ADs: can you please review the produtcs you suggest for us viewers?

Hi all, I'm Al from Italy. 

I watch the youtube channel frequently as I consider myself well interested in tech.

I like that the advertising that you guys make on the channel help you financially, but I would point out that some reviews about the products you advertise would be heavily needed.

My example is TunnelBear.

I travel a lot and I use it for connecting back to Italy form whichever country I'm in, I even subscribed to it with your links, but it has so many flaws that you could have easily spotted out and help me made a better investment.

For reference, on windows, it keeps screwing with the firewall setup.

What you guys think about advertising products you actually suggest?

PS: If you actually think Tunnelbear is a great product, how do you solve the firewall issue?

Would be cool, especially with hardware, but software can be a bit hard to review because that depends on a lot of things (for example with Tunnelbear it depends on the country you live in, intended use, etc.) and it may be a lot harder to test.

Anyways, this community also has a lot of member reviews (or at least impressions and opinions) which you can also look at to get a grasp of the quality of the product/service.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks @Minibois for your reply, but I believe a big percentage of the viewer do not want to go further than the youtube video, plus as a reviewing channel, I cannot find a good reason to now promote stuff they actually enjoy. 

Is a bit like reviewing good products, but then recommending other just because they pay the advertising, this is not a nice practice. Advertising is a very nice tool, but I would like to see it more for the user then for the revenues.

3 hours ago, Al from italy said:

Thanks @Minibois for your reply, but I believe a big percentage of the viewer do not want to go further than the youtube video, plus as a reviewing channel, I cannot find a good reason to now promote stuff they actually enjoy. 

Is a bit like reviewing good products, but then recommending other just because they pay the advertising, this is not a nice practice. Advertising is a very nice tool, but I would like to see it more for the user then for the revenues.

Hi @Al from italy! Welcome to the forums!

The biggest issue with reviewing a sponsors product, is well... ethics.

How can I trust a review of Tunnelbear from LTT if they are a major sponsor of the channel?

It's one thing if they review a product first, AND THEN they later become sponsored by said product, but if they sponsor something first... well... there's an ethical boundary there that just shouldn't be crossed.

Also as @Minibois pointed out, Software reviews are incredibly tricky. Each installation of Windows is different. They might not even encounter the "firewall" issues you talked about.

I would suggest contacting Tunnelbear customer support about the firewall issues you're having. Or head on over to the "Troubleshooting" subforum, and make a post, including a full, detailed description of all issues, and a complete list of system specs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)