A build that is IMPOSSIBLE for Linus to build.

CRikhard
10 minutes ago, kerbingamer376 said:

I want linus to do the ultimate budget PC build. That's be impossible for him, he seems to have an urge to spend as much as possible on everything.

The problem they face is that once they do an ultimate budget build, unless there is vastly new tech coming out, that build is gonna be pretty good for a while. Making a new build that only has one or two different components is pretty boring.

Expect new builds once ZEN launches.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

20 amp circuits are commonly found in household installations, just generally in shop or garage areas of the home. While the living quarters of a home is generally rated at 15 amp. That's one beast of a PSU, just trying to imagine what a consumer grade rig would need so much juice for? Any hardware that would need that much juice would also seem to generate a lot of heat, meaning that wouldn't you better off splitting off into multiple devices at that point? Primary computer, NAS, etc?

I dunno if it's already been said because I'm lazy, but power wouldn't be the problem. Running four of those cards would be 8 390x's l, and xfire only supports two.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

On 9/29/2016 at 0:10 PM, Kierax said:

I want to see him make a waterproof computer.  Then drive through a carwash with it running in the bed of a pickup.  While doing the Crysis 3 benchmark!

I feel like he'd actually do that one day.

How hard would it be to build something the size of an Intel NUC or smaller, that can get ultrawide 16K (using 6x 8K monitors arranged 2x3) "Insane" 144fps in the upcoming Gears of War 4, and render the cinebench R15 image so fast that it can do it at 60 fps - while keeping the NUC/whatever cool enough to hold in your bare hand, passively cooled (or at least 0dB silence). :)

I'm gonna guess that at least now, THAT would be an impossible build for Linus to build?

BUT... if there was no financial limit ... would it still be impossible?

But, the 295X2 is a duel GPU, the most you can have working properly is two... Or am I missing something here?

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

3 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

But, the 295X2 is a duel GPU, the most you can have working properly is two... Or am I missing something here?

Why would only two would be working??? You can put as many GPUs that the motherboard supports...

Also GPUs don't do duels xD

duelbig.jpg

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

-snip-

I know, but nothing would use all eight to their maximum. It's kind of pointless.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Rotating cooling system. Like you put your whole system on a pole that can spin and CPU and GPU have only passive heatsinks and you spin the pole to cool them.