650w Power supply for i5 6600k oc and msi gtx 1070?

nzpancakes
Go to solution Solved by 005grn,

Seasonic M12II 520 watts will do even for a Core i7 6700K + GTX 1080

How much wattage do I need for an I5 6600k intel cpu with a msi gtx 1070 gaming x gpu? Im also concerned that my 5 case fans and led ram and led motherboard and led case fans and overclocked cpu will overload the power supply. I have been looking at the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply but there are many reviews saying the fan is loud and the coil buzzes. Can anyone recommend me a good psu for less than $90 that is fully modular, quiet,80+ gold rated,  and has a little extra power for future proofing?

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/xGX8QV

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your probably fine with a 400 or 450w psu.

Id get this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151124

Are you sure this is enough? On pcpartpicker, it says that my wattage would at least be around 370w, and that doesnt include overclocking. Also, this isnt fully modular, I was going to get red and black cables to match the rest of my build so thats why I wanted fully modular.

I have an i7 6700k and a GTX 1070 and am getting by just fine with 500w EVGA 80+ Gold.

A 650w is a little bit overkill for your setup but not terribly so, especially if major overclocking or more components will go in down the line. There is no harm in going with such a unit other than potentially its higher cost, and higher (VERY negligible) impact on the electric bill.

But for now, 450-500w from a reputable vendor would probably be ideal.

rmurad38

i7 6700k | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming | Zotac GTX1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256MB M.2 SSD | SanDisk X400 1TB SSD | Noctua NH-U9S Cooler | EVGA Hadron Air