RIP Internet.

CostcoSamples

This is pretty important stuff:

TL;DR

The USA, which has the strongest legal protections for free speech, will be handing control of the internet DNS system (controlled by a company called ICANN) over to the UN.  This opens the door to authoritarian regimes having some control over content.  Political dissenters will be easily silenced (simply switch off their domain name).  We are talking about global internet censorship if the UN gets their way.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Trump may be a complete tool, but I agree with him on this one.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 minute ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Trump may be a complete tool, but I agree with him on this one.

why?

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

2 minutes ago, EpicKneusje said:

why?

He's against relinquishing control of the DNS system.

What's wrong with the current system?  Is it unfair or wrong?

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

He's against relinquishing control of the DNS system.

aka trump may get massive votes from this one

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

3 minutes ago, EpicKneusje said:

aka trump may get massive votes from this one

Whether he's doing it for votes or not at least he recognizes it and opposes it.  Hillary could do the same but you don't hear anything from her.

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Whether he's doing it for votes or not at least he recognizes it and opposes it.  Hillary could do the same but you don't hear anything from her.

not from usa, so yeah cant really argue

Just now, EpicKneusje said:

not from usa, so yeah cant really argue

Consider yourself lucky.

9 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

The USA, which is the ONLY country on earth with actual free speech protections *snip*

Reported. You will be banned for this statement which disturbs the peace, order and good governance of the Dominion , and is thereby a defamatory statement against His Majesty Linus Sebastian, King in right of Canada.

And more people who don't understand the difference between IANA and ICANN and how only IANA is being handed over.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Consider yourself lucky.

i do 

1 minute ago, McGinSpace said:

Reported. You will be banned for this statement which disturbs the peace, order and good governance of the Dominion , and is thereby a defamatory statement against His Grace Linus Sebastien, King in right of Canada.

wat

6 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I'm afraid Trump is just capitalizing of his bases' phobia of the UN (which has real problems to be clear) and fear of vague forces called "Globalists". 

6 minutes ago, EpicKneusje said:

wat

Canadian formal government stuff nobody knows about . Edit - that I am probably using wrong. 

Edited by McGinSpace

The USA, which is the ONLY country on earth with actual free speech protections

Really? What about all of the others?

I'm sorry about the situation in your planet. Feel fee to visit the Earth any time you like.

This is pretty important stuff:

(...)

Sorry if I'm too rude or I break a forum rule, but tinfoil-hat-retarded is what it is.

Just now, McGinSpace said:

I'm afraid Trump is just capitalizing of his bases' phobia of the UN (which has real problems to be clear) and fear of vague forces called "Globalists". 

Or just the simple fact that it's a threat to the National Security of the country he lives in.

20 minutes ago, Lurick said:

And more people who don't understand the difference between IANA and ICANN and how only IANA is being handed over.

I take it that you don't understand the power of controlling IP addresses. 

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Or just the simple fact that it's a threat to the National Security of the country he lives in.

If that's a fact and he said that then maybe. But we're talking about a politician in an election campaign so "facts" usually means "not that simple" "maybe" at best...

2 minutes ago, McGinSpace said:

If that's a fact and he said that then maybe. But we're talking about a politician in an election campaign so "facts" usually means "not that simple" "maybe" at best...

Well said.

Both candidates have already confirmed that they don't have any knowledge of modern technology.

3 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

DNS?

Worst case scenario people revert to memorizing direct IPs of websites and the internet feels a little bit more like the old BBS days again.

IANA also controls IP Address allocations.

10 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

I don't know who that said, but that person should look up the charts of "freedom of press" and "freedom of speech" the US does it actually not so good in those regards.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

10 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

Which planet do you live on? Because it sure as hell isn't Earth.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?