Password Reset Key

2 hours ago, respektek said:

a hardware logger is way too obvious

I wasn't talking about a hardware logger.

2 hours ago, alextulu said:

I wasn't talking about a hardware logger.

If you use a software logger you'd need one that's able to inject into the Winlogon process which, unless you're able to code that capability yourself, is very hard to find.

We don't have to purchase any password reset key. The sticky keys trick is a backdoor that could hack into any Windows user account as long as you have physical access to the PC.

10 hours ago, respektek said:

If you use a software logger you'd need one that's able to inject into the Winlogon process which, unless you're able to code that capability yourself, is very hard to find.

If you use an online account, it's the same account, that you use on the Windows Store or Outlook.com or OneDrive.

If you use any of the above services, a keylogger can get the password, when you login to those services, because it's the same password.

You don't need to inject into Winlogon.

3 hours ago, Robin_Mosie said:

We don't have to purchase any password reset key. The sticky keys trick is a backdoor that could hack into any Windows user account as long as you have physical access to the PC.

It's the same principle. The PC boots from external media, and the operating system on the harddrive isn't running.

You could also use this to delete the password, just like with the password reset key, but you would have to know, where the password is located in the filesystem.

4 hours ago, alextulu said:

If you use an online account, it's the same account, that you use on the Windows Store or Outlook.com or OneDrive.

If you use any of the above services, a keylogger can get the password, when you login to those services, because it's the same password.

You don't need to inject into Winlogon.

With windows nowadays making your Microsoft account so much more integrated I'd doubt anyone would type in their Microsoft Account password beyond the initial setup phase, + saved passwords etc. mean not so many people nowadays actually type the password in in a web browser anymore.

Obviously except when logging in.

8 minutes ago, respektek said:

With windows nowadays making your Microsoft account so much more integrated I'd doubt anyone would type in their Microsoft Account password beyond the initial setup phase, + saved passwords etc. mean not so many people nowadays actually type the password in in a web browser anymore.

The Windows Store has a feature, that asks for the password, whenever you spend money on the store.

Anyone notice you can't find the product on Amazon anymore?

So, kinda beside the point of the video, but wasn't mentioning that fact that LTT gets a kickback from the Amazon link part of what got their old Amazon affiliates account terminated?

Just stuck out to me, I could be way off since it's been a while!

Should demonstrate the lack of security OS X has too by booting into Single User Mode and enabling the root user :D

Alternatively just us HIRENS boot CD on a USB stick

PC Specs: 

CPU: Intel i7 5820K  GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3070 (FE)  Motherboard: ASRock x99 Extreme4  PSU: Bequiet! Powerzone 650W  RAM:  32Gb DDR4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (white) 2400mhz  CPU Cooler: Bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3  Storage: 1x Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, 1x WD Blue 2tb HDD 5400rpm, 1x Toshiba 500gb HDD  Case: NZXT H440 (matte black w/ case fans)  Case Fan (Top Mounted): Notcua AF-14 144mm  LED Lights: TOP LED 2x30 Strips

Peripherals:

Speakers: M-AUDIO AV-42 (pair)  Headphones: AudioTechnica ATH-M20X,  Keyboard: AULA 859  Mouse: Tecknet  Microphone: RODE NT1-A  Audio Interface: ZOOM R8  

Camera Specs:

Cameras: BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, Canon 4000, Olympus OM-1, Zorki 4  Lenses: Olympus OM-1 Zuiko Macro, Regular and Telephoto, EFS 18mm-55mm, MFT 12mm, 25mm and 35mm, 50mm Jupiter 8, 50mm EFS

Software:

Editing: BlackMagic Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Sony Vegas Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Cubase LE AI Elements 6, Adobe Elements

Phone: Pixel 4

Isn't this pretty much like kon-boot? I used to use KB back in the windows 7 days when repairing other peoples computers.. Just found this to be very similar.. Except you have to buy a $20 hardware accessory for this whereas with KB you pay $15 for software that works off of pretty much all flash drives.. And KB has a version that works on Windows aswell as OS X for $26. The two just sounded very similar :b

Soooo... I bought one and tried it on 2 different laptops... a Dell and a Toshiba, couldn't get it to work, they semt me a replacement, and I just tested it on my Acer laptop and can't get it to work there either. Help from anyone who got one??

Engineer, electronics enthusiast, maker. My devices/tech:

Spoiler

Desktop (Main): i7-7700k/EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090/32" Curved QLED monitor

Desktop (HTPC): Ryzen 3-3200G/RX 580

Handheld: ASUS ROG Ally Z1 Extreme

Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advantage

VR: Quest 2

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Dev Boards: TI MSP430/Arduino Uno/Raspberry Pi 4/esp32

Sound: Sony WH-1000XM4, HyperX Quadcast

Camera: Sony a6300 w/ 18-135mm kit lens

32 minutes ago, Nimoy007 said:

Soooo... I bought one and tried it on 2 different laptops... a Dell and a Toshiba, couldn't get it to work, they semt me a replacement, and I just tested it on my Acer laptop and can't get it to work there either. Help from anyone who got one??

make a new post

6 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

make a new post

Actually, I JUST got it working via a method that was suggested in this thread. I don't want to reveal what that was because it involves a flaw in the manufacturer's distribution system... but I think anyone who wants to know will figure it out.

For anyone who wants to know how well it works... (when it does) ... INCREDIBLY EASILY. It just stripped the password right off my Toshiba laptop like nothing. Going to test other devices now. Thanks, folks!

Engineer, electronics enthusiast, maker. My devices/tech:

Spoiler

Desktop (Main): i7-7700k/EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090/32" Curved QLED monitor

Desktop (HTPC): Ryzen 3-3200G/RX 580

Handheld: ASUS ROG Ally Z1 Extreme

Laptop: ASUS ROG Strix G15 Advantage

VR: Quest 2

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Dev Boards: TI MSP430/Arduino Uno/Raspberry Pi 4/esp32

Sound: Sony WH-1000XM4, HyperX Quadcast

Camera: Sony a6300 w/ 18-135mm kit lens

Nice video. 

On 8.10.2016 at 2:38 PM, respektek said:

Uhm no. I type in a PIN (instead of the password that gives me access to hotmail for example). But actually windows offers a couple of ways to login (Hello, PIN, Password, Fingerprint) and the one thing this thing can't do is ripping the password from an online-account. It only works if it is an offline Account and when the drive isn't encrypted (on MS hardware like the Surface, the drive is encrypted by default). 

What i don't like about this video: pretty much the same thing is possible on every OS, as long as the drive isn't encrypted. But on Linux you don't even need a live-cd or usb key to reset the root password. You can do it in GRUB. You can also reset the password without logging in on MacOS. 

And, if you have a live-cd/usb key, you have access to every file on the harddrive, if it is not encrypted. No matter which OS is installed.

Edit: please excuse my bad english skills ^,^" but i like the Linus channel and just wanted to share my opinion on that one

• 2 weeks later...

This device doesn't seem to be available on Amazon anymore. Is there anywhere else I can find it?

• 5 weeks later...

I think we can do this easily by replacing utilman.exe with cmd.exe(rename to utilman.exe) using Windows Bootable drive. Then at the log in screen click on accessibility icon will bring you a cmd window where you can run 'net user accountname password'. But all this include having physical access to machine

• 6 months later...

Hi,

in the video to this topic you said the Amazon key couldn´t crack bitlocker but I belive there is one usb key that actually can.
There is a win 8/10 Pe of a russian  named strelec it has different tools like backup /restore data/diagnostic and  lots of other full versions of nice tools (not all soft on the stick is really officiall by the way) under the tools are also 2 tools to replace the windows password and also a BITLOCKER UNLOCK TOOL. From my experience the russian version is supported a little better then the english by strelec but the english one is fine aswell. I dont know if I m allowed to pos links here so I dont but you should be able to find it fast when you google: WinPE 10-8 Sergei Strelec (x86/x64/Native x86) 2017.05.04 English version you should try it its really nice for other diagnostic stuff than windows cracking aswell and its downloaded folder contains all descriptions and stuff needed to make a bootable usb in 10 minutes.

Also I think that, if someone makes/activates an admin account with Battle Scars suggested method of renaming utilman.exe nd cmd.exe, and changes the user password over the control panel the bitlocker encription should adapt to the new pw aswell ? But I am not really sure about that.

PS:  Sorry for my bad english

• 1 year later...

I know this was a while ago but is there anyway to make your own usb recovery drive 

3 hours ago, Ego Epikz said:

I know this was a while ago but is there anyway to make your own usb recovery drive 

Yes, I won't partake in a LMGTFY fest, so just search for it.

• 2 months later...

Amazon link doesn't work or missing I am a computer technician and would love to use this product

amazon.JPG

• 6 months later...

It takes me around 30 secs to 10 mins (depending on the PC/laptop model) to get around Window's password with a micro thumbdrive. Change your SETHC file to CMD and your CMD to CMD1, Net User the account changing the password and you're in. Oh, and the Keys to those encrypted files are in your Regedit. Windows is just not a very secure system. The good news is that unless someone is looking to take your info by taking your PC or laptop, you're relatively safe. On the other hand, if you pissed off you girl or guy or you are hiding from the Feds, then you're screwed.