AMD R9 290X has an UBER Mode Benchmarks inside

im definatle staying with the red team

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

IMO, they need to compare with it 1 Tier lower Nvidia card like GTX760 instead of GTX770.

Gonna ask one of the people from pclab to do so, maybe they'll perform these tests for us.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

You missed my point.

Amd drivers are fine as long as you have fast single thread I.e. intel cpu.

But nvidia uses more threads @Kuzma thanks to which amd CPUs work better with it even tho they have slower single thread.

That is not true at all, AMD GPU's work better on both Intel and AMD CPU's, i ahd nVidia GPU with AMD CPU and it was painful experience, soon i moved to AMD GPU, everything is smoother.

You missed my point.

Amd drivers are fine as long as you have fast single thread I.e. intel cpu.

But nvidia uses more threads @Kuzma thanks to which amd CPUs work better with it even tho they have slower single thread.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/66712-r9-280x-versus-gtx-760-4gb-battle-of-the-drivers-fight/

This is 100% true ^_^ , AMD need to sort out their drivers in that aspect xD they're essentially competing with themselves making an AMD/Intel vs AMD/Nvidia build the competition instead of AMD/AMD vs Intel/Nvidia as we've come to know

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

That is not true at all, AMD GPU's work better on both Intel and AMD CPU's, i ahd nVidia GPU with AMD CPU and it was painful experience, soon i moved to AMD GPU, everything is smoother.

Too many factors to accept your opinion...

What GPU did you have at the time?

What CPU did you have at the time?

You know, Nvidia made their drivers multithreaded around the time Fermi architecture came out, and if your CPU was dual core then YES, Nvidia works bad with dual cores because Nvidia drivers are written for more threads.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Too many factors to accept your opinion...

What GPU did you have at the time?

What CPU did you have at the time?

You know, Nvidia made their drivers multithreaded around the time Fermi architecture came out, and if your CPU was dual core then YES, Nvidia works bad with dual cores because Nvidia drivers are written for more threads.

Both Dual and 4 cores CPU's, different sorts of GPU's, and there are quite a bit of factors, but in general, i had 0 problems with AMD, while having tons of problems with nVidia, stutters etc., however, i didn't had any problem with both nVidia and AMD like BSOD's, artifacts, locking up, etc. Only one GPU died on me, and it was 8800GT (one of the worst GPU's i had my hands on).

In short, i just stated that is complete nonsense to say that nVidia have better drivers, in my opinion and experience, it don't, it is even contrary. It is true however, that in few games, similar GPU's did pushed more FPS (even on AMD CPU) with nVida GPU, however, it didn't felt as smooth as it was on AMD GPU's with less FPS (again mine experience on few different cases). Rest of the games was pretty even in terms of FPS.

It may be über but I guess it sounds like an A380 starting when in uber mode.

A380 isn't that loud..... its actually quiet for a plane of its size. Look at the 707 THAT is something Loud