Headphone recommendation

ShadowSlayer

Hi everyone. I recently broke my headset i am thinking buying a new , but i don't know which one, so i'm coming here for help.

I'm a guy who games on his days off, sometimes for more than 4 hours so the feel of headphones means a lot to me.

I wear glasses and don't like when headphones presses too hard on ear. I get the feeling that my galsses are being crushed into my skull.

I can't use open ear headphones because i'm sharing room with my sister. On leather earpads my ears get really swetty after long use.

I don't have amp or dac. I can use usb or 3.5 mm jack. 

My budget will be around 100 Euro. I know it's not a lot but  it's better than nothing.

Thanks in the advance.

4 minutes ago, ShadowSlayer said:

I'm a guy who games on his days off . . . . 

You really need to change your profile picture dude.

1 minute ago, Rohime said:

You really need to change your profile picture dude.

I know i know. I'll change it soon.

i would say the hyperX cloud 2 would be a solid headset

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

I would say DT770, if you can get them for 100€ or less, they are really comfy and kinda sound like the clouds, just higher audio quality.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

23 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I would say DT770, if you can get them for 100€ or less, they are really comfy and kinda sound like the clouds, just higher audio quality.

If he plays fps games that need positional cues 

Id stay away from dt770s

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

Id stay away from dt770s

And what do you recommend?

1 minute ago, ShadowSlayer said:

And what do you recommend?

For closed

Cals

Fisher clones

And of course clouds can't really beat price 

13 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Id stay away from dt770s

wtf are you talking about? The DT770 has a fairly okay big soundstage for closed headphones, I think you are mixing them up with the m50/x.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

16 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

wtf are you talking about? The DT770 has a fairly okay big soundstage for closed headphones, I think you are mixing them up with the m50/x.

Lol i own dt 770s want a pic?

20161007_111700.jpg

51 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol i own dt 770s want a pic?

and? I have used them plenty of times, they are among the closed headphones with a fair/good soundstage.

Just now, Dackzy said:

and? I have used them plenty of times, they are among the closed headphones with a fair/good soundstage.

oh wow used them plenty of times lol, just plz stop

I'd never recommend them for anyone that fps games

when fisher clones, clouds, or cals do way better job in positional audio for closed headphones

33 minutes ago, pas008 said:

oh wow used them plenty of times lol, just plz stop

I'd never recommend them for anyone that fps games

when fisher clones, clouds, or cals do way better job in positional audio for closed headphones

stop it, just stop it. How many closed headphones have you tried since you can say they have a bad soundstage? I have tried over 80 and they are above average

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

stop it, just stop it. How many closed headphones have you tried since you can say they have a bad soundstage? I have tried over 80 and they are above average

Lol 

The bass is overwhelming for positional sounds

Can you please just stop 

Obviously i have them in front and have first hand experience for over 2 yrs

16 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol 

The bass is overwhelming for positional sounds

Can you please just stop 

Obviously i have them in front and have first hand experience for over 2 yrs

Oh god you didn't just say that, did you? Did you ever in your life think that people hear differently? No? Well then let me tell you something some people cannot hear bass that well, some people hear bass really well. Just because something is overwhelming for YOU doesn't it mean that other people think so. 

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Oh god you didn't just say that, did you? Did you ever in your life think that people hear differently? No? Well then let me tell you something some people cannot hear bass that well, some people hear bass really well. Just because something is overwhelming for YOU doesn't it mean that other people think so. 

Oh my

you are full of it

You call yourself experienced but you continue to argue over a common gaming experience Many owners report on dt770s 

Plz tell me which games you played with them?

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Oh my

you are full of it

You call yourself experienced but you continue to argue over a common gaming experience Many owners report on dt770s 

Plz tell me which games you played with them?

Let me see I have played over 200 hours at CSS lans with them and over 300 hours at CSGO lans with them and maybe 20-30 hours of BF4

Why don't you start thinking about how other people hear, NOBODY in this world hears 100% the same as you and that is a FACT, there will always be a difference somewhere. Everyone is different when it comes to how we hear things and experience things with our ears. The DT770 has a fair/good soundstage for closed, they are not great like the K553, but I also NEVER said that they are great. Do you even know how many headphones that has close to no soundstage like the m50/x, from what I have tried, A LOT. So from my experience average is pretty meh, so when something is fair/good, then it is above average.

