My speaker died. Looking to buy a new one. (value and durability)

LOST TALE

Hi.

Please check out price in my region (Canada) before u try help with recommendation.

My pricing range is up to 100$. Less is better. 40$ is good. 20, I may have some doubts about the quality but its the quality not the price that I care about.

For financial preference context: shipping time is no big deal. I'd rather save 10$ and wait a few days. My system came back to life... just in time for a battlefield tour. but I'd rather have one new and ready in case this one dies. I used my headphones while it was broke and the speakers are much preferred (convenient).

I want one that is durable. I'm not a very high volume user.

The one I have now (half broken) is a VS2621. The reason it broke is because a year ago it was put at max volume by some drunk user at my mother's home. Since then It showed to damage but was working 90+%.

I'm looking for one that has good sound overall and perceive very steep diminishing returns on anything above 40$.

Areas of focus:

Durability, resistance to normal high volume level strain. and low duration high volume accidents (before u have time to adjust volume dial)

Areas of compromise:

Can be less loud

Doesn't have to be noticeably good to an audiophile.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

32 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

Hi.

I want one that is durable (. I'm not a very high volume user.

The one I have now (half broken) is a VS2621. The reason it broke is because a year ago it was put at max volume by some drunk user at my mother's home. Since then It showed to damage but was working 90+%.

I'm looking for one that has good sound overall and don't need anymore.

Areas of focus:

Durability, resistance to normal high volume level strain. and low duration high volume accidents (before u have time to adjust volume dial)

Areas of compromise:

Can be less loud

Doesn't have to be noticeably good to an audiophile.

im using the jbl one control speakers. arround 80 bucks where i live and the sound is damn good for my knowledge of sound stuff. ( which is like 0 )

5 minutes ago, TiberiusMoon said:

I had these for a while the sound is very good once  you burn them in:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-Speaker-Subwoofer-Laptop-UK-Plug/dp/B0061J3GPU

It has higher wattage so id assume it will be louder

I think it's out of my target budget: https://www.amazon.ca/Trust-Speaker-Subwoofer-Laptop-UK-Plug/dp/B0061J3GPU?tag=linustechtips-21

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Just now, LOST TALE said:

ahh okie, best thing to do is check your Maple Amazon and check the reviews of the speakers in your price range. ;)

review are vital to audio products as sound quality cannot be manufactured only appreciated by those who experience if first hand.

like going into a store and listening to the product before buying

How much are you looking at spending?

The Logitech Z623 can go pretty loud without a problem. It's ~160 CAD from Amazon/Best Buy.

budget?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

9 hours ago, Stagea said:

How much are you looking at spending?

The Logitech Z623 can go pretty loud without a problem. It's ~160 CAD from Amazon/Best Buy.

Definitely under 100$ probably 60$ max.

It's 22% off right now. the refurbished is 58% off. Should I wait for black friday or boxing day for a better price?

14 hours ago, acheahead said:

If you're able to find a cheap set of Logitech Z333, you might be happy with them.
They're loud, and sound okay :)

Is it a good idea to buy refurbished at 58% off? I only care about the sound and don't mind if there's aesthetic imperfections.