What was your first computer?

xserd

I remember having an old Wang 386 back in 1994 (go ahead and make your cracks) with windows 3.1 installed jeez was that slow I didn't even have internet at the time something about the phone lines not compatible with a 33.6 or even a 56K modem at the time I ended up with a Compaq Presario eventually in 1995 then my brother had a friend sleep over and stole the pc and my Sony Trinitron TV and my PS1 (original playstation not the remade mini).

First one I can remember was the Apple IIc.

later a Philips 8086. Came with a 20MB harddisk, and it had a turbo button (which I think made this machine run at a BEASTLY 12MHz, instead pf the more mundane 8)

And I'm not even THAT old >.<

De Duobus Malis Minus Est Semper Eligendum

My first PC was the commodore C64.

I used to play some games on it that were stored on those huuuge floppy discs;)

Its kinda sad but im still using my first computer right now, An HP Pavillion Dv2000.

I got it in 2006 or 2007 for school and whatnot, but is basically only good for web browsing and watching movies.

11885.jpg

I had this cheap laptop I picked up second hand somewhere, but I kept it charging 24/7 for a while, so the battery couldn't hold a charge anymore. A while after that, I got a desktop PC that couldn't do much, but it was cheap and it worked nicely. I got a gaming PC after that, but I kept some parts from the old desktop (screen and an extra 3GB ram wooo)

As far as I can remember this was my first computer that I didn't have to share.

post-20767-0-59844000-1415038120.gif

Some Gateway computer running 98, and i rember playing roblox back when it first started on that thing, it was laggy as anything and i think the specs were Pentuim 2 @ 1.2Ghz 2Gigs of LPDDR2 and a 220W PSU no graphics 

it looked kinda like this, and i got it when I was three:

EDIT (HOW DO I POST PICTURES?)

The one I have right now (specs listed below) before that I was a console peasant.

RTX2070OC 

first comp was a tandy 1000. frogger and bowling were the best

CPU-I7 4790k | Motherboard- asus maximus VII hero | RAM- G Skill Trident x 16 gigs | GPU- Asus gtx 980 strix | Case- Fractal Define r4 blackout | Storage- 250 samsung evo boot, 500 evo for games, and 2 tb wd black for storage | PSU- Corsair rm850 | Display(s)- LG 34um65 | Cooling- Noctua NH-U14S | 

I remember the 1st pc i had was something before a pentium II. It had 8mb graphics, 32mb ram, and i don't remember what else. I remember i used to play a game with 4x4 trucks because it was the only thing it could run, lol. It had windows 95

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Wow, I think I've run the gamut of most of the good and bad on here.

It all started with a hand me down Acorn Electron from a former colleague of my father, with a fair few games that I remember having fun with.  Strangely enough, though I was 7-8 at the time, it turns out that the machine was released within a week of my birth.

My first PC compatible was a Packard Bell a couple of years later, just like the 'multimedia' one shown earlier.  486 SX 25Mhz, with a single speed CD rom!  Took me too long to realise that there were someone else's files on it - when sold as new for £2000 - yay Dixons! 

The next computer was my only second hand one - a Powerbook 1400c - Bought from a Physics teacher at a great price, and it was fantastic.  Such a shame Apple was obviously going to go bust the same year...

After that:

iMac 233Mhz rev b.

iBook 466Mhz.

Powerbook G4 12"

Athlon 64 self-build (with low end passive GPU)

Mac Pro (1st Gen)

Macbook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo

Self-build i7 2700k tower (hackintosh dual boot)

Macbook Air 11" 2012

Macbook Pro retina 15" 2013

Overkill i7 5960X 32GB, GTX 980 SLI

Computers, and the quest for more, they never end...

David

The first computer my family owned (or at least, owned at the time I was old enough to remember it):

Some shitty Windows 95 computer that had 40 billion viruses.  :v

The first computer I personally owned:

Acer Aspire One ZG5/AOA150

It had Windows XP on it but I put Ubuntu on it at some point and generally just played around with it a lot.  I got it in grade 8.  :P

I'm curious, Whats The earliest pc setup you can remember you had (specs would be cool). maybe pcs from 5 to 10 years ago?

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I'm curious, Whats The earliest pc setup you can remember you had (specs would be cool). maybe pcs from 5 to 10 years ago?

amd athlon at 2.3ghz stock cooler and i think some sort of nvidia motherboard graphics 256mb ram

Intel pentium 4 at 1.5ghz 512mb ram and some ati gpu 

also REPOST

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

i think someone already posted this...

well my earliest pc was a old dell laptop with windows XP

i mostly used it for playing spider and old windows games i remember the pinball game lol

my first desktop pc is still working today its in my dads house running core2duo and 2gb of ram

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

i think someone already posted this...

well my earliest pc was a old dell laptop with windows XP

i mostly used it for playing spider and old windows games i remember the pinball game lol

my first desktop pc is still working today its in my dads house running core2duo and 2gb of ram

The idea came into my head in math class, i didn't mean to copy anyone. if i did i apologize.

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

It was an old PC that belonged to my dad first, running Windows 95 or 98 :P

I don't remember much of it, but it had a Lion King background and ran this one Power Rangers game just fine so it must have been great! :D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

amd athlon at 2.3ghz stock cooler and i think some sort of nvidia motherboard graphics 256mb ram

Intel pentium 4 at 1.5ghz 512mb ram and some ati gpu 

also REPOST

sorry didnt know. i apologize.

The PC I have now is my first PC :P 

Specs:

i5 4670K @stock speed

MSI Z87-G45

Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X OC

1TB HDD

128GB SSD

CX750M

8GB Ram @1600Mhz

Cm Storm Scout II Advanced

But before that I had a Sony Vaio laptop right when Windows 7 came out. I don't remember all the specs since I was not into computer back then but it was something like this:

Intel Centrino dual core

4GB Ram

Radeon 4470 or so

500GB HDD

And that is all I remember

The PC I have now is my first PC :P

Specs:

i5 4670K @stock speed

MSI Z87-G45

Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X OC

1TB HDD

128GB SSD

CX750M

8GB Ram @1600Mhz

Cm Storm Scout II Advanced

But before that I had a Sony Vaio laptop right when Windows 7 came out. I don't remember all the specs since I was not into computer back then but it was something like this:

Intel Centrino dual core

4GB Ram

Radeon 4470 or so

500GB HDD

And that is all I remember

damn, 500gb was pretty pimpin back then 

"my" First PC (my younger bros):

i5 4670k @ 4.6

asrock z87 extreme4

r9 280x vapor x

2tb green

480GB m500

xfx pro 850W

16GB tactical ram

fractal design r4

the oldest computer we have is an old laptop from 2004 or 2006, i cant really remember the specs on top of my head.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4