spoilers broken still for me?

terrytek

ok it might just be me, but for some reason spoilers are still broken for me. like i can't open  spoilers, i can't close spoilers, i can't do shit with spoilers, so i can't see what's inside them and that pisses me off. am i the only one still experiencing this issue? because this has been an issue for me for a couple months now.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

19 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ok it might just be me, but for some reason spoilers are still broken for me. like i can't open  spoilers, i can't close spoilers, i can't do shit with spoilers, so i can't see what's inside them and that pisses me off. am i the only one still experiencing this issue? because this has been an issue for me for a couple months now.

Spoilers?

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

3 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Spoilers?

yeah, they're broken for me. like i can't open or close them and i can't see anything inside them. it bugs me very much.

Spoiler

like i can't see anything inside one of these

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Can you post the output of http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/, and also open the dev console using F12 (switch to the console tab if it's not selected by default) then refresh the page and try to open a spoiler.

Also, you say "still", but I don't remember there previously being issues that you have reported. Do you have the link to where it was reported originally?

HTTP/2 203

7 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you post the output of http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/, and also open the dev console using F12 (switch to the console tab if it's not selected by default) then refresh the page and try to open a spoiler.

Also, you say "still", but I don't remember there previously being issues that you have reported. Do you have the link to where it was reported originally?

browser http://whatsmybrowser.org/b/ZJW0132

dev console

6a909c1835.png

and those errors i assume would only be from adblock. but this was after i clicked to try to open a spoiler, which failed again. and by "still" i meant like i've had this issue for months, but didn't either have time, didn't feel like it, or was too lazy to report it.

43 minutes ago, terrytek said:

browser http://whatsmybrowser.org/b/ZJW0132

dev console

and those errors i assume would only be from adblock. but this was after i clicked to try to open a spoiler, which failed again. and by "still" i meant like i've had this issue for months, but didn't either have time, didn't feel like it, or was too lazy to report it.

I doubt it's the issue, but to avoid wasting time can you try disabling adblock, and see whether the issue persists. If it does, can you tell me what is displayed if you enter

ips.ui.spoiler.respond

into the dev console.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I doubt it's the issue, but to avoid wasting time can you try disabling adblock, and see whether the issue persists. If it does, can you tell me what is displayed if you enter

ips.ui.spoiler.respond

into the dev console.

adblocker doesn't work, it still has the issue. and i typed it in like you said and got this

218297fefc.png

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

adblocker doesn't work, it still has the issue. and i typed it in like you said and got this

That looks normal. If you right click on the spoiler, and inspect element, can you then take a screenshot of the result, and post it here.

After that, one of the parents of the node that should be selected (from the inspect element) should be <div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler> - can you click that, so it's highlighted, then switch to the console tab and run

ips.ui.spoiler.respond($($0))

It should print "undefined" - can you then try using the spoiler, and see whether it works.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That looks normal. If you right click on the spoiler, and inspect element, can you then take a screenshot of the result, and post it here.

After that, one of the parents of the node that should be selected (from the inspect element) should be <div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler> - can you click that, so it's highlighted, then switch to the console tab and run

ips.ui.spoiler.respond($($0))

It should print "undefined" - can you then try using the spoiler, and see whether it works.

543e98b87f.png

and i followed your instructions and typed the command in the console, and it did come up undefined, but it still won't work.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

and i followed your instructions and typed the command in the console, and it did come up undefined, but it still won't work.

OK, with the data-ipsspoiler element still selected in the elements panel, switch to the console tab and run

$($0).find("> .ipsSpoiler_header").on("click", function(e){ console.log("This worked"); target = $(e.target); console.log(target.is('a:not( [data-action="toggleSpoiler"] )') || ( target.closest('a').length && !target.closest('a').is('[data-action="toggleSpoiler"]') )); });

Then try to expand the spoiler.

HTTP/2 203

3 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

OK, with the data-ipsspoiler element still selected in the elements panel, switch to the console tab and run

$($0).find("> .ipsSpoiler_header").on("click", function(e){ console.log("This worked"); target = $(e.target); console.log(target.is('a:not( [data-action="toggleSpoiler"] )') || ( target.closest('a').length && !target.closest('a').is('[data-action="toggleSpoiler"]') )); });

Then try to expand the spoiler.

nope. still broken.

