My first compact pc (and pc in general)

Crypt1c

So I have decided to build my first PC and I want it to be small because I travel between my dorm and home a lot. I have decided for my case to be the node 202 from Fractal Design. My budget right now is around 1300 usd, but I don't mind spending more. So here's a couple of questions:

1. Will it be too hot to overclock in such a small case?
  2. Should I go for a blower style or open-aired cooler on my graphics card
  3. Do I need any additional fans?

Recommendations are welcomed as well, thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Crypt1c said:

So I have decided to build my first PC and I want it to be small because I travel between my dorm and home a lot. I have decided for my case to be the node 202 from Fractal Design. My budget right now is around 1300 usd, but I don't mind spending more. So here's a couple of questions:

1. Will it be too hot to overclock in such a small case?
  2. Should I go for a blower style or open-aired cooler on my graphics card
  3. Do I need any additional fans?

Recommendations are welcomed as well, thanks in advance.

if you want a compact pc I sugest watching this video and changing their build to your liking and budget  

Overclocking is possible in such a case but the maximum amount will likely be limited compared to that of a larger case.

In that particular case, a blower style would be best as it will vent the hot air generated by the GPU out of the case instead of inside.

In that case you don't really have room for any extra fans without extra modding. You should be okay however as long as you stick to a blower style cooler.

What type of hardware are you thinking of putting in this case? that will really determine the amount of heat produced and the amount of overclocking possible.

rmurad38

i7 6700k | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming | Zotac GTX1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256MB M.2 SSD | SanDisk X400 1TB SSD | Noctua NH-U9S Cooler | EVGA Hadron Air

3 minutes ago, rmurad38 said:

What type of hardware are you thinking of putting in this case

Right now I'm thinking about a 1060 6GB or 1070 8GB, I'm still deciding on the cpu and power supply.