opinions on marijuana for recreational use?

Mohenjo

Now that weed is become more and more legal around the world. What is your opinion on non medical uses of it? (sorry for the cringe question just bored and curious) have you yourself ever used? I think honestly its ok once in a while but its sems kinda deadly for youth because say what you want i think it leads to worse things. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Have never used and will never use.

My opinion: If it's done in the privacy of one's own home and they're not harming anyone by doing so, no problem.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Well, I support the legalization of all drugs, so that would include marijuana. 

I really couldn't care less what people put into their own body.

I have tried cannabis in a varity of forms in the past and it isn't really a for me.

THC just makes me really sick. It doesn't have any pleasent effect on me. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Well, I support the legalization of all drugs, so that would include marijuana. 

I really couldn't care less what people put into their own body.

I have tried cannabis in a varity of forms in the past and it isn't really a for me.

THC just makes me really sick. It doesn't have any pleasent effect on me. 

I mean, i have used cannabis before and it gave me the opposite. I quite enjoy it but i limit myself to twice a month. But i go some months without doing it at all lol. I dont know its just a change of pace for me.  

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I dont mind that people use it recreational(used it myself a few times) at their own/friends homes and not bother/harm/force anyone that doesn't want to use it, honestly i would not mind it that it would be legal im more countries under certain conditions, just like alcohol and tobacco is legal (in most countries)but only allowed under cetrain conditions,18+ and not allowed to use wile driving or in public spaces and only allowed to be smoked for example. Also ot is near impossible to overdose on weed when smoked(eating it is a whole other story)where alcohol is realy easy to "overdose" on if drank enough

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

not my thing, but aslong the idiotic 420 culture doesnt go all screamy and attention whoring I'm fine with it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

1 minute ago, Bsmith said:

not my thing, but aslong the idiotic 420 culture doesnt go all screamy and attention whoring I'm fine with it.

Right? i think that if you smoke thats fine but dont make that your defining trait ya know. Dont start a conversation with "yea i smoke weed XDXDXD420"

Lets be real... its not for everyone... but drink isn't either.

The fact that this is even a debate is asinine.

I am not going to throw out all of the cliche facts or opinions supporting it, but lets just say its a hell of a lot less harmful than drinking.

2 minutes ago, RooR said:

Lets be real... its not for everyone... but drink isn't either.

The fact that this is even a debate is asinine.

I am not going to throw out all of the cliche facts or opinions supporting it, but lets just say its a hell of a lot less harmful than drinking.

true that my dude.

Though i will say i cannot function very well or at all even. 

6 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

Right? i think that if you smoke thats fine but dont make that your cefining trait ya know. Dont start a conversation with "yea i smoke weed XDXDXD420"

with weed being (widely) illegal it already exists alot, it's acually crazy how "hooked" some people get by the fact they do something that is either illegal or border line legal.

Because that type of people I'm against recreational usage, but I also know people that smoke it and don't make a big deal about it and just function normally, where the 420 stoners go like "woah this high is so amazing, you should reaalllyy try it you know, it's freeing me from my..."
One of the people that I know and does it fro recreational usage does it on a daily basis(addiction, he admits) but still tries not to inconvenience anyone, unlike some of the others that I know.
So I am actually pretty parted by it.

1 minute ago, Bsmith said:

with weed being (widely) illegal it already starts alot, it's acually crazy how "hooked" some people get by the fact they do something that is either illegal or border line legal.

Because that type of people I'm against recreational usage, but I also know people that smoke it and don't make a big deal about it and just function normally, where the 420 stoners go like "woah this high is so amazing, you should reaalllyy try it you know, it's freeing me from my..."
One of the people that I know and does it fro recreational usage does it on a daily basis(addiction, he admits) but still tries not to inconvenience anyone, unlike some of the others that I know.
So I am actually pretty parted by it.

im actually pretty partied by it (hahahahahahah) 

Jokes aside ive never done it on my own. Ive dont it with friends only. Its avery social thing, and if you do it alone a lot i think its the same level as alcholism. At some point you need it to function properly and thats just sad. If you need a drug to get you through the day (same with cigarettes and alc) then you need help. 

I enjoy weed

I hate people who "love weed"

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

1 minute ago, Mohenjo said:

im actually pretty partied by it (hahahahahahah) 

Jokes aside ive never done it on my own. Ive dont it with friends only. Its avery social thing, and if you do it alone a lot i think its the same level as alcholism. At some point you need it to function properly and thats just sad. If you need a drug to get you through the day (same with cigarettes and alc) then you need help. 

