds SUCK (atleast in mumbai)

On 10/10/2016 at 3:05 PM, Julian5 said:

Could do that 4 years down the road . NOT TODAY

2 hours ago, Scitesh said:

Can you Five me a partlist for around that budget 
Craigslist and classifieds SUCK (atleast in mumbai)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2Zmwcc
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2Zmwcc/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($120.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Gaming Pro Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Red 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($60.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($249.99 @ B&H)
Case: Silverstone PS08B (Black) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($102.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $766.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-11 09:47 EDT-0400

Well the catch is you live in India so I don't know if/where/how you're going to get these parts. But there's a rough idea.

Try to be more modest with the system try something like a 1060 and an i5 6400 parents aren't usually to happy when there kids ask them for $3000 dollar pcs

moved to New Builds & Planning (has to do with planning! ;) )

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I was going to respond, but after reading the thread, I think this is basically just a troll post. :)

It's either that, or the OP is just a greedy entitled brat. :)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

17 hours ago, Kosios said:

That's stupid.  Getting a job is one of the most valuable things you can learn as an adolescent!!!  Colleges love to see them.  Not to mention the many many life skills you will learn.

well in india u can't work before 18 and no college gives a sh!t if you had a job or not ...... 

15 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

well in india u can't work before 18 and no college gives a sh!t if you had a job or not ...... 

The best job that college students in India are either Internships or those shitty "work from home" Jobs 

3 hours ago, Tim Serious said:

Ahh I gotcha.  Also they do care!!!  Colleges like to see extra curricular stuff. (P.S. getting into college isn't as hard as teachers like to make is sound)