Just now, terrytek said:

nope. still broken.

Something should have been logged to the console when you clicked it though.

HTTP/2 203

12 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Something should have been logged to the console when you clicked it though.

254c179429.png

i don't really know what to do at this point.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

i don't really know what to do at this point.

That output tells me that it definitely should be working.

If you run

$(document).on("contentChange", function(e){console.log(e);});

what is logged to the console when you click to expand the spoiler? (You might have to click it a few times).

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That output tells me that it definitely should be working.

If you run

$(document).on("contentChange", function(e){console.log(e);});

what is logged to the console when you click to expand the spoiler? (You might have to click it a few times).

19a3571da8.png

but i can't seem to make sense of it.

11 hours ago, terrytek said:

but i can't seem to make sense of it.

OK, can you run

$(document).on("contentChange", function(e, data){console.log(data);var e=$(data[0]),s=e.is(".ipsSpoiler");console.log(s);if(s){console.log(btoa($(data[0]).html()))}});

then try to use the spoiler a few times. Some stuff might be logged to the console - can you take a screenshot of it. If there is a long random looking string logged, can you also copy it and paste it in a code tag here, so I can copy it rather than having it transcribe it from the screenshot.

Please try it on this spoiler:

Spoiler

This is a regular spoiler, and should work correctly.

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Ok this is weird

Your signature's spoilers dont work for me

Everything else does

whatismybrowser.com/w/HJ2FRQX

His signature spoiler are broken for everyone, and I sort of know why, but that's an unrelated issue, and I think one that has probably been fixed since (the HTML is wrong though, so they would need to be removed and added back to work).

HTTP/2 203

On 9/29/2016 at 0:15 PM, colonel_mortis said:

His signature spoiler are broken for everyone, and I sort of know why, but that's an unrelated issue, and I think one that has probably been fixed since (the HTML is wrong though, so they would need to be removed and added back to work).

could it be the spoilers for my sig breaks every spoiler for me regardless of page? or is there a different issue?

On 9/29/2016 at 4:45 AM, colonel_mortis said:

OK, can you run

$(document).on("contentChange", function(e, data){console.log(data);var e=$(data[0]),s=e.is(".ipsSpoiler");console.log(s);if(s){console.log(btoa($(data[0]).html()))}});

then try to use the spoiler a few times. Some stuff might be logged to the console - can you take a screenshot of it. If there is a long random looking string logged, can you also copy it and paste it in a code tag here, so I can copy it rather than having it transcribe it from the screenshot.

Please try it on this spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

This is a regular spoiler, and should work correctly.

so this is what i get

b9352ec966.png

and sorry for the late reply. i was busy, and plus this thread notification was piled on top of 100+ others.

6 hours ago, terrytek said:

could it be the spoilers for my sig breaks every spoiler for me regardless of page? or is there a different issue?

so this is what i get

b9352ec966.png

and sorry for the late reply. i was busy, and plus this thread notification was piled on top of 100+ others.

On 29/09/2016 at 0:45 PM, colonel_mortis said:

If there is a long random looking string logged, can you also copy it and paste it in a code tag here, so I can copy it rather than having it transcribe it from the screenshot.

Please (the last thing logged).

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Please (the last thing logged).

this is what i got 

CgkgICAgICA8ZGl2IGNsYXNzPSJpcHNTcG9pbGVyX2hlYWRlciBpcHNTcG9pbGVyX2Nsb3NlZCI+ICA8YSBocmVmPSIjIiBkYXRhLWFjdGlvbj0idG9nZ2xlU3BvaWxlciI+Jm5ic3A7PC9hPiAgPHNwYW4+UmV2ZWFsIGhpZGRlbiBjb250ZW50czwvc3Bhbj4gPC9kaXY+CgoJPGRpdiBjbGFzcz0iaXBzU3BvaWxlcl9jb250ZW50cyBpcHNBbmltIGlwc0FuaW1fZmFkZSBpcHNBbmltX2luIiBzdHlsZT0iZGlzcGxheTogbm9uZTsiIGFuaW1hdGluZz0idHJ1ZSI+CgkJPHA+CgkJCVRoaXMgaXMgYSByZWd1bGFyIHNwb2lsZXIsIGFuZCBzaG91bGQgd29yayBjb3JyZWN0bHkuCgkJPC9wPgoJPC9kaXY+Cg==

sorry for not posting it as code i accidentally thought we still were doing screenshots since the beginning of this thread, i didn't even see that last comment about just pasting it instead.

