new AMD GPU's

Bluetech
2 minutes ago, JJS76 said:

The second source is complete bullshit, don't ever link that channel. The owner takes benchmarks from random sites and puts them there, doesn't do them on his own. DigitalFoundry is legit though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

The second source is complete bullshit, don't ever link that channel. The owner takes benchmarks from random sites and puts them there, doesn't do them on his own. DigitalFoundry is legit though.

Sorry, first time I ever watched a video from them. Looks like a pretty sketchy channel.

I know clock speed isn't EVERYTHING, and the NVIdia card clock very high. What would be an advantage for an AMD GPU then?

2 minutes ago, Bluetech said:

I know clock speed isn't EVERYTHING, and the NVIdia card clock very high. What would be an advantage for an AMD GPU then?

Well, from my experience with my AMD GPU, Direct12 support is better...Free sync monitors are cheaper......thats all i got ...lol

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

40 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Well, from my experience with my AMD GPU, Direct12 support is better...Free sync monitors are cheaper......thats all i got ...lol

They age better???? xD

3 minutes ago, YongKang said:

They age better???? xD

i guess they do, im using an 290X Lightning and there is nothing i cant play on this monitor. :)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

1 minute ago, Wingfan said:

i guess they do, im using an 290X Lightning and there is nothing i cant play on this monitor. :)

That's one good card. You're making me so jelly.

10 hours ago, YongKang said:

That's one good card. You're making me so jelly.

I own a 290X as well, and there are no games that I can't max out 60FPS High/Ultra 1200p. It's a far better card than a 780Ti, which was considered a faster card at launch. And a more expensive one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I own a 290X as well, and there are no games that I can't max out 60FPS High/Ultra 1200p. It's a far better card than a 780Ti, which was considered a faster card at launch. And a more expensive one.

So, the argument of AMD aging better is valid? :P

Just now, YongKang said:

So, the argument of AMD aging better is valid? :P

It just applies to the latest generation starting with HD7000 series when compared to Nvidia's counterparts. But that's due to AMD drivers not utilizing fully the potential of the GPU in the first place and getting better over time.

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

It just applies to the latest generation starting with HD7000 series when compared to Nvidia's counterparts. But that's due to AMD drivers not utilizing fully the potential of the GPU in the first place and getting better over time.

What about the drivers lately? I don't know anything about them since I'm still sitting on my Geforce G105M.

3 minutes ago, YongKang said:

What about the drivers lately? I don't know anything about them since I'm still sitting on my Geforce G105M.

I'm on an AMD card for a year - less issues than I had with Nvidia drivers. I encountered none, and I update as soon as a new version releases.

4 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I see we're in the mood for exaggerating our video cards' potential. 

I'll join in: there are no games that my 980 Ti can't max out at 60 FPS High/Ultra 2160p. 

1 hour ago, Morgan Everett said:

I'll join in: there are no games that my 980 Ti can't max out at 60 FPS High/Ultra 2160p. 

The problem is that your GPU is not even that old compare to the 290X. Your 980ti = 1070. xD

Just now, YongKang said:

The problem is that your GPU is not even that old compare to the 290X. Your 980ti = 1070.

I'm not sure where the problem is. 

Just now, Morgan Everett said:

I'm not sure where the problem is. 

We're talking about 290X/780ti aging and then you step in to talk about your 980ti. We're checking on how hardware age with modern games and you just say "I have a "new" card that can run these resolution". In no way we were bragging about, we're just sharing data.

2 minutes ago, YongKang said:

We're talking about 290X/780ti aging and then you step in to talk about your 980ti. We're checking on how hardware age with modern games and you just say "I have a "new" card that can run these resolution". In no way we were bragging about, we're just sharing data.

I think you need to go and read my first response to you again. 

1 hour ago, Morgan Everett said:

Just now, Morgan Everett said:

I think you need to go and read my first response to you again. 

1. I don't think we're exaggerating 290X performance, especially when it's 1200p
2. I don't see why you can't do 60 fps high/Ultra at 2160x1440p with your 980ti. I don't think you're exaggerating in that department.

2 minutes ago, YongKang said:

1. I don't think we're exaggerating 290X performance, especially when it's 1200p
2. I don't see why you can't do 60 fps high/Ultra at 2160x1440p with your 980ti. I don't think you're exaggerating in that department.

Having owned a 290 myself, I know you're exaggerating.

2160p would be 3840x2160, or "4K". 

9 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

Having owned a 290 myself, I know you're exaggerating.

2160p would be 3840x2160, or "4K". 

290X.... Plus, it depends on which version you got....... -.-

The 290x and 290 had pretty similar performance profiles. And I had a pretty reasonable overclock on mine. 

11 hours ago, Morgan Everett said:

The 290x and 290 had pretty similar performance profiles. And I had a pretty reasonable overclock on mine. 

My 290X is at 1150 core / 1450 memory, ROTTR as one of the newest and most demanding games runs at everything Ultra besides textures (they're on High as Ultra takes over 5GB of VRAM) and I get around 60FPS average if I use the benchmark tool. How is that exaggerating?

2 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

My 290X is at 1150 core / 1450 memory, ROTTR as one of the newest and most demanding games runs at everything Ultra besides textures (they're on High as Ultra takes over 5GB of VRAM) and I get around 60FPS average if I use the benchmark tool. How is that exaggerating?

What you get in the benchmark tool isn't important. You won't be getting that in gameplay-not even close, in fact. 

16 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

What you get in the benchmark tool isn't important. You won't be getting that in gameplay-not even close, in fact. 

I monitor my statistics when I play games and I know what I see.

19 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I monitor my statistics when I play games and I know what I see.

Then you know you don't see 60FPS average at the quality settings you specified when actually playing the game.