which PS VITA should i get original or slim?

ImRyan

Slim.  Not that I have owned one.  I just think a smaller profile would be easier to carry around.

Thinking about rooting it or just generally using it to play PS Vita games?

1 minute ago, TheCamba said:

Slim.  Not that I have owned one.  I just think a smaller profile would be easier to carry around.

Thinking about rooting it or just generally using it to play PS Vita games?

i am going to be using it to play vita games

1 minute ago, TheCamba said:

Awesome.  Go with the slim for easier carrying around capabilities.

thanks

2 minutes ago, TheCamba said:

Do you have a PS4?  I've been curious of the PS streaming feature, but have never used it.

yes i have a ps4 i will test remote play when i get my vita

5 hours ago, TheCamba said:

Do you have a PS4?  I've been curious of the PS streaming feature, but have never used it.

I've used it with my stuff. It works well enough. Although depending on the game, it can be awkward because the Vita doesn't have all four shoulder buttons. 

The original has a better screen (contrasts and colours are supposed to be better)

The slim has a standard connector vs the proprietary connector on the original with like 1GB built in storage for storing game data

That's the only 3 differences I remember them having :/ 

Have an original and I can't complain about it...except for the rather small library but ah well :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

10 hours ago, ImRyan said:

yes i have a ps4 i will test remote play when i get my vita

i'm highly interested how it goes, been looking at a vita since it got taken of the shelfs, been wanting to buy it for some cheap rpgs

Go for the slim.  The TN panel on the slim is more than adequate for color, and you'll get to avoid the lovely OLED splotches.  The standard USB connector and longer battery life are both excellent reasons to go for the Slim.  Damn shame it doesn't take microSD... stupid overpriced POS memory card standard only the Vita uses.  Love my Slim, and wouldn't trade it for anything but maybe a Vita 3000/Slim Pro.

Also library is actually fairly massive.  Remember it has access to most of the PSOne and PSP digital library.  Which is fairly large to say in the least.  

Buy a nice used one that comes with a memory card.... because of the price of new memory cards. It's fucking asinine how expensive they are.  When I bought my first gen, it was used and had a 16GB card. I felt like a fool when I bought another 16GB, but I needed it. 

the proprietary memory cards are expensive because of all the hardware DRM and other protection bullcrap sony built into it - not that this would have kept it from getting hacked anyway.

I recommend getting some controller grips with whatever model you decide on

417xTvk5r-L._SY300_.jpg

it makes the thing more bulky but is totally worth it IMO - better grip and less strain when playing longer

You should go with the slim at this point. Especially if you are going to buy physical copies of games, because you can get away with using only the 1GB internal storage for saved games and skimp on a preposterously overpriced memory card. :D

I have both gen 1 and 2, and while the OLED screen on the gen 1 is nice, the traditional LCD on the slim is more than decent enough. Also, there are more colors to choose from with the slim model.

18 hours ago, Magnetorheological said:

You should go with the slim at this point. Especially if you are going to buy physical copies of games, because you can get away with using only the 1GB internal storage for saved games and skimp on a preposterously overpriced memory card. :D

I have both gen 1 and 2, and while the OLED screen on the gen 1 is nice, the traditional LCD on the slim is more than decent enough. Also, there are more colors to choose from with the slim model.

I sold my Gen 1 Vita to my friend for $60 (which was a steal since I'd barely used it since the Vita launch) and got a slim because I wanted the better battery life, better buttons, and most importantly the ability to charge using a portable battery pack so I can charge on the go.

But I still miss that beautiful OLED screen...  ?