What was your first computer?

xserd

Well here are the specs of my first PC:

1. Intel Pentium 100 Mhz CPU

2. 8 MB RAM (no clue what freq)

3. 650 MB Segate HDD

4. Biostar Motherboard (Dont remember the exact model)

5. 15" Flatscreen CRT SVGA Monitor

6. 33.6 Kbps dial up modem

7. 3 &1/4" floppy drive

This was back in 1997. Absolutely loved that machine.. was the fastest in my locality by many a Mhz, cost my dad a whooping $1500!! But that was primarily because we didnt have freely available commercial parts in my country at the time!

I remember sitting up at night for 7 hrs trying to install Corel Draw 4 (i think thats what the version was) from 45 floppy's!! Man that was fun!

Cheers

DL

My first computer that i actually owned was a

Pentium III 800Mhz

256Mb memory

20Gb HDD

Onboard 8Mb Video Memory

Running Windows 98

Cant remember the specs on my first ever pc. it had like a intel celeron cpu, 1GB of ram, 160GB hdd, some ASUS motherboard...but my first pc that i buildt myself (my second pc):

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

CoolIt 120mm water cooler

12 GB Crucial ddr3 1333MHz

Sapphire HD 6850 Toxic Edition

ASUS M4A88T-M/USD3

Corsair CX500 watt psu

IN-WIN Dragon Slayer case

WD 1TB green

Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.9GHz |--| Gigabyte Z77X-UP7 |--| 16GB Crucial BalisitX Elite @ 1600MHz |--| Sapphire + Gigabyte HD 7990 in Quad CrossfireX @ 1,100MHz |--| Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD |--|  2x Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB HDDs in Raid0 |--| CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum |--| Corsair Obsidian 750D

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." - Stephen Hawking

I do not remember the specs from the first radio shack computer in the 80s but the first computer I took note of as an adult was as follows

386 16mhz

387 math co-processor

8 megabytes of memory

VGA card with ONE megabyte of memory (that was actually crazy at the time)

First one I remember my dad got free from a junk yard and was running windows 3.xxx or something. I was too young to even understand and I couldn't even read at the time. PCs I actually remember include a P4 platform and another Athlon 64 based one.

P.s I'm not that old :P

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

P4 1.6 Ghz

256 mb ram 133 MHz

32 mb video card

Windows xp

wow first one I can't really remember much but the specs I think there these:-

Intel i386 (20MHz I think)

Can't remember the motherboard

2 or 4MB RAM

No idea on the graphics or PSU

100MB Hard Drive

Microsoft Windows 2.1

I got that computer when I was about 7 in 1996 and I think the computer was already old by then, I think someone said it was from 1988 or 1989 but I can't remember for sure but I wish I still had it.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

That was a long time ago lol... Pentium II, 256mb ram, 6GB hard drive, 3dfx Voodoo 2, thats about all I can remember. Wish I still had it :(
Voodoo 2 was awesome!!

all i remember is that it was a median PC from best buy :(

That was a long time ago lol... Pentium II, 256mb ram, 6GB hard drive, 3dfx Voodoo 2, thats about all I can remember. Wish I still had it :(
Yeah it was, to be honest it's the part I would really like back, although P2's are cool.

My Dads friend helped me build the machine when I was 10 as a Christmas present, I got the card the following birthday and was the first part I ever installed completely by myself. Was so freaked out installing it and proud of myself lol when it actually booted up. It's funny thinking about it because I was doing it on carpet, such a noob lol :D Wished I had stuck at it, kind of messed up my teens (too much real world experience lol), but hey I'm back at it now :D

Pentium 3 333Mhz

64MB SDRAM

Nvidia TNT2 32Mb

17" CRT

20GB ATA

I think it was a Gateway PC. I was 6 at the time. Them 90's.

Mine was a Core i7 930@ 2.8Ghz, a gtx 480 and a 1TB hard drive with 6GB of RAM. Yeah... I'm pretty yougn...

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Mine was a Core i7 930@ 2.8Ghz, a gtx 480 and a 1TB hard drive with 6GB of RAM. Yeah... I'm pretty yougn...
My house almost burned down because of the 480...

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

my first computer was a prebuilt pentium E2200 with 2GB of 333mhz RAM with an HD2400 that had a passive cooler on it until it died, now ive got an FX-6100 with dual HD 7770's in crossfire.

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

the 480's ran incredibly hot unless you watercooled the card

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

this thread already exists no need to repost this!

Yeah my gtx 480 got maximum 111 degrees celsius when I overclocked it and ran a torture test. I've never overclocked it to play I was afraid it would broke.

LapX that sounds impressive for a first computer :P
Yeah, I didn't build it though, the make a wish foundation gave it to me, I upgraded it since.

pentium2 with 16mb ram and probably with an graphics card(that i dont remember) which was around 98

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

First PC that was properly mine. I got it in 2004 :)

AMD Athlon XP 2500+

some Gigabyte board ---> Biostar M7VIT GRAND

2*256 MB RAM ---> 1*512MB, as I've destroyed 1 stick by putting it in wrong when testing which stick was broken. I got lucky - It was actually the dead stick that got destroyed :D

nVidia FX5200

350W PSU

Sound Blaster Live!

80GB Maxtor HDD --> 80GB + 200GB Maxtor HDDs

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Holy those are some powerful first computers lol. My first system was a Commodore 64, I was 6 years old.

Hmm my first computing experience was a Mac Classic.

My family's first computer when I was a kid was a Mac PowerPC (boy was it great, it even emulated Windows 3.11 really well, probably better than PC's at the time)

Then when I first got my own computer I got an Olivetti 486 DX/2... Wish I'd gotten another Mac, Macs were really best for gaming all the way up to 1999.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

my first pc was a intel pentium 4 2.8ghz

250gb hard drive

500w psu

ssound blast

nvidia gtx 7600gtx

still got it ;)

I got my first computer from my parents, for school use.

It was a Acer pre-built pc with an Intel Q8800 quad core (I don't remember exactly anymore), 4 GB of DDR 2, a Radeon HD 4350 512MB and a 750 GB HDD.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

My first pc was a Compaq Presario SR1726NX

160 gb hard drive

512 mb ram (i upgraded to 2 gb later lol)

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.2 GHz

Lightscribe DVD writer (that was a big thing in 05')

i still have it, but i dont use it anymore