Project Murder

This build will be my first custom loop if all goes well I might put a custom loop in my htpc. 

Name:

So when choosing the name for my PC (All nice computers need a name ;) ) I couldn't decide on a name and when I was watching Street Outlaws on TV (Kinda a car guy) I was thinking that I'm kinda going for an all black build and the Murder Nova is all black, so that is how I came up with my name :) .

Parts: 

CPU (i7 6800k) - Have

GPU (2x GTX 1080) - Have

Motherboard (MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon) - Have

HDD and SSD (1TB WD Black and 500gb Samsung EVO) - Have

Case (CaseLabs Merlin SM8) - Have

Watercooling Parts (EK Blocks and Rads, Corsair Fans) - Have

RAM (32gb HyperX Fury) - Have

PSU (Corsair RM1000X, and BitFenix Custom Cables) - Have

Build: 

As of right now I'm just waiting on the case, I initially purchased the case back in July with a 8-9 week processing but a week ago I got an email saying it would be 1-2 more weeks :( . 

I will update with more info and pictures :)

Edit: Added photo of parts B|

IMG_0393.JPG

S y s t e m  S p e c s

CPU: i7 6800k @ 4.4Ghz | MoBo: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 64gb G.Skill Neo RGB 3600 | 

GPU:  2x GTX 1080  | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500gb + WD Black 1TB |

PSU: Corsair RM1000x | Cooling: Custom Loop | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q + BenQ RL2455HM  | 

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow ChromMouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite

Case: CaseLabs Merlin SM8 | Extra: NZXT Hu+Logitech G27, HyperX Cloud II |

| Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/671484-project-murder |

This is tingling my spots!!! Will follow and please quote me when you get the case and start the build!

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

6 minutes ago, F Bomb29 said:

Sounds good. Which GTX 1080s are you using? And what were your thoughts in terms of coolant/tubing colour? Clear?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

9 minutes ago, slanensis said:

This is tingling my spots!!! Will follow and please quote me when you get the case and start the build!

Okay man I'll make sure to do that :) 

S y s t e m  S p e c s

CPU: i7 6800k @ 4.4Ghz | MoBo: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 64gb G.Skill Neo RGB 3600 | 

PSU: Corsair RM1000x | Cooling: Custom Loop | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q + BenQ RL2455HM  | 

7 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Sounds good. Which GTX 1080s are you using? And what were your thoughts in terms of coolant/tubing colour? Clear?

Due to me being inpatient I'm using an EVGA ACX 3.0 card and a Zotac Founders 1080. The Zotac was available when I had money to buy one and I got the EVGA one through the step up program. For tubing I'm using clear PETG, and for coolant I got Meyhems Black Pastel, but it looks like a dark gray :/ so I'm gonna get some Primochill black base and black intensifier and then compare the two to see which one is darker. Then I'll use the one that is darker. 

S y s t e m  S p e c s

4 hours ago, F Bomb29 said:

Due to me being inpatient I'm using an EVGA ACX 3.0 card and a Zotac Founders 1080. The Zotac was available when I had money to buy one and I got the EVGA one through the step up program. For tubing I'm using clear PETG, and for coolant I got Meyhems Black Pastel, but it looks like a dark gray :/ so I'm gonna get some Primochill black base and black intensifier and then compare the two to see which one is darker. Then I'll use the one that is darker. 

Here is the color of the Mayhems Pastel.

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

S y s t e m  S p e c s

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: I just emailed Caselabs asking how much longer for my case. They said 1-2 more weeks but it’s been three weeks, so hopefully they respond saying it’s going to ship soon. Also with the Primochill Base and intensifier, the base was more of a purple than a black, so I put a little bit of the base and the whole bottle of intensifier into the Mayhems Pastel and that made it pretty black so I’ll just use that.

S y s t e m  S p e c s

• 3 weeks later...

Big Update: My Case will be here tomorrow!!! :):):). I'll have to assemble it, I'll try to take some pictures for you. I got the Pump/Res mounted on a piece of black acrylic to mount it to the case with some LEDs behind it. The picture at the bottom is what it looks like. I also purchased an EVGA HB SLI bridge for the 2 1080s. Unfortunately the build wont start till Sunday Night or Monday due to work, but the build will be starting soon. :)

IMG_0410.JPG

S y s t e m  S p e c s

I got the case together and holy cow this case is HUGE. Even with this case being this big I'm going to be using every inch that I can use. Push/Pull on both rads, and that Pump/Res mount that I made, it gonna be a tight fit. At the bottom is the case after it is all put together with the front rad in. With that said, even with all the planning that went into this build, I didn't buy enough screws to do Push/Pull. B| But I already have some more on the way,and as a temporary fix to that I'll pick up some screws at Home Depot just to get push pull working.

IMG_0414.JPG

S y s t e m  S p e c s

Got pretty much everything in besides the tubing, I'll save that for tomorrow lol :P

JhPCU36 - Imgur.jpg

S y s t e m  S p e c s

Amazing. I had this rig setup in mind for long time. Great build! 
So this case:  CaseLabs Merlin SM8. It could fit 2x360 rad in front and top isnt it?

10 hours ago, Yahtadi said:

So this case:  CaseLabs Merlin SM8. It could fit 2x360 rad in front and top isnt it?

I know for sure that it can fit 1 360 rad in the front i'm not sure about 2 of them. I have a 360 in the front and a 420 on the top. If you decide to get this case I would advise to get a drop in top rad mount because it is a struggle to get the top rad in if you don't have any help.

S y s t e m  S p e c s

I got the tubing in, due to this being my first watercooled computer I bought 8 36 in. tubes and I used ALL of it. I had to do the tube that goes from the front rad to the in port on the pump like 8 times. It was a mess lol. Anyways I got all the tubes done and now I'm leak testing. I'll let it test overnight and we will see how much fluid it lost overnight. 

image.jpeg

S y s t e m  S p e c s

On 11/7/2016 at 4:38 PM, Yahtadi said:

13 hours ago, F Bomb29 said:

I know for sure that it can fit 1 360 rad in the front i'm not sure about 2 of them. I have a 360 in the front and a 420 on the top. If you decide to get this case I would advise to get a drop in top rad mount because it is a struggle to get the top rad in if you don't have any help.

Oh sorry2. I read it now and i see it what you could've seen it
"CaseLabs Merlin SM8. It could fit 2x360 rad in front and top isnt it?" I mean, this case could fit 1x 360 rad in front and 1x 360 rad on top. Right? xD

7 hours ago, Yahtadi said:

Oh sorry2. I read it now and i see it what you could've seen it
"CaseLabs Merlin SM8. It could fit 2x360 rad in front and top isnt it?" I mean, this case could fit 1x 360 rad in front and 1x 360 rad on top. Right? xD

Well I just looked at Caselabs site and it actually doesn't support a 360 on the top. It supports 140x3(420) or 120x4(480).  My bad lol

S y s t e m  S p e c s

Well it successfully passed the leak test :). I also got all the LEDs ran and got it powered on and it looks pretty good IMO. I'll add more photos when I get home from school.

wBcJXN5 - Imgur.jpg

S y s t e m  S p e c s

Alright guys here are some more beauty shots haha :P 

rXsNUks - Imgur.jpg

RLicqeR - Imgur.jpg

9qo2mJr - Imgur.jpg

pg352Kq - Imgur.jpg

fsyrsHG - Imgur.jpg

y01lP3N - Imgur.jpg

S y s t e m  S p e c s

3 hours ago, Nastier said:

This looks amazing dude !

Thanks man :) 

S y s t e m  S p e c s