Heck even a lot of people think they are a bit weak when it comes to bass.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Let me see I have played over 200 hours at CSS lans with them and over 300 hours at CSGO lans with them and maybe 20-30 hours of BF4

Why don't you start thinking about how other people hear, NOBODY in this world hears 100% the same as you and that is a FACT, there will always be a difference somewhere. Everyone is different when it comes to how we hear things and experience things with our ears. The DT770 has a fair/good soundstage for closed, they are not great like the K553, but I also NEVER said that they are great. Do you even know how many headphones that has close to no soundstage like the m50/x, from what I have tried, A LOT. So from my experience average is pretty meh, so when something is fair/good, then it is above average.

Heck even a lot of people think they are a bit weak when it comes to bass.

lol mad lust envy even has dt770s below cals for competitive gaming, and i'd put the fisher clones above those in positional

and both are cheaper

plz just stop

gamed all those hours with dt770s lol

just wow,

5 minutes ago, pas008 said:

lol mad lust envy even has dt770s below cals, and i'd put the fisher clones above those in positional

and both are cheaper

plz just stop

gamed all those hours with dt770s lol

just wow,

Never heard those "fisher clones", why don't you stop? The DT770 are fine for gaming, they are comfy and have a okay soundstage, not saying they are better than those fisher clone things, because never ever tried them and don't even know where to find them.

When it comes down to what headphones you pick, the sound signature will always be very important and in the end most likely be the part you choose your headphones with.

Why is it funny that I have gamed that much with them? I have played a lot of CSGO and CSS, I started with shitty gaming headsets, then got some headphones, then my team mate got two DT770 and gave me a pair everytime we went to a CSS/CSGO lan party. Yeah those hours are only at lans, I use k612 at home.

For me anything above the m50 bass is wayyy too much, the m50 bass is only fine for me for a hour max. I know what you mean with too much boomy bass, but some people don't hear bass that well and some people love that boomy bass.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Never heard those "fisher clones", why don't you stop? The DT770 are fine for gaming, they are comfy and have a okay soundstage, not saying they are better than those fisher clone things, because never ever tried them and don't even know where to find them.

When it comes down to what headphones you pick, the sound signature will always be very important and in the end most likely be the part you choose your headphones with.

Why is it funny that I have gamed that much with them? I have played a lot of CSGO and CSS, I started with shitty gaming headsets, then got some headphones, then my team mate got two DT770 and gave me a pair everytime we went to a CSS/CSGO lan party. Yeah those hours are only at lans, I use k612 at home.

For me anything above the m50 bass is wayyy too much, the m50 bass is only fine for me for a hour max. I know what you mean with too much boomy bass, but some people don't hear bass that well and some people love that boomy bass.

nice story

you say you know headphones but never heard of fischer clones?

hmmm

Just now, pas008 said:

nice story

hmmm

Look at where I live in the world, how often do you think I even see brands that are not mainstream? Not a lot, only when I am at audio meet ups. Brands like hifiman are only sold in a few stores that are not even close to me and maybe 3-4 people at each meet up has some unusual headphones from unusual brandswith them. I have heard of fischer, but not fischer clones

53 minutes ago, pas008 said:

nice story

hmmm

This is why people hate audiophiles, because of this elitism stigma.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

14 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

This is why people hate audiophiles, because of this elitism stigma.

Lol giving op better options for cheaper is what?

Hmm

Btw I'm far from audiophile

Read his signature

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol giving op better options for cheaper is what?

Hmm

Btw I'm far from audiophile

Read his signature

So you are saying that he is likely to know better then? Because that is what I'm getting from your statement.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

So you are saying that he is likely to know better then? Because that is what I'm getting from your statement.

what?

claiming to know headphones

but not know fischer clones

the dt770s bass overwhelms positional sound which is needed for most fps gaming

when there are better options

and telling a owner of dt770s they are great for it when owner has other closed back headphones that do it better

plz read the thread