PS VR released for Preorder

Clanscorpia
27 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

So what it actually does, since many seem to be misinformed, is take the head tracking data from between two frames and apply it to the same first frame at 120hz

Like (new frame) 8ms(head tracking applied to the previous frame) 8ms (new frame) repeat

60 game frames per second, but 120 head movement frames per second

It's not the best implementation of that concept though. Oculus had the best implementation with ATW, which they have now improved on themselves with the new ASW.

Ok. So even if my friend ends up getting a PS4 Pro, he'll still be better off using the low-mid range desktop that I built him with a Vive or Rift for VR.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:00 AM, christianled59 said:

There is a breakaway box that has additional processing power for it. Also, it's only one 1080p screen just split and it'll do 60 fps, 120 fps, or 60 made to look 120. Based on what settings you choose and what console you have. I.e. Ps4 pro vs ps4.

Still doesn't explain why Console Peasants should have VR.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Ok. So even if my friend ends up getting a PS4 Pro, he'll still be better off using the low-mid range desktop that I built him with a Vive or Rift for VR.

depends.... According to Digital Foundrys review, and Jim Sterling, no... he would be better off with the PSVR as it is apparently more comfortable and the screen panel, although lower res, looks better due to being true RGB panel and not some other sort of inferior color mapping system they use in the Vive and Rift (DFs words, not mine)

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Still doesn't explain why Console Peasants should have VR.

Consoles should have vr. It'll help increase the market for vr and make it more mainstream which means better vr in the future.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

8 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

Consoles should have vr. It'll help increase the market for vr and make it more mainstream which means better vr in the future.

But there most likely won't be a next generation of console....... (After Scorpio)

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

13 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

But there most likely won't be a next generation of console....... (After Scorpio)

Doesn't mean they shouldn't have vr right now.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

On 7-10-2016 at 8:48 PM, Clanscorpia said:

The PS VR was released for preorder today at and MSRP of $699 CAD. Which includes a Camera, 2 Touch controllers, and 1 game. Headset can be bought for $549 alone. lTech specs follow.

I'm pretty disappointing. Seems the Vive and Oculus are still better.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/explore/playstation-vr/tech-specs/

Still the PSVR will outsell the Vive and Oculus.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Just now, Xsilent(X) said:

Still the PSVR will outsell the Vive and Oculus.

Because it has the name play station

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Because it has the name play station

No because it is 1/2de cheaper and supported by all gaming companies.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular