Air 240 and 1060/70's

Hey guys,

So i bought the Corsair air 240 and now wanted to upgrade to a new GPU and i was thinking about a 1070 or a 1060 and was wondering if it would actually fit in here (right now with my GTX 760 mini) the cable is pressing against the window and now i'm wondering, if the 70/60 would actually fit in here (i have an extension since my 6-pin aint long enough and the ext. is from Nanoxia (the standard 30cm extension)).

If possible id'll someone with the same case to answer or atleast someone who is a 100% sure that it would/n't fit.

Thanks in advance ! ^^

The Air 240 is very shallow as you already know. Most AIB cards are too deep to fit(cannot close the side panel). Some cards with triple fans are also too long. Only reference(FE) card and some itx version with one fan will work for that case.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

The Air 240 is very shallow as you already know. Most AIB cards are too deep to fit(cannot close the side panel). Only reference(FE) card works for that case.

reference FE ? So neither the 1060 nor the 1070 would fit ?!?! rly ?

59 minutes ago, IndisciousWrath said:

reference FE ? So neither the 1060 nor the 1070 would fit ?!?! rly ?

1070 and 1060 FE(reference) cards, Some 3rd party cards with only one fan and short PCB might also fit. 

I had a problem with this case and the MSI GPU, It's way too wide although for length it had plenty of room if you can get one that isn't too wide you should be mostly fine. 

The bottom pins wouldn't clip in so it bulged. Eventually the glass cracked so I got a new case. 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Just now, Deli said:

yeah.

So what is the max L/H/W that would fit ? So i can look at all of 'em 'n choose

1 hour ago, IndisciousWrath said:

So what is the max L/H/W that would fit ? So i can look at all of 'em 'n choose

Actually the depth is the problem. Anything more than ~11.5cm you will have problem closing the side panel.

5 minutes ago, Deli said:

Actually the depth is the problem. Anything more than ~11.5cm you will have problem closing the side panel.

mine is 9,5 (width) and then the 6-pin (and it's already touching and pressing against the glass ....)

mine is 9,5 (width) and then the 6-pin (and it's already touching and pressing against the glass ....)

The factory measurement includes the PCB part that plugs into the PCIe slot. If you only measure the "main" graphics card body, then it is about 9.5cm.

Foe example the FE card has the depth of 11.1cm. But the actual body depth is like ~9.6-9.7cm.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

The factory measurement includes the PCB part that plugs into the PCIe slot. If you only measure the "main" graphics card body, then it is about 9.5cm.

aaah okay then :D so basically i could buy the g1 or something else that's similar thank you very much 

From the case specs:

• Maximum GPU Length: 290mm
  • Maximum CPU Cooler Height: 120mm

So the max width would be limited to 120mm but you would also need to factor in the thickness of the 6 or 8 pin PCIe power connector as well, unless it is a card where the power connector is on the short end of the card vs. the long side.

I have a Zotac 1070 FE (a reference card) in an EVGA Hadron Air, a tiny ITX case. The card measures 266.7x111.15mm so it would probably fit, however the side mounted 8 pin power could be getting close to the side panel if your power supply has overly thick wires that arent too flexible. There would only be about 9mm give or take of space.

rmurad38

i7 6700k | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming | Zotac GTX1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256MB M.2 SSD | SanDisk X400 1TB SSD | Noctua NH-U9S Cooler | EVGA Hadron Air

aaah okay then :D so basically i could buy the g1 or something else that's similar thank you very much 

Have fun with the new card. :)

1 minute ago, rmurad38 said:

From the case specs:

• Maximum GPU Length: 290mm
  • Maximum CPU Cooler Height: 120mm

So the max width would be limited to 120mm but you would also need to factor in the thickness of the 6 or 8 pin PCIe power connector as well, unless it is a card where the power connector is on the short end of the card vs. the long side.

I have a Zotac 1070 FE (a reference card) in an EVGA Hadron Air, a tiny ITX case. The card measures 266.7x111.15mm so it would probably fit, however the side mounted 8 pin power could be getting close to the side panel if your power supply has overly thick wires that arent too flexible. There would only be about 9mm give or take of space.

Do you know cards that have their -pin connectors on the side ? (mine is on the short side and its pressing against the glass already)

Do you know cards that have their -pin connectors on the side ? (mine is on the short side and its pressing against the glass already)

No 1070 or 1060 has the 6 pin on the side, sorry. You just have to live with it.

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

No 1070 or 1060 has the 6 pin on the side, sorry. You just have to live with it.

but with the g1 it should be the same as now right ? (just pressing a lil bit against the glass)

I didn't catch what power supply you have, but you might try getting a PCIe 8 pin extension that may have thinner wires than your power supply's plug. it may still be tight, but perhaps could put less pressure on the case window and the card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=pcie+8+pin+power+extension&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I was unable to find any 1070 or 1060 that have the power connector on the short side. I do have an XFX R9 380 with that configuration and always thought it was a great design, but they seem to have dropped that style, not to mention they dont seem to do Nvidia GPUs at this time.

rmurad38

i7 6700k | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming | Zotac GTX1070 FE | Samsung 950 Pro 256MB M.2 SSD | SanDisk X400 1TB SSD | Noctua NH-U9S Cooler | EVGA Hadron Air