Help understanding how to use the Maximus VIII Formula built in vrm cooling?

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,
20 minutes ago, RangerLunis said:

So i'm looking to use it in a new build with a custom loop, I've actually worked on hardline loops before, though to be honest not all that much, still. I'm confused on how I would build my loop to use the VRM coolers built into the mother board. EKWB partnered with ASUS to include this and I'd like to take advantage of it. Has anyone done a custom loop build with this mobo before, any advice? Any videos of people doing it? I just need to know the direction the loop would go.

Thanks for any help :)

The direction of flow through the VRM block on that motherboard doesn't matter at all.  Feel free to make either end the in and the other the out.

The easiest routing would incorporate your CPU block inline with the VRM.  Example CPU in > CPU out > VRM in > VRM out > radiator or whatever else is down the line.

Z170 doesn't suffer from VRM heat related issues like x99 or some other platforms so don't worry too much about needing to get the best temps on the VRM.  Give priority to CPU and GPU cooling and just work the VRM into the loop.

So for awhile I've had the pleasure of owning the Maximus VIII Formula Mobo. It's actually been a great experience for me at least. Though I admit a problem overclocking my 6700k, but I believe I just got a bad processor out of the batch unfortunately or maybe just the shit end of the silicon stick. 

ANYWAYS,

So i'm looking to use it in a new build with a custom loop, I've actually worked on hardline loops before, though to be honest not all that much, still. I'm confused on how I would build my loop to use the VRM coolers built into the mother board. EKWB partnered with ASUS to include this and I'd like to take advantage of it. Has anyone done a custom loop build with this mobo before, any advice? Any videos of people doing it? I just need to know the direction the loop would go.

20 minutes ago, RangerLunis said:

The direction of flow through the VRM block on that motherboard doesn't matter at all.  Feel free to make either end the in and the other the out.

The easiest routing would incorporate your CPU block inline with the VRM.  Example CPU in > CPU out > VRM in > VRM out > radiator or whatever else is down the line.

Z170 doesn't suffer from VRM heat related issues like x99 or some other platforms so don't worry too much about needing to get the best temps on the VRM.  Give priority to CPU and GPU cooling and just work the VRM into the loop.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Thanks! I know motherboard vrm cooling really doesn't make too much of a difference I just wanted help in knowing how to incorporate it into a loop, thanks so much :)