Need advice on improving air flow

xAGx_Pisces

Hello. :3 I need some advice for improving the airflow of this PC. I just recently made it, and I'm going to get a used XFX 270X for $50 tomorrow! :D If it works, I'm afraid the cooler would consume most of the cool air coming into the case. Partially because the length of the card is going to leave somewhere around 1" left when it's in for air to get to the CPU cooler. There's more room to the side, but it's still a concern for me. Here's some pictures. I don't have any CHA_FAN ports left on the motherboard, so I would have to leave one fan at 100%, probably an intake fan. Does anyone have recommendations for improved airflow? I don't mind buying one or two fans for cheap, but I don't want to have to buy a fan controller at the moment. The fans are 120mm. I'm not planning on overclocking. 

IMG_20161006_223132.jpg

IMG_20161006_223419.jpg

IMG_20161006_223754.jpg

:3

Air isn't consumed and is just moved. More air will take its place. 

What you have seems fine. See how your temps are before deciding to change anything.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Basically all you need here.

Hey I remember this video. Wow, it's been a long time. Thank you. :3

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Air isn't consumed and is just moved. More air will take its place. 

What you have seems fine. See how your temps are before deciding to change anything.

When I had my 550 Ti in here, a medium length card with a crud fan, my CPU temps seemed to be a few degrees hotter at idle (34-35C is still really good though I think.). I suppose it's an empty concern. Thank you for the reply. :)

2 minutes ago, xAGx_Pisces said:

When I had my 550 Ti in here, a medium length card with a crud fan, my CPU temps seemed to be a few degrees hotter at idle (34-35C is still really good though I think.). I suppose it's an empty concern. Thank you for the reply. :)

Idle temps don't really matter. Look at load instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 10/6/2016 at 11:10 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Idle temps don't really matter. Look at load instead.

Hey, you're right! I played Dark Souls III for at least 12 minutes, which puts both my CPU (all 4 cores) and GPU at max load. My CPU only went up to 45, and my GPU got up to 63. :D 

27 minutes ago, xAGx_Pisces said:

Hey, you're right! I played Dark Souls III for at least 12 minutes, which puts both my CPU (all 4 cores) and GPU at max load. My CPU only went up to 45, and my GPU got up to 63. :D 

GPU will be fine up to 85C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv