Best FPV Racing drone (with goggles) under 300$

samocamo123
1 minute ago, samocamo123 said:

But that's 3 times the price, so couldn't I get the a250 and upgrade later

Switching frames is a pain as you have to resolder just about everything and possibly shorten or lengthen wires from ESCs to motors. Trust me on this, it's worth it just to get a good frame from the beginning. The RMRC Gobby 210 is another good option. No damage after crashing perpendicular, face first into the ground at full speed when I tried to do a flip line of sight with no rates.

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Switching frames is a pain as you have to resolder just about everything and possibly shorten or lengthen wires from ESCs to motors. Trust me on this, it's worth it just to get a good frame from the beginning. The RMRC Gobby 210 is another good option. No damage after crashing perpendicular, face first into the ground at full speed when I tried to do a flip line of sight with no rates.

I'll try but as I said I'm only 14 so I'll be lucky if I can get it in the first place. Thanks for the help though one last thing are 5 or 6 in props better for the A250

9 hours ago, samocamo123 said:

I'll try but as I said I'm only 14 so I'll be lucky if I can get it in the first place. Thanks for the help though one last thing are 5 or 6 in props better for the A250

Lose that frame. 5" props are considered the "goldy locks" of props. Watch the videos under the props section in my guide. Personally I like 6" props, but that's just what I like. 

ASU

On 10/7/2016 at 10:36 AM, Hackentosher said:

Lose that frame. 5" props are considered the "goldy locks" of props. Watch the videos under the props section in my guide. Personally I like 6" props, but that's just what I like. 

How is this?

1 | ZMR 250
1 | Acro Naze 32
2 | HQ Prop 5x4x3
1 | Tattu - 1300mAh - 3S - 45C
1 | SkyZone RC832 5.8GHz
1 | SkyZone TS5823 - 200mW - 5.8GHz

1 | Quanum DIY V2
1 | AOMWAY 5.8G RHCP - RPSMA
4 | DYS - BE1806-13 - 2300Kv

1 | RMRC - Mini PDB - 5V & 12V BEC + Switches
1 | Mini Sony Super HAD CCD 600TVL IR Block (HS1177)
1 | Turnigy 9X
4 | ZTW Spider 18A

1 hour ago, samocamo123 said:

1 | ZMR 250

A crash into grass should not break an arm

ASU

A crash into grass should not break an arm

Just wondering what would be the problems with something like this? It has good reviews. If the frame is the only prob couldn't I get that and something like a tweaker or an armhattan? http://www.banggood.com/Realacc-X210-4mm-Frame-w-F3-6-DOF-Racerstar-BR2205-2600KV-Motor-RS30A-V2-Blheli_S-5X4X3-Prop-p-1078119.html?rmmds=search 

39 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Just wondering what would be the problems with something like this? It has good reviews. If the frame is the only prob couldn't I get that and something like a tweaker or an armhattan? http://www.banggood.com/Realacc-X210-4mm-Frame-w-F3-6-DOF-Racerstar-BR2205-2600KV-Motor-RS30A-V2-Blheli_S-5X4X3-Prop-p-1078119.html?rmmds=search 

The problem it's a cheap Chinese piece of crap. It's like $30 more to get that shendrones frame.

edit: Also the ZMR 250's aren't carbon, the're made of some super thin carbon that's sandwiched by some fiberglass which makes it super weak.

ASU

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

The problem it's a cheap Chinese piece of crap. It's like $30 more to get that shendrones frame.

edit: Also the ZMR 250's aren't carbon, the're made of some super thin carbon that's sandwiched by some fiberglass which makes it super weak.

How about this?

