Is a 2013 Raptor 250 a Good Starter Four Wheeler

Snapy1

For a kid or an adult? Also avoid Yamaha like the plague. Honda makes much better quads and dirtbikes. If you are an adult I'd look at a Honda TRX400 or TRX450r. The TRX400 will be the better all around rider and the 450r will be faster but more suited for track riding.

For a kid or an adult? Also avoid Yamaha like the plague. Honda makes much better quads and dirtbikes. If you are an adult I'd look at a Honda TRX400 or TRX450r. The TRX400 will be the better all around rider and the 450r will be faster but more suited for track riding.

im 14

im 14

I'd look at getting a TRX400 then, they are awesome all around quads. They are a sporty setup but they have things like reverse (sound stupid now but as a starter rider you will love it) and good tires that will last a long time. Like I said sporty setup so it will be harder to roll it in corners which as a new rider you will be prone to do haha. It also won't break the bank, it isn't the cheapest you can get but it is like mid range in terms of pricing. It may seem a bit big for you at 14 but I rode one at that age and it was fine, it will also fit you better as you get older and still be as fast as ever.

I'd look at getting a TRX400 then, they are awesome all around quads. They are a sporty setup but they have things like reverse (sound stupid now but as a starter rider you will love it) and good tires that will last a long time. Like I said sporty setup so it will be harder to roll it in corners which as a new rider you will be prone to do haha. It also won't break the bank, it isn't the cheapest you can get but it is like mid range in terms of pricing. It may seem a bit big for you at 14 but I rode one at that age and it was fine, it will also fit you better as you get older and still be as fast as ever.

He needs one to start with, or an entry level one. I think 250cc would be better suited for him. You wouldn't give a 16 year old kid a Ferrari for their driving test would you? :D

I agree, reverse is a big deal for an ATV.

For a kid or an adult? Also avoid Yamaha like the plague. Honda makes much better quads and dirtbikes.

I dont think you can go so far as to avoid Yamaha altogether, maybe you just seen some bad apples since i have witnessed Yamahas go just as hard and be just as reliable as any Honda.

He needs one to start with, or an entry level one. I think 250cc would be better suited for him. You wouldn't give a 16 year old kid a Ferrari for their driving test would you? :D

You are also implying that a TRX400 is crazy fast, which it isn't. Compare it to something like 450 or the raptor 650. I rode one when I was 14 and never had a issue with too much power.

I dont think you can go so far as to avoid Yamaha altogether, maybe you just seen some bad apples since i have witnessed Yamahas go just as hard and be just as reliable as any Honda.

It isn't as much about them being as fast or break instantly when ridden hard, my reasoning behind saying avoid Yamaha is terrible customer support, pain in the ass for maintenance and I've owned both hondas and yamahas and the hondas have always lasted longer and easier to maintain.

I disagree. I have had a trx 450r and it was awesome. I then moved on to a raptor 700 because I wanted the torque of a 700 fuel injected. Ive ridden a yfz 450r and my friend has a 660. Both are great companies. Plus yamaha has it in the looks department. Dont name a shame someone for no reason. My friends yfz 450r felt more "race ready" than the trx did. 

As far as the original question, if you have the money, get a yfz 450r and make use of that throttle limiter. You'll save a lot of money that way. If budget is limited, the 250 or 350 are great starter quads.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)