Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mohenjo

opinions on marijuana for recreational use?

Recommended Posts

I personally do not smoke weed at all. I have in the past but never got into it. 

 

On the economics side I actually think it is a very good idea to legalize for anyone 21 and over for recreational use. The state of Colorado has created more jobs than any other state because of its legalization. In my home state of Michigan marijuana is only legal for medical use. However I have seen first hand the opportunity it has created in the job market. I know a guy who sold mortgages and when everything went to hell with our economy he couldn't find a job. He got his license to grow medical and it has provided for his wife and kids. It was a huge risk with a good reward, you just have to get the science of growing down.  I am a Libertarian, which means I lean more toward the conservative end of the political spectrum. However, my extreme conservative counter parts in the Republican party are basically anti-job creation with not supporting a new industry such as this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pyrojoe34 said:

Ingesting mercury is always a bad idea... unless you want psychosis.

Which is unfortuantly what happens to some people that take MDMA and/or Ecstasy. 

While it's not common, there are people that suffere brain damage after taking drugs of this kind. Some of it easily attributable to Mercury poisoning. 

 

These kind of leftover products are actually a real danger in most street drugs. 

It's also not uncommon for Cocain and Heroin to contain traces of bleach. 

And that's not even getting into the shit the dealers will cut it with. 


Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fine for teenagers and college kids. Most people that aren't complete burnouts usually stop when they grow out of that phase. My 2c. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate when people smoke anything and it blows my way. Had some punks do it the other day. I never asked for it.

Even the vapes, you got no idea what they are smoking, could be heroin. Weed oil you can not smell it.

 

 

 

Weed is a gateway drug, its as simple as that. Recreational use is a joke man. I see benefits for medicinal.

I dont believe people should be put in jail for smoking it or having it. Just fine them, and have it scaled. First offense $100, 2nd $200, 3rd $500 4th $1500. Booze you can not drink in public but booze is legal, hence dont smoke weed in public.

 

Innocent people never asked to inhale that shit!!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care about weed myself, never tried and not intending on trying it ever (it's legal where I live). Having it legal and controlled by the government is probably a good thing, because people will try to get their hands on it one way or another. Having a 'safe' system (basically not those shady dealers) would be better.

 

Schools shouldn't avoid the subject either, because you get taught about alcohol and tobacco, but not weed.  As with anything, it's important to tell people about the dangers of substances (dangers like being high and driving is not a good thing).


I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Minibois said:

I don't care about weed myself, never tried and not intending on trying it ever (it's legal where I live). Having it legal and controlled by the government is probably a good thing, because people will try to get their hands on it one way or another. Having a 'safe' system (basically not those shady dealers) would be better.

 

Schools shouldn't avoid the subject either, because you get taught about alcohol and tobacco, but not weed.  As with anything, it's important to tell people about the dangers of substances (dangers like being high and driving is not a good thing).

ill be honest, though legalaziation in washington did help people buying off the street, it really didnt make a dent. The reason is because dispesaries cannot keep up with street priceses. You can buy a gram of bud from a friend for 7 bucks vs it being 14 without taxses at a diespensary. Plus (as with alchol) a lot of teens do it and dispensaries are 21+. Though it killed almost all gangs and street weed is no longer laced. 


Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

ill be honest, though legalaziation in washington did help people buying off the street, it really didnt make a dent. The reason is because dispesaries cannot keep up with street priceses. You can buy a gram of bud from a friend for 7 bucks vs it being 14 without taxses at a diespensary. Plus (as with alchol) a lot of teens do it and dispensaries are 21+. Though it killed almost all gangs and street weed is no longer laced. 

Well yeah the illegal trade in the herb is down for that reason, but also there is no money in it. Maybe the consquences are lighter, but the states is a different game man. There was a Canadian teen in Vernon BC with a helicopter license transporting tons, he got pinched in Spokane, he hung himself in county. I never understood the classes of charges down there. But its definately a different game down there. I'd say a great majority of deaths in Canada, are due to drugs. Recently a CFL player got killed at a night club, was like 2am. Either women/sex or drugs (buying/selling/slinging). Young guy too. Of course the parents always say "Oh he was a good boy".

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Well yeah the illegal trade in the herb is down for that reason, but also there is no money in it. Maybe the consquences are lighter, but the states is a different game man. There was a Canadian teen in Vernon BC with a helicopter license transporting tons, he got pinched in Spokane, he hung himself in county. I never understood the classes of charges down there. But its definately a different game down there. I'd say a great majority of deaths in Canada, are due to drugs. Recently a CFL player got killed at a night club, was like 2am. Either women/sex or drugs (buying/selling/slinging). Young guy too. Of course the parents always say "Oh he was a good boy".

true, but here weed is so desensentised. a guy in my school got caught selling ouncses of bud IN SCHOOL and all he got was a warning, a 500 dollar fine, and suspension for the rest of the year (1 month). so its kind of a low risk high reward. My friend says he usually buys for 4 dollars a gram and sells for 8 to 10. He makes a ton of cash off of it. (there the only two guys who sell at ou school, dont want you thinking my school is a drug ring lmao)


Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recreational marijuana use is like everything - fine in limits. It's been proven in multiple studies that one bottle of beer (average lager/ale with average calories) is physically better on the body than one gram of marijuana. 

