IT Quiz

MeowPappa

I am going to a IT quiz. Can you guys tell me some important things.

What will the subject(s) be? Programming (languages)? Networking? Terms? Consumer electronics?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, MeowPappa said:

never cross the streams

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Minibois said:

What will the subject(s) be? Programming (languages)? Networking? Terms? Consumer electronics?

Everything related to technology  

3 minutes ago, MeowPappa said:

thats a broad blanket statement, just study a bit of everything and hope for the best 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, MeowPappa said:

Everything? That's way too broad to give helpful tips :P

Best quick tips I can give is gigabit is not the same as gigabytes and you could also look up stuff on gibibyte and stuff.

Other than that, maybe some stuff on frequencies and their meanings.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Here is some advice, look at your notes (which you probably did not take), Go to your TA (whom will tell you I cannot teach you everything you learned for your mid-term) and lastly go to class.

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Everything? That's way too broad to give helpful tips :P

Best quick tips I can give is gigabit is not the same as gigabytes and you could also look up stuff on gibibyte and stuff.

Other than that, maybe some stuff on frequencies and their meanings.

Thats a good one 

14 minutes ago, MeowPappa said:

"did you try turning it OFF and then ON" 

100%

Photography / Finance / Gaming

13 minutes ago, MeowPappa said:

Just saying "IT quiz" doesn't help us in any way.  You would have to be more specific.  Are you referring to something for a certification like A+ or Network+?  Is this for school, and if so what class?  There are many different tests which all focus on different parts.  

On 10/4/2016 at 4:03 PM, revl8er said:

Just saying "IT quiz" doesn't help us in any way.  You would have to be more specific.  Are you referring to something for a certification like A+ or Network+?  Is this for school, and if so what class?  There are many different tests which all focus on different parts.  

Its TCS It Wiz. Its the biggest It quiz ever.

they ask about companies, founders, inventors etc

5 hours ago, MeowPappa said:

Everything?  New car tire technology?  Door knob technology?  What about food science?  

wtf do you mean "IT Quiz"?

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

wtf do you mean "IT Quiz"?

A quiz about IT

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

A quiz about IT

That is extremely vague, which was my point in asking my facetious question.

Was trying to search IT on google and give a wikipedia of explanation what IT is 

Image result

Rather than asking the LTT forums you should have gone to class, taken notes, and maybe read your textbook at least a little bit.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

8 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Bill Gates and Paul Allen = Microsoft

Steve Jobs (design), Steve Wozniak (code+hardware) and Ronald Wayne (industry insight) = Apple

Nikola Tesla = everything, but no one cares

fix'd it for you

One of the easiest ways to print something to the web page in JavaScript is to use document.write('The thing you want to display')

Modern impact drivers have fully computer controlled triggers, while you may think a mechanical switch would be more desirable, the addition of a brushless motor over a standard brushed motor generally requires a programmed response to trigger inputs.

The average cost of a 120mm case fan in Australia is $16.3

The first computer with a mouse driven GUI was the Xerox Alto, the reason Xerox is a leader like Microsoft and Apple however is due entirely to executives at Xerox being fucking dumbasses

AMD's "8 core" CPU's, such as what is found in the FX 8350 do indeed have 8 cores, but things like the processors L2 and to a greater extent L3 cache are shared between two cores. This means that if 2 cores that share the same cache need that full access to the cache, you experience some performance loss as tasks get put into a queue

Asking broad and general questions on an online forum when you have to have at least a little bit of helpful information to add generally yields incredibly unhelpful responses 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

11 hours ago, MeowPappa said:

Transistors allowed modern computing.
Ada Lovelace is the mother of computing.
Alan Turing is the father of computing.
Sir Tim Berners-Lee (mostly) invented the internet whilst at CERN.
Bush did 9/11.

Just make sure you write all of that down in your exam. You'll definitely come top of your class.

Either this is a troll, or you genuinely want to just know "everything in IT" but either way, this thread is clearly not helping, and no 1 thread ever could.  If you really want to know more about a specific thing, please make a new one with the specifics described, and I'm sure you'll get less nonsense and more help in the answers.

-locked-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.