100% GPU Usage in The Crew

steezemageeze

So previously, I was able to run the game at 1080p60 fairly well, at least until I left Detroit (I think that was coincidental though). Suddenly, the game starts pinning my GPU usage at 100% and running at ~10 FPS. I don't know what I did to cause this, but I've tried it both with and without my GPU overclock, with no change. Even lowering the graphics settings and resolution as low as they go pins the GPU and still only hits ~20 FPS. Anybody know of a fix or anything?

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Are you folding in the background or something? Check to see what is using up all that GPU horsepower.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 minutes ago, Sasky said:

What GPU do u have?

Right, I knew I was forgetting something, sorry. I have a GTX 750 Ti, usually run it with a +115 core and +55 memory overclock.

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Are you folding in the background or something? Check to see what is using up all that GPU horsepower.

Nope, I don't fold. The only things running were The Crew, Uplay, and MotioninJoy for my PS3 controller.

Well, I dont think 100% gpu usage is a problem. My gpu usage is about 97-99% e.g. in BF1 or BF4 and everything is just fine (I have gtx 1070 g1 gaming - I've just posted my benchmark vid in offtopic). Check out your memory, sometimes it is broken and gives really weird results. Did u download some new drivers maybe?

Have you tried restarting the PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Have you tried restarting the PC.

Multiple times.

1 minute ago, Sasky said:

Well, I dont think 100% gpu usage is a problem. My gpu usage is about 97-99% e.g. in BF1 or BF4 and everything is just fine (I have gtx 1070 g1 gaming - I've just posted my benchmark vid in offtopic). Check out your memory, sometimes it is broken and gives really weird results. Did u download some new drivers maybe?

VRAM or RAM though? And this problem has persisted through the last two drivers and wasn't caused by a driver update. The game just suddenly dropped frames out of nowhere during play and hasn't gone back to normal since

Just a random thought: maybe you moving physically damaged some part in your computer (like maybe the HDD or something)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

RAM. And do u have this problem only in The Crew or also in other games?

2 minutes ago, steezemageeze said:

Multiple times.

VRAM or RAM though? And this problem has persisted through the last two drivers and wasn't caused by a driver update. The game just suddenly dropped frames out of nowhere during play and hasn't gone back to normal since

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Just a random thought: maybe you moving physically damaged some part in your computer (like maybe the HDD or something)

I don't think so. The Crew is the only thing that has any problem on this computer

Just now, Sasky said:

RAM. And do u have this problem only in The Crew or also in other games?

Other games are perfectly fine. I played Skyrim, Saints Row, and Batman Arkham City this morning with no trouble

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

I may do that. Slow internet though, so I'd rather try my luck with an INI tweak or something before I do that.

High GPU usage is good. Your frames suck tho. High chance its just a corrupt driver if other Games do the same. DDU, and reinstall it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

High GPU usage is good. Your frames suck tho. High chance its just a corrupt driver if other Games do the same. DDU, and reinstall it.

Yes, but wouldn't 100% load mean that it is unable to do anything else? Either way, it's only been The Crew so far that's having this problem, which has persisted through both recent drivers from Nvidia.

Anyway, I checked, and RAM usage is sitting at 5GB(only 2GB is The Crew though), VRAM is at 1.4 out of 2GB, and CPU usage is anywhere from 60% to 90%. GPU is sitting at ~40C, so no thermal throttling.

I might try taking my CPU back down to stock speeds to see if that helps.

9 minutes ago, steezemageeze said:

Yes, but wouldn't 100% load mean that it is unable to do anything else? Either way, it's only been The Crew so far that's having this problem, which has persisted through both recent drivers from Nvidia.

Anyway, I checked, and RAM usage is sitting at 5GB(only 2GB is The Crew though), VRAM is at 1.4 out of 2GB, and CPU usage is anywhere from 60% to 90%. GPU is sitting at ~40C, so no thermal throttling.

I might try taking my CPU back down to stock speeds to see if that helps.

What else should a GPU do? 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

What else should a GPU do? 

I mean, if it's pinned at 100% and only able to produce 10FPS, then wouldn't that be a bad thing? I agree that if it's at 100% and is putting out 60+ FPS, then there is nothing wrong, but in my case I think there's something going on.

UPDATE: Tried to play both Batman and Skyrim again and both had terrible framerates too. Reinstalled driver and rebooted, and now all of them are running smoothly. Not sure what could've caused this, I'll keep an eye on it.

8 hours ago, Ords said:

Are you using windows 10?

Yes

On 10/10/2016 at 8:02 PM, steezemageeze said:

Yes

Try logging in on the Xbox app the go to the settings then click Game DVR and turn it off.

50 minutes ago, Ords said:

Try logging in on the Xbox app the go to the settings then click Game DVR and turn it off.

I don't know if I've ever logged into the Xbox app, but I'll give that a shot when I get home.