Frame: Tweaker FPV Addiction Edition

Flight Controller: Naze32 Rev6 Acro

Motors: RMRC Black Series - 2204 2600kv CW Thread

Esc: Favourite Little Bee 20A 2-4S ESC (No BEC)

Radio Solution: Turnigy TGY-i6S

Battery: Turnigy Graphene 1300mAh 4S 65C Lipo Pack w/XT60

Props: GemFan 4045 Bullnose ABS Propellers (CW/CCW) Black (1 pair)

PDB: Matek PDB-XT60 w/BEC (5V and 12V)

Power Leads: XT60 Male w/ 12AWG Silicon Wire 10cm (5pcs/bag)

Battery Straps: Graphene Velcro Battery Strap 300mm

Camera: Turnigy HS1177 1/3 Sony Color HAD II CCD Camera for FPV (PAL)

vTX: LT650 5.8GHz 600mW 32 Channel FPV A/V Transmitter

Goggles: Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggle w/ Integrated Monitor and Receiver

2 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

How about this?

Frame: Tweaker FPV Addiction Edition

Flight Controller: Naze32 Rev6 Acro

Motors: Multistar 2206-2150KV 3~4S 320w FPV Racing Motor "The Baby Beast"

Esc: Favourite Little Bee 20A 2-4S ESC (No BEC)

Radio Solution: Turnigy TGY-i6S

Battery: Turnigy Graphene 1300mAh 4S 65C Lipo Pack w/XT60

Props: Gemfan Propeller 5x3 Black (CW/CCW) (2pcs)

PDB: Matek PDB-XT60 w/BEC (5V and 12V)

Power Leads: XT60 Male w/ 12AWG Silicon Wire 10cm (5pcs/bag)

Battery Straps: Graphene Velcro Battery Strap 300mm

Camera: Turnigy HS1177 1/3 Sony Color HAD II CCD Camera for FPV (PAL)

vTX: LT650 5.8GHz 600mW 32 Channel FPV A/V Transmitter

Goggles: Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggle w/ Integrated Monitor and Receiver

I like this a lot more, but I don't like those motors. I don't particularly like Turnigy, I think you should get motors from a company that's known for making motors. My friend had the 2300kv versions of these, and they were pretty good. When running smaller props, it makes sense to go with a higher kv as you don't need as much torque (more KV = less torque) to spin the prop up to the desired speed. Although I'd buy them quick as it looks like Emax is trying to get rid of this motor. 

The next best/cheapest thing I can think of are the 2204 motors I have listed in my parts list.

ASU

15 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

I like this a lot more, but I don't like those motors. I don't particularly like Turnigy, I think you should get motors from a company that's known for making motors. My friend had the 2300kv versions of these, and they were pretty good. When running smaller props, it makes sense to go with a higher kv as you don't need as much torque (more KV = less torque) to spin the prop up to the desired speed. Although I'd buy them quick as it looks like Emax is trying to get rid of this motor. 

The next best/cheapest thing I can think of are the 2204 motors I have listed in my parts list.

Just wondering are GemFan 4045 Bullnose ABS Propellers (CW/CCW) Black (1 pair) props with the RMRC Black Series 2204 2600kv on the tweaker fpv addiction edition good?

3 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Just wondering are GemFan 4045 Bullnose ABS Propellers (CW/CCW) Black (1 pair) props with the RMRC Black Series 2204 2600kv on the tweaker fpv addiction edition good?

15 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

I also read that you need atleast 3000kv on a 180, is that true?

18 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

I haven't had the best experience with gem fan props, my friend and I really like DALs. HQ, DAL, and Racekraft are the most popular. 

ASU

I haven't had the best experience with gem fan props, my friend and I really like DALs. HQ, DAL, and Racekraft are the most popular. 

What props would you recommend, like blade count, size? If you could could you send me what you would use for the 180 with the rmrc 2204-2600kv?

23 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

What props would you recommend, like blade count, size? If you could could you send me what you would use for the 180 with the rmrc 2204-2600kv?

I would go with 4" quad blades on a 180. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

I would go with 4" quad blades on a 180. 

Thanks, Do Lumenier props work good they are the only 4in quads on HK , also does this FPV setup sound good? 

Camera: Turnigy HS1177 1/3 Sony Color HAD II CCD Camera for FPV (PAL)

vTX: LT650 5.8GHz 600mW 32 Channel FPV A/V Transmitter

Goggles: Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggle w/ Integrated Monitor and Receiver

Antenna: Aomway 5.8GHz 4-Leaf Clover Antenna Set for TX/RX (RP-SMA) (RHCP)

5 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Thanks, Do Lumenier props work good they are the only 4in quads on HK , also does this FPV setup sound good? 

Camera: Turnigy HS1177 1/3 Sony Color HAD II CCD Camera for FPV (PAL)

vTX: LT650 5.8GHz 600mW 32 Channel FPV A/V Transmitter

Goggles: Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggle w/ Integrated Monitor and Receiver

Antenna: Aomway 5.8GHz 4-Leaf Clover Antenna Set for TX/RX (RP-SMA) (RHCP)

I don't know of anyone that has tried lumenier props. In general, I don't particularly like lumenier because the quality of their products isn't great except for their motors, and those are made by another company. 

Get the NTSC hs1177 with a top connector. 

What do you need 600mw for? 

ASU

I don't know of anyone that has tried lumenier props. In general, I don't particularly like lumenier because the quality of their products isn't great except for their motors, and those are made by another company. 

Is the hs1177 I picked bad, it is the only one HK sells and I don't want to have to buy from more than like 3 sites if possible?

Also, I just picked the 600mw because it was cheap and I thought higher mW = better if your outside?

2 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Is the hs1177 I picked bad, it is the only one HK sells and I don't want to have to buy from more than like 3 sites if possible?

Also, I just picked the 600mw because it was cheap and I thought higher mW = better if your outside?

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Is the Foxeer XAT600M DC5V-22V 600tvl Sony Super HAD CCD FPV Camera (foxeer hs1177) good with 2.8mm lens, ntsc, ir block, and top connector good?

8 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Well the problem with higher power transmitters is they kinda stomp all over other transmitters that are on nearby frequencies. Just yesterday I caused some issues for abirhee guy that was flying on the same band as me, but with a 25mw transmitter compared to my 200mw.

That hs1177 is probably fine, I've never heard anyone recommending one over the other, just different lenses. 

9 minutes ago, samocamo123 said:

Is the Foxeer XAT600M DC5V-22V 600tvl Sony Super HAD CCD FPV Camera (foxeer hs1177) good with 2.8mm lens, ntsc, ir block, and top connector good?

All the different brands of hs1177s are basically the same. I have the ntsc version, just make sure you get the ir block version. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

Well the problem with higher power transmitters is they kinda stomp all over other transmitters that are on nearby frequencies. Just yesterday I caused some issues for abirhee guy that was flying on the same band as me, but with a 25mw transmitter compared to my 200mw.

That hs1177 is probably fine, I've never heard anyone recommending one over the other, just different lenses. 

All the different brands of hs1177s are basically the same. I have the ntsc version, just make sure you get the ir block version. 

Where I live there isn't too much rc drones and planes near me except for a few drone racing places, so unless I get good enough to race the 600 mW should be good.

On 10/9/2016 at 3:40 PM, Hackentosher said:

What do you think about this motor, someone told me these are one of the best budget motors for a 180 and they seem really good for the price?. http://www.banggood.com/4x-Racerstar-Racing-Edition-2205-BR2205-2600KV-2-4S-Brushless-Motor-CWCCW-For-QAV250-ZMR250-260-280-p-1071307.html?p=63061312105582015022&utm_content=huangguocan&utm_source=rcgroups&utm_medium=rcgs&utm_campaign=marblekit

1 hour ago, samocamo123 said:

I really don't like how inexpensive that is. Seems pretty sketchy. Also again with the no name brands. 

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

I really don't like how inexpensive that is. Seems pretty sketchy. Also again with the no name brands. 

I have seen some tests on it, they seemed really good for the price, also Racerstar isn't noname, they make like 90% of blheli_s esc's

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Just now, samocamo123 said:

I have seen some tests on it, they seemed really good for the price, also Racerstar isn't noname, they make like 90% of blheli_s esc's

These are thrust tests and reviews. The one on the bottom is the same motor, just the 2300kv version.