Wait for ps4 pro or just get slim ?

Sherlock

Hi ! I wanted to give my brother a ps4 as a present since his xbox 360 is barely working anymore. In a couple of months the ps4 pro i going to release but at the moment the ps4 slim is everywhere in the retail stores. So is the ps4 pro really worth it ? I've been hearing that they'll be using a new apu for better graphics so if that's true im most likely going to get that but if not then i might as well get the slim right now ..........

I hear the games aren't going to be in 4K, only the menus and Netflix. So unless your brother is really into 4K movies, I'd save the money. Maybe include extra games/controllers instead. I mean, other than the support for 4K and HDR (without the extra GPU power to enable 4K gameplay) the PS4 isn't any different.

Why would u waste money on a PS4....

I bought a PS4 and a $3K PC and that PS4 was a waste of money.

You could build a good gaming pc for the same price as a PS4 Pro!

I'd just get the slim, or a used PS4 and a few games with the extra money saved.

The PS4 Neo doesn't seem very promising. I'm gonna call it here and say it'll easily be the worst modern console release to date.

I'd honestly recommend a Xbox One that way he can use his Xbox Live profile still, and doesn't have to deal with the migration of consoles.

Spoiler

On 9.10.2016 at 1:19 PM, MilkJugg24 said:

I'd honestly recommend a Xbox One that way he can use his Xbox Live profile still, and doesn't have to deal with the migration of consoles.

that, and I also heard that the Xbox one got an update that enables backwards compatibility with some 360 games - so your bro might be able to play some of his 360 games on the new console.

didn't the xbox one also get a slim version already ?

Just get the Pro. If it's possible, there's no point in getting a lesser experience when just 100 more gets you something better.