CPU Cooler Question:

Verity

Noob Question: Is it ok for the 4 pin wire to go in the middle and touch the heat pipes? I'm doing this for a better cable management and installing fans. Thnx Dolfys.

image.jpg

image.jpg

ehh, I wouldn't do it just to be safe in case the cable melts. Is there any other way you can get the cable around?

Should be okay. 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Just now, EnemySp0tt3d said:

ehh, I wouldn't do it just to be safe in case the cable melts. Is there any other way you can get the cable around?

I could put it on the top but installing fans on it

14 hours ago, EnemySp0tt3d said:

If the heatpipes are that warm, I'd worry a lot more about temps being too high. 

It's perfectly fine for the wire to touch the pipes.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Its fine. I used to have temp probe on top of heatsink base. Have had several fan cables run under fins and touching pipes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv