Beginner Camera

teddy710

My girlfriend and her family have gotten me hooked on photography and I want to get a good quality camera for landscape and nature pictures for under $650. Her and her dad are really into photography and I'm aware I can ask them about this but any helpful advice is.... helpful!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

honestly any DSLR that fits in your $650 budget from Canon or Nikon is perfectly suited for beginners

i started with a T2i 6 years ago for $900 and its held up quite well
hell, my moto x play is even killing it lately

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Also when you get the chance, pick up a nifty 50 asap! 
the 50mm single-highhandedly taught me everything about aperture, shutter speeds, composition etc. 
depending on the brand theyre usually around $100

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 hour ago, teddy710 said:

My girlfriend and her family have gotten me hooked on photography and I want to get a good quality camera for landscape and nature pictures for under $650. Her and her dad are really into photography and I'm aware I can ask them about this but any helpful advice is.... helpful!

Instead of buying a completely random brand, why not buy one that is compatible with the gear your girlfriend and her dad owns?  This way you can use what she has.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

4 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Instead of buying a completely random brand, why not buy one that is compatible with the gear your girlfriend and her dad owns?  This way you can use what she has.

Good idea actually never thought about that 

• 2 weeks later...

As @AkiraDaarkst said it can be smart to get the same system to be able to use thier lenses. Otherwise a A6000 would fit quite nicly in that range. Or a D3300, pretty much any beginner camera 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"