How to convince my parents to get me a new PC

Scitesh

hey guys its Scitest here and i have been really struggling with my current setup|(Dell N510 laptop...)

I am not able to play any games nor am i able to use softwares like premire photoshop and audacity 

(i had a desktop before ...but we sold it when we mowed)

here is the setup That i have selected

i7 6700k

gigabyte gaming 7 (Or designaire)

Deepcool Maelstorm 360 (RED)

Strix 1080

Antec HCP 750(or Seasonic s12g 750..if i can locate one)

WD black ;2tb

Samsung evo 850:250GB

Corsair 780t

Gskill Ripjaws v(2x8gb)

Steelseries elite Prism

Razer blackwidow chroma

g502 oR mamba TE

Asus Vg278Qe

NZXT hue

Logitech C920

(extra fans :5x140mm SP)

Total(adding OS and Adobe cloud subsription):INR 200000(+- 5percent)

My parents shot down the idea (So help plz) 

1) What did they actually say... like it is a horrible idea?

2) If you are asking for them to buy it for you then you are greedy, work for the money :3

3) Make  the list alot smaller and only add one ram stick and the CPU first. Then in a while tell them that its not working and that you need to buy one more part (the GPU), thats what i did,

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Tell them that Comic_Sans_ms would really like a free computer, they will have to give if to me. 

You should probably fix the title  

i was confused b/w the titles

How to convince my parents to get me a new pC

and 

How did you convince your parents

And messed up

Well first of all, spend less money. Maybe an i5-6400 and a 1060 (6GB). A GTX 1080 is not named a GTX 1080 because its meant for 1080p gaming. a 1060 on the otherhand is under half as much and will run basically any game at max settings 60fps EZ except maybe shadow of mordor with some insane texture packs

[edit] if you have to ask permission to get a PC, you dont need a 6700k, thats for damn sure

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

6 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Lol. Are your parents rich or are you just greedy? :P

3 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

3) Make  the list alot smaller and only add one ram stick and the CPU first. Then in a while tell them that its not working and that you need to buy one more part (the GPU), thats what i did,

You cheeky bastard

My native language is C++

3 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

1) What did they actually say... like it is a horrible idea?

2) If you are asking for them to buy it for you then you are greedy, work for the money :3

1) nope they have been delaying it since last October(GPU upgraded from 980ti to 1080)

2) i am a student (in india work study is frowned upon and my mom shot down that idea too)

3)let me try that idea out

When I see people creating topics about advice on asking their parents for large amounts of money so they can game, I just want to leave the internet forever...

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

6 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Lol. Are your parents rich or are you just greedy? :P

a bit of both :P

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Maybe ask for something a little more modest... if my hypothetical son asked me for a 3000$ desktop I too would say no...

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Maybe ask for something a little more modest... if my hypothetical son asked me for a 3000$ desktop I too would say no...

they promised me an upgrade when we sold my previous pc (gtx 970 + i5 4690k)

You should try to put a budget pc together first and not go all out from the start.

And if they say no, well maybe you should just accept that and try to work for it yourself. :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, Warning said:

When I see people creating topics about advice on asking their parents for large amounts of money so they can game, I just want to leave the internet forever...

The doors are open(re enter when you are ready)

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

You should try to put a budget pc together first and not go all out from the start.

And if they say no, well maybe you should just accept that and try to work for it yourself. :P

Can you give me some ideas?

1 minute ago, Scitesh said:

they promised me an upgrade when we sold my previous pc (gtx 970 + i5 4690k)

Yeah but this is a loooong shot from an 4690k + 970... tone it down to a 1070 and 6600k with a cheaper monitor and try again.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That is bit over the need imo. I get that you want something more than your current laptop. But getting your parents pay for your dream machine won't happen. Not unless you already live in mansion and drive supercar. In that situation spending 200k for PC and some other stuff will be much easier.

First, do you study something which needs Adobe Cloud subscription and could you possible pay that yourself? Its always easier to bargain with parents when you take part of responsibility. Second, drop anything from that listing which you don't absolutely want or need. Like NZXT Hue and C920. And scale rest of the stuff down. Like case, extra fans, peripherals. From what you have replied so far, I think your parents can do something that is about half of price. And you can upgrade later more, maybe with your own money.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, Scitesh said:

Can you give me some ideas?

Btw you shouldn't have sold the GTX 970 + i5 4690k.

At least not completely, just swapping the gpu would be a much better idea but i guess it's too late for that now O_o

Imo you are lucky if you manage to get a similar system back like the one you sold. Getting rid of the previous system was a bad idea...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

19 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

If i do that 

(everything but GPU and peripherals):80k

(Gpu):60k+ 

(I guess they will sense something fishy)

Just now, Scitesh said:

(I guess they will sense something fishy)

Would that matter? The main idea in PC building is upgrading part by part. First cost will be bit more than most would like. But if you can get solid base, its easy to upgrade later. Personally I would go for i7, 16gb and decent GPU and have rest just be enough to use. My first own machine costed €900. My last bigger upgrade was about same and it only had mobo, CPU, RAM, SSD and cooler. Next will be about €100 (case and PSU) + ~€70 for bit bigger 2nd screen and new basic gaming mouse (SS Rival most likely).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

hey guys its Scitest here and i have been really struggling with my current setup|(Dell N510 laptop...)

I am not able to play any games nor am i able to use softwares like premire photoshop and audacity 

(i had a desktop before ...but we sold it when we mowed)

here is the setup That i have selected

i7 6700k

gigabyte gaming 7 (Or designaire)

Deepcool Maelstorm 360 (RED)

Strix 1080

Antec HCP 750(or Seasonic s12g 750..if i can locate one)

WD black ;2tb

Samsung evo 850:250GB

Corsair 780t

Gskill Ripjaws v(2x8gb)

Steelseries elite Prism

Razer blackwidow chroma

g502 oR mamba TE

Asus Vg278Qe

NZXT hue

Logitech C920

(extra fans :5x140mm SP)

Are you asking to fully pay for this PC or are they trying to prevent you from buying it with your own money? This is overkill, I wouldn't buy all this for my son if I had one. I would start by asking them to Pay a small portion of a BUDGET build, not fully pay for a overkill machine. Why dont you work for this instead of relying on your parents? 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

22 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Are you asking to fully pay for this PC or are they trying to prevent you from buying it with your own money? This is overkill, I wouldn't buy all this for my son if I had one. I would start by asking them to Pay a small portion of a BUDGET build, not fully pay for a overkill machine. Why dont you work for this instead of relying on your parents? 

i have about 20k(Saved from pocket money over 2 years ) and i have said i am ready to GO ALL IN ( it sounds much cooler in my native tongue )

5 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

i have about 20k(Saved from pocket money over 2 years ) and i have said i am ready to GO ALL IN ( it sounds much cooler in my native tongue )

If you already have some money, get something more reasonable like i5 6600k, any Z170 mobo, 1070 or even i5 6400 and a 1060. 20k out of 200k isn't a lot. Or get the i7 and buy your GPU later.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

7 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

Go all in? As in spend it all? Then why ask your parents for money? 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

I like how you are not greedy at all. ?Other People have to work hard to buy PC Stuff.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO