There is a weird virus in my system

Indus Monk

This virus uses 25% of my CPU (acc to MSI Afterburner) When i look in the task manager, i end up killing the task which uses 25% of my CPU,and the load shifts to some other application. This happens all the time... What can i do now?

PS: Malwarebytes is ineffective

Antivirus is ineffective

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Reinstall Windows

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Reinstall Windows

even if it's not a virus, reinstall windows.

Clean install windows.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Reinstall Windows

nonetheless ran mbam and found a hidden malware

7 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Reinstall Windows

that does not work either

7 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

That makes no sense whatsoever.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

43 minutes ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

Reinstalling windows will eradicate any virus on the drive because it will format he drive wiping any data on it, if you still have the virus after that then you have a bigger issue.

EDIT: what program does it show using all of the cpu usage? It could be a regular program.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

10 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Reinstalling windows will eradicate any virus on the drive because it will format he drive wiping any data on it, if you still have the virus after that then you have a bigger issue.

EDIT: what program does it show using all of the cpu usage? It could be a regular program.

At first, It shows a backup software (which i had downloaded intentionally). Terminate that and the load shifts to AMD applications.(Because i have a 280x) I also cannot uninstall them (the AMD applications) either. I am hit by this virus all the time.

But now i wonder, WHAT IF THE INSTALLING MEDIA ITSELF HAS A VIRUS?

I use USB MEDIA to install windows

Go to Malwarebytes site and download MBAR (anti root kit). Also run all of the tests in safe mode with networking.

Have you used anything elder besides MBAM?

5 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Go to Malwarebytes site and download MBAR (anti root kit). Also run all of the tests in safe mode with networking.

Have you used anything elder besides MBAM?

just used mbar. Bam! It fixed my PC!

Aaaaaaannnnnnd It's back

Disable system restore, wipe all restore points and try it again as it might be hiding in system restore and restoring itself if it is removed.

If that doesn't work and you've already tried with a new installation on a new USB drive, then nuke the drive with DBAN (I'm not sure but it might fully wipe the MBR) and try again and if that doesn't work then the hard drive might have to be scrapped (with a sledgehammer) and replaced, but even then it could be hidden on the BIOS which would most likely require a new motherboard.

What was the name of the "program" or the "task" as listed in the task manager? What Operating system are you using and what version?

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

If you want to get rid of an embedded "virus" then you can always run a debug script on the drive and the run boot &nuke.... in that order

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

6 hours ago, zanthros said:

If you want to get rid of an embedded "virus" then you can always run a debug script on the drive and the run boot &nuke.... in that order

2 hours ago, paos said:

it could POSSIBLY be a a bios virus. https://www.techwalla.com/articles/removing-bios-virus

6 hours ago, zanthros said:

What was the name of the "program" or the "task" as listed in the task manager? What Operating system are you using and what version?

7 hours ago, demonix00 said:

Disable system restore, wipe all restore points and try it again as it might be hiding in system restore and restoring itself if it is removed.

If that doesn't work and you've already tried with a new installation on a new USB drive, then nuke the drive with DBAN (I'm not sure but it might fully wipe the MBR) and try again and if that doesn't work then the hard drive might have to be scrapped (with a sledgehammer) and replaced, but even then it could be hidden on the BIOS which would most likely require a new motherboard.

This virus causes my CPU to reach 100 Celsius!

And it infects any program! any program that i installed intentionally and i am on win7 64bit

13 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

This virus causes my CPU to reach 100 Celsius!

And it infects any program! any program that i installed intentionally and i am on win7 64bit

Looks like you have more than a virus issue. You also have a poor cooling problem as well. It would probably be best to fix that first so your CPU doesn't sustain any damage. Reapply thermal paste properly, make sure there's no dust, sufficient case cooling, etc. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to get the virus? Something of this extent doesn't generally come from FB browsing or clicking "sponsored" adds.

Remove all drives except the main HDD. Boot into safe mode as kind run  MBAR and MBAM. Also, on a clean PC, download your latest BIOS and attempt to flash your BIOS. That should clear anything in there. If you can get you BIOS clean and your HDD clean, it'll be easier to fix the rest.

Delete your restore points. I would remove the idea of a Last Known Good.

I would also download SpyBot Search and Destroy to install and run in SAFE MODE. If it's infecting all programs, don't install antivirus unless you're in safe mode. I would also so make sure you disconnect from the Internet  and your network. If you have a worm, it'll get the rest of your devices. Change the Admin account info on your router. Update router firmware.

And last resort, take it to Geek Squad. They can scan Admin ND remove viruses without the OS being bootes. I'm not too sure how to do that without their software. Any ideas from anyone else?

17 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to get the virus? Something of this extent doesn't generally come from FB browsing or clicking "sponsored" adds.

Remove all drives except the main HDD. Boot into safe mode as kind run  MBAR and MBAM. Also, on a clean PC, download your latest BIOS and attempt to flash your BIOS. That should clear anything in there. If you can get you BIOS clean and your HDD clean, it'll be easier to fix the rest.

Delete your restore points. I would remove the idea of a Last Known Good.

I would also download SpyBot Search and Destroy to install and run in SAFE MODE. If it's infecting all programs, don't install antivirus unless you're in safe mode. I would also so make sure you disconnect from the Internet  and your network. If you have a worm, it'll get the rest of your devices. Change the Admin account info on your router. Update router firmware.

And last resort, take it to Geek Squad. They can scan Admin ND remove viruses without the OS being bootes. I'm not too sure how to do that without their software. Any ideas from anyone else?

1. This is India, we don't have geek squad here.

2. If I have to flash bios, I'll just ask a technician to do that.

3 I did think that there was a dust issue, so I cleaned my pc in June or so. Had this issue back then as well, but it made a difference of just 1°c.

4 I'll have to leave this to a technician, is there anything else I need to know in regards to internet?

5 also going to update to win10, any known issues with win10?

Have you tried to isolate the problem? By using the term "isolate the problem" I mean have you tried to determine if the problem is one being caused by a hardware issue or one that is caused by a software problem? The problems that you are reporting can be caused by either. If you unplug your hard drives and boot to a live CD (like HIRENS boot cd) you can determine if the issue is one of hardware or software. If, when you boot into a live CD and the problem is not present then the "problems" that you have can be determined to be one of software in nature. Figuring out the nature of the problem is called diagnostics.If you do not perform diagnostics you are limited to guessing. There are countless guesses in the resolve of the problems that you are stating that you are experiencing. You might want to start performing diagnostics.... or just keep guessing to resolve your issues.

5 hours ago, zanthros said:

Have you tried to isolate the problem? By using the term "isolate the problem" I mean have you tried to determine if the problem is one being caused by a hardware issue or one that is caused by a software problem? The problems that you are reporting can be caused by either. If you unplug your hard drives and boot to a live CD (like HIRENS boot cd) you can determine if the issue is one of hardware or software. If, when you boot into a live CD and the problem is not present then the "problems" that you have can be determined to be one of software in nature. Figuring out the nature of the problem is called diagnostics.If you do not perform diagnostics you are limited to guessing. There are countless guesses in the resolve of the problems that you are stating that you are experiencing. You might want to start performing diagnostics.... or just keep guessing to resolve your issues.

Actually, there is a trojan malpack in my system and in a pendrive. No matter how may times you try, it just refuses to go away. Also, the over heating does not occur in safe mode

On 10/5/2016 at 9:00 PM, AmbarChakrabarti said:

This virus uses 25% of my CPU (acc to MSI Afterburner) When i look in the task manager, i end up killing the task which uses 25% of my CPU,and the load shifts to some other application. This happens all the time... What can i do now?

PS: Malwarebytes is ineffective

Antivirus is ineffective

Show a pic of the virus in task manager? Just curious?

- Right-click Open file location?

Search that filename in regedit and nuke all associated with it. xD

P.S. make sure it's disabled in "startup"

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Show a pic of the virus in task manager? Just curious?

- Right-click Open file location?

Search that filename in regedit and nuke all associated with it. xD

P.S. make sure it's disabled in "startup"

it DOES NOT appear in task manager

there is a trojan malpack in my system and in a pendrive. No matter how may times you try, it just refuses to go away. Also, the over heating does not occur in safe mode. The virus cannot be killed off in task manager.AND MBAM DOES NOT WORK

EDIT: This virus was in the boot media as well, which i used to install windows. What do i do now?