One speaker much, much quieter than the other one

JorenBus

So I recently bought a Z200 speakerset (2 speakers). They're pretty cheap but they get the job done.

However, the left speaker is super quiet while the other speaker is just normal.

When I hold my ear against the left speaker, there is music playing from them, but when I'm just listening to music it feels like all the sound comes from the right speaker.

Any solution? These speakers are brand new and are connected properly.

Thanks

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

2 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

Try playing them on another device, if the problem persists, RMA the speakers.

Good idea, haven't thought of that yet.

They sound fine when connected to my iPhone, however that is not the case when connected to my laptop.

Any ideas?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

2 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

Good idea, haven't thought of that yet.

They sound fine when connected to my iPhone, however that is not the case when connected to my laptop.

Any ideas?

Check the balance option in windows to check you dont have one channel turned down

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Check the balance option in windows to check you dont have one channel turned down

Just did that, both channels are the same.

2 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

Try plugging other speakers or stereo headphones into the laptop. 

Headphones sound just fine when plugged into my laptop.

Does your audio driver come with a program that allows you to configure the speakers?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Does your audio driver come with a program that allows you to configure the speakers?

Not that I know of, I just installed Realtek HD audio but that's about it. (funny thing is that after the installation I can't seem to find the program on my laptop).

1 hour ago, JorenBus said:

Not that I know of, I just installed Realtek HD audio but that's about it. (funny thing is that after the installation I can't seem to find the program on my laptop).

What program do you use for music? Does it occur with Youtube?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

22 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

What program do you use for music? Does it occur with Youtube?

Spotify. It's the same with Youtube.

1 hour ago, JorenBus said:

Spotify. It's the same with Youtube.

If you right-click the volume icon on the toolbar, go to "playback devices". Right-click the speakers in question and configure. A window should pop up with your channels on the left and speakers on the right. If you click on the speakers, is one still lower than the other? What if you change the channel to mono, quadraphonic, or stereo and back?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 30-9-2016 at 4:49 PM, ARikozuM said:

If you right-click the volume icon on the toolbar, go to "playback devices". Right-click the speakers in question and configure. A window should pop up with your channels on the left and speakers on the right. If you click on the speakers, is one still lower than the other? What if you change the channel to mono, quadraphonic, or stereo and back?

Sorry for the late response, if I click on the speakers the left one is noticeably louder than the right one. I can't change the channel, I can only choose stereo.