GPU not working after overclocking monitor

EquippedSword99

I was overclocking my monitor when i set it too high and it wouldn't revert. I then panicked and shut down the computer and restarted. The monitor then said "No Signal". The fans and lights were on. I have a 1070 strix btw. When I use the onboard graphics, it works. I uninstalled all the drivers, thinking that was the problem, but no. What happened. I just got this pc a week ago s i still have a warantee for the graphics card. I didnt overclock the graphics card. 

Thanks in advance

try taking the GPU out, and the back in. reinstall the drivers and check all cables going to the monitor and GPU and make sure the source is the right one on the monitor, HDMI if you are using HDMI, VGA for a VGA connection ect... my monitor dosent auto detect source so that could be a thing

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

What did you use to OC?

you can do it either in the NVIDIA controll center or on the monitor but it sounds like he was using the NVIDIA controll center

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

you can do it either in the NVIDIA controll center or on the monitor but it sounds like he was using the NVIDIA controll center

I'm fully aware you can do it on those, i'm asking what he used as there are other ways to do it also.

i solved this by booting into safe mode and removing nvidia drivers...after booting into normal mode reinstall nvidia drivers and while installing make sure you check clean install checkbox at time of installation :)

35 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

try taking the GPU out, and the back in. reinstall the drivers and check all cables going to the monitor and GPU and make sure the source is the right one on the monitor, HDMI if you are using HDMI, VGA for a VGA connection ect... my monitor dosent auto detect source so that could be a thing

I already tried doing that but it didnt work. I manually set it to display port but still, no avail

36 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

What did you use to OC?

I used Nvidia control panel

22 minutes ago, clad said:

i solved this by booting into safe mode and removing nvidia drivers...after booting into normal mode reinstall nvidia drivers and while installing make sure you check clean install checkbox at time of installation :)

I removed the drivers but not in safe mode. I tried reinstalling (not in safe mode) but it didnt detect the gpu

Just now, TrigrH said:

have u tested the GPU on another display? TV?

Both outputs (dedicated and nondedicated) didnt work. non dedicated works on my monitor

Just now, EquippedSword99 said:

I removed the drivers but not in safe mode. I tried reinstalling (not in safe mode) but it didnt detect the gpu

remove gpu drivers from device manager then reinstall

Just now, clad said:

remove gpu drivers from device manager then reinstall

I dont see it

you uninstalled gpu drivers

when u reinstall...the installer does not detect your gpu? 

Just now, clad said:

you uninstalled gpu drivers

when u reinstall...the installer does not detect your gpu? 

Exactly

Just now, TrigrH said:

this is on another display? if so I would return the card then.

Non dedicated and dedicated didnt work on my tv. Non dedicated works on my monitor

Just now, EquippedSword99 said:

My pc also sounds like a jet bcoz the gpu fans are at 100%

That means two things:

You just killed your card

You need to boot into safe mode with networking using the iGPU after taking out the graphics card out to install DDU to obliterate drivers. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, EquippedSword99 said:

Non dedicated and dedicated didnt work on my tv. Non dedicated works on my monitor

if the card is not being detected, its fucked, if its being detected ur last hope is reflashing the bios on the card I think.

Just now, TrigrH said:

if the card is not being detected, its fucked, if its being detected ur last hope is reflashing the bios on the card I think.

How do I properly know if its not being detected. What did I do wrong

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

That means two things:

You just killed your card

You need to boot into safe mode with networking using the iGPU after taking out the graphics card out to install DDU to obliterate drivers. 

How do I know if I killed it

1 minute ago, EquippedSword99 said:

How do I know if I killed it

If you do the second part and then use the graphics card again but it still won't display. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats