Hi!,

I apologize in advanced for my crappy English, here we go.

I have a TV LG 42LG7000 LCD (bought in 2009) in my living room, I always used a laptop to watch streams, movies, tv shows,etc, and this week I was watching a stream and the laptop went completely black and a bluescreen poped up,  VIDEO TDR FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys), the laptop restarted and I tried again, same crash,same bluescreen, restarted again and tried on another TV that I have in the house LG 32LD320, connected the HDMI normally and it worked perfectly, every resolution completely normal.
So, reinstalling video driver + sfc/scannow to repair any corrupted system file or anything like it, tried again but with no success.

I borrowed a bunch of other laptops and tablets from my family to test it out on that TV, they all used to work before that crash, they no longer do, TV receives no signal on every HDMI port (also tested with all versions of HDMI, 3 cables of each) , the only thing that works on that TV now, is the is the DVR Box from my ISP, on every single HDMI port works perfectly, no laptops, no tablets, all other device no longer works on HDMI besides the DVR box.
Final thoughts, this is beyond my knowledge, i work with Servers,storage and other network stuff but i have no clue about this. I'd love to read some opinions about what you think about this, and sorry again for the crappy English.

[NOTE]-Devices tested on the living room TV:
Aspire E15 - E5-571-38KF (win10 64bits, laptop that crashed on the TV, it only has Intel Graphics)
Asus K550JX (Win 10 64bits, didn't crashed but no signal on the TV)
Asus GL551VW (Win 10 64bits, didn't crashed but no signal on the TV)
Nvidia Shield K1 (ddidn't crashed but no signal on the TV)
Lenovo Tablet(don't know the model, but also didn't crashed but no signal on the TV)

Best Regards,
JLCfreitas

weird, what sounds like a bluescreen killed your HDMI in on your TV, but that should not be posible...
I think something in you TV died, that caused the HDMI ports to die, and because your laptop freaked you it bluescreened...
So I think your TV just broke

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

1 minute ago, Wyzzy Moon said:

weird, what sounds like a bluescreen killed your HDMI in on your TV, but that should not be posible...
I think something in you TV died, that caused the HDMI ports to die, and because your laptop freaked you it bluescreened...
So I think your TV just broke

but the thing is.. the DVR BOX from my ISP works on every HDMI port on the TV.. that's why I'm super confused

3 minutes ago, jlcfreitas said:

but the thing is.. the DVR BOX from my ISP works on every HDMI port on the TV.. that's why I'm super confused

ow yeah, sorry I read that wrong.. but that's weird, than I'd say HDMI versions but you tried that as well...
Could it be a resolution or refresh rate thing? because your ISP's box has to outputs a signal that is somehow consistently different in some way to all the others.

anyway, something in your TV broke, something that handles HDMI inpout and that's what caused the crash. But it did not completely killed itself yet... and somehow your IPS box is sending a signal that is different the the others.

3 minutes ago, Wyzzy Moon said:

anyway, something in your TV broke, something that handles HDMI inpout and that's what caused the crash. But it did not completely killed itself yet... and somehow your IPS box is sending a signal that is different the the others.

yeah i'll keep trying stuff, DVD blu ray players and update the post meanwhile i wait for other answers, but yeah it's probably dead

If the TV has component, you could get an HDMI to component converter, and continue to use the television with your laptop.

If you keep messing with it, it may stop working all together.

On 09/10/2016 at 6:52 PM, Emmien said:

If the TV has component, you could get an HDMI to component converter, and continue to use the television with your laptop.

If you keep messing with it, it may stop working all together.

it does have, i'll try to find a converter where i live