 

I've personally never tried it, as I live in California and I'd get fired immediately if my employer found out, but as long as it's used in MODERATION and by the appropriate age group, it's fine. 

 

For the record, I grew up in New Jersey, where there's tons of parties and high school klunkheads everywhere who just polluted their brain cells going over and over with hits of weed. Don't abuse it, and you should be fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack McCall said:

Recreational marijuana use is like everything - fine in limits. It's been proven in multiple studies that one bottle of beer (average lager/ale with average calories) is physically better on the body than one gram of marijuana

 

I've personally never tried it, as I live in California and I'd get fired immediately if my employer found out, but as long as it's used in MODERATION and by the appropriate age group, it's fine. 

 

For the record, I grew up in New Jersey, where there's tons of parties and high school klunkheads everywhere who just polluted their brain cells going over and over with hits of weed. Don't abuse it, and you should be fine. 

To be fair, one gram of Marijuana is not equivalent of one beer. A gram of weed is basically a pretty big joint. That's enough to get one person really stoned, or several people well buzzed.

 

A gram of Marijuana is equivalent to like, a 6-pack of beer (Or even a 12-pack). Enough to get one person pretty drunk (Depends on your tolerance levels of course), or several people buzzed.

 

One beer would be more equivalent of one or two "hits" (or puffs/inhalations) of weed, which would be maybe 100-250mg of weed.


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

195f94109df21fc980a363ea183fe4df.jpg


AMD Ryzen 7 3.8ghz at 1.3V Corsair vengeance LPX 8GB 2800mhz @ 3200mhz CAS 16 + 2*4GB micron ballistics @ 3200mhz cas 16 ;Gigabyte ga-ab350-Gaming 3; cooler master nepton 240M ; CF r9 290x tri x + r9 290 tri x ; CX750M PSU ; SPEC 03 case with 9 120mm fans ; windows 10 64 bit 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

195f94109df21fc980a363ea183fe4df.jpg

plz no. i am innocent. you cant prove it. ahhahahahahaahhhhhh


Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

To be fair, one gram of Marijuana is not equivalent of one beer. A gram of weed is basically a pretty big joint. That's enough to get one person really stoned, or several people well buzzed.

 

A gram of Marijuana is equivalent to like, a 6-pack of beer (Or even a 12-pack). Enough to get one person pretty drunk (Depends on your tolerance levels of course), or several people buzzed.

 

One beer would be more equivalent of one or two "hits" (or puffs/inhalations) of weed, which would be maybe 100-250mg of weed.

thats  like comparing the negatives of drinking one cup of soda vs a 2 liter bottle. If you drink one beer that beer is not gonna get you drunk. you need to drink a lot of beer to get drunk lol. with weed you can be done after one bowl (like .25 grams) depending on tolerance. 


Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

They cant prove you are high on weed, thats why the confusion.

Draw blood sure, more serious accidents.

There are quite a few new testing tools in the works, some of which are being evaluated by the Federal Government, as we speak.

 

One of them is a self contained unit where you swab the inside of the mouth, and it will instantly analyze the saliva and give you a (they claim) accurate reading on marijuana content

 

However, the issue of telling how long ago they smoked, and whether they are still intoxicated, is still being refined. So progress is being made.


For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good opportunity for business, and if governments decide to tax it, a great way for the governments to make money. Marijuana should be legal, but potentially deadly hard drugs are another story.

 

There's really no harm in legalizing marijuana, in fact it's much safer than alcohol. With alcohol, it's pretty easy to poison yourself just by being stupid and drinking too much.

 

That being said I don't mind myself a drink every once and awhile, not a big fan of getting wasted though. But at the same time, something like marijuana shouldn't be illegal when alcohol is perfectly legal.

 

As for other stuff, hard drugs should remain illegal, which is stuff like heroin, cocaine, meth for example. That stuff is deadly and completely ruins lives. And as much as psychedelics can be fun and all, I wouldn't advise legalizing them because there would be a lot of hospital visits, and a lot of people having bad trips and going insane. There's no knowing how you'll react to that shit, some people freak right the fuck out or go insane. Some people spill all of their emotional problems, some people see god and come out a changed person, and then some people have "average" trips or some people have scary trips. I've never done that stuff myself, but I've had friends brave enough to try it, fortunately from what they tell me, nothing super insane happened to them during their trips.

 

As for "but how do we tell if people are high while driving"

 

Here's the problem. Sure they have methods of reading THC, but if you've ever smoked or known full blown stoners, it takes them a lot more to get high than someone who's doing it their first or second time. So sure, a kid who did it for the first time could be reading far less than some guy who was a full blown stoner, but in this case, the stoner could be barely high or not high at all, while the kid could be baked as shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×