Well, the point is, he does it daily and out of habbit, but you can easily spend a whole day with him where he doesnt smoke a joint or cig at all, without it effecting him at all, sometimes he skips a whole week because he doesnt feel like it, but goes back again to fill the time and not fall into a depression.

23 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

I mean, i have used cannabis before and it gave me the opposite. I quite enjoy it but i limit myself to twice a month. But i go some months without doing it at all lol. I dont know its just a change of pace for me.  

Well, everyone reacts to drugs in different ways.

For example, if someone with ADHD takes amphetamines it'll have the exact opposite effect as on a person that doesn't have ADHD.

I have also meet people that are immune to the effect of opiates  and I've meet people that will be drowsy for days after taking an opiate. 

And THC just so happens to make me incredibly sick. 

4 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

Well, the point is, he does it daily and out of habbit, but you can easily spend a whole day with him where he doesnt smoke a joint or cig at all, without it effecting him at all, sometimes he skips a whole week because he doesnt feel like it, but goes back again to fill the time and not fall into a depression.

Thats just too much money lmao. i spend maybe 10 bucks a month on it (split it with friends) 

5 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Well, everyone reacts to drugs in different ways.

For example, if someone with ADHD takes amphetamines it'll have the exact opposite effect as on a person that doesn't have ADHD.

I have also meet people that are immune to the effect of opiates  and I've meet people that will be drowsy for days after taking an opiate. 

And THC just so happens to make me incredibly sick. 

Yup, Took molly once ( i was an idiot gulliable freshman 3 years ago) and it made me feel like a fucking meth addict. Regret it ever since and it pretty much scared me out of "hard drugs" 

9 minutes ago, Mohenjo said:

Yup, Took molly once ( i was an idiot gulliable freshman 3 years ago) and it made me feel like a fucking meth addict. Regret it ever since and it pretty much scared me out of "hard drugs" 

Ecstasy and MDMA was also not my thing

I'm a pretty talkative person as is and I just becomes annoying as hell if I take any of that. 

The fact that Mercury is involved in the fabrication is also rather scary, since it's apperantly a bitch to remove from the end product. 

And ingesting Mercury is not a good idea. 

3 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I'm a pretty talkative person as is and I just becomes annoying as hell if I take any of that. 

that fact that Mercury is involved in the fabrication is rather scary, since it's apperantly a bitch to remove from the end product. 

Yup. I havnt done anything but weed for years now. And the only thing i tried was molly.

21 minutes ago, paps511 said:

I enjoy weed

I hate people who "love weed"

^^ this guys knows whats up. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I think it's pretty damn stupid that it's still illegal. It should be legal under the same laws as alcohol. 21+. It's also not for everyone. I've smoked some stuff that couch locked me, a different person on the same bud (not laced) tripped out. I'm talking, SWAT is coming in through the walls. Not the windows, the walls. It's not for everyone. Those who do like it, and can safely, maturely use it should be allowed to. 

Too many forms of use still cause irreparable lung damage.

Just like drinking alcohol, it makes you okay with doing nothing. I honestly don't feel we need to legalize more things that cause our society to feel okay doing nothing with their lives.

Personally I've had the stuff once, and never again. I don't like, and never will like feeling like a complete imbecile.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

6 hours ago, Atmos said:

Too many forms of use still cause irreparable lung damage.

Just like drinking alcohol, it makes you okay with doing nothing. I honestly don't feel we need to legalize more things that cause our society to feel okay doing nothing with their lives.

Personally I've had the stuff once, and never again. I don't like, and never will like feeling like a complete imbecile.

As others have said, it affects different people in different ways. Some may get couch lock and the "feeling of doing nothing". Whereas I've personally known others that would have their creativity fueled, and would enjoy it as an intellectual leisure.

Aside from that, there are millions of people, every day, totally sober, who feel okay doing nothing with their lives. Yet I know people who consume marijuana that accomplish quite a bit with their lives, are successful in their career and home life, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

21 hours ago, Volbet said:

The fact that Mercury is involved in the fabrication is also rather scary, since it's apperantly a bitch to remove from the end product. 

Ingesting mercury is always a bad idea... unless you want psychosis.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

I loathe the people of the "Smoke weed everyday" variety. But i'm fine with people that don't make such a big fuzz about it.

Legalize it and tax it is usually my response to these threads. And i hope they find out a similar way to test drivers for cannabis as they do with alcohol.

If someone wants to relax and smoke in their own homes then that is their business. 

But the people that walk around draped in cannabis themed clothing can fuck off. Especially since it is still illegal around here. 

I have tried it. But as it is still illegal i won't touch the stuff. And even when it is legalized i'll stick to alcohol. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"