26 minutes ago, terrytek said:

this is what i got 

CgkgICAgICA8ZGl2IGNsYXNzPSJpcHNTcG9pbGVyX2hlYWRlciBpcHNTcG9pbGVyX2Nsb3NlZCI+ICA8YSBocmVmPSIjIiBkYXRhLWFjdGlvbj0idG9nZ2xlU3BvaWxlciI+Jm5ic3A7PC9hPiAgPHNwYW4+UmV2ZWFsIGhpZGRlbiBjb250ZW50czwvc3Bhbj4gPC9kaXY+CgoJPGRpdiBjbGFzcz0iaXBzU3BvaWxlcl9jb250ZW50cyBpcHNBbmltIGlwc0FuaW1fZmFkZSBpcHNBbmltX2luIiBzdHlsZT0iZGlzcGxheTogbm9uZTsiIGFuaW1hdGluZz0idHJ1ZSI+CgkJPHA+CgkJCVRoaXMgaXMgYSByZWd1bGFyIHNwb2lsZXIsIGFuZCBzaG91bGQgd29yayBjb3JyZWN0bHkuCgkJPC9wPgoJPC9kaXY+Cg==

sorry for not posting it as code i accidentally thought we still were doing screenshots since the beginning of this thread, i didn't even see that last comment about just pasting it instead.

That's not the same as the one you posted the screenshot of. Can you do it again, and post the screenshot and the data at the same time.

HTTP/2 203

7 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's not the same as the one you posted the screenshot of. Can you do it again, and post the screenshot and the data at the same time.

screenshot.

025f7ac585.png

code

CgkgICAgPGRpdiBjbGFzcz0iaXBzU3BvaWxlcl9oZWFkZXIgaXBzU3BvaWxlcl9jbG9zZWQiPiAgPGEgaHJlZj0iIyIgZGF0YS1hY3Rpb249InRvZ2dsZVNwb2lsZXIiPiZuYnNwOzwvYT4gIDxzcGFuPlJldmVhbCBoaWRkZW4gY29udGVudHM8L3NwYW4+IDwvZGl2PgoKCTxkaXYgY2xhc3M9Imlwc1Nwb2lsZXJfY29udGVudHMgaXBzQW5pbSBpcHNBbmltX2ZhZGUgaXBzQW5pbV9pbiIgc3R5bGU9ImRpc3BsYXk6IG5vbmU7IiBhbmltYXRpbmc9InRydWUiPgoJCTxwPgoJCQlUaGlzIGlzIGEgcmVndWxhciBzcG9pbGVyLCBhbmQgc2hvdWxkIHdvcmsgY29ycmVjdGx5LgoJCTwvcD4KCTwvZGl2Pgo=

hopefully that's the right line. i'm not usually good at this stuff.

OK, now can you run

var o = new MutationObserver(function(ms){ms.forEach(function(m){if(m.type=='childList'){for(let i=0;i<m.addedNodes.length;i++){console.log({type:"inserted",node:m.addedNodes[i],m:m})}for(let i=0;i<m.removedNodes.length;i++){console.log({type:"removed",node:m.removedNodes[i],m:m});}}else if(m.type=='attributes'){n=m.target.getAttribute(m.attributeName);if(n instanceof CSSStyleDeclaration){n=n.cssText}console.log({type:"attr",old:m.oldValue,new:n,attr:m.attributeName,node:m.target,m:m});}else{console.log({type:"unknown",m:m})} })});e=document.querySelectorAll(".ipsSpoiler");for(let i=0;i<e.length;i++){o.observe(e[i],{childList:true,attributes:true,subtree:true,attributeOldValue:true})}

Then when you try to open the spoiler, lots of stuff should be logged to the console - please screenshot it all and post it here.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

OK, now can you run

var o = new MutationObserver(function(ms){ms.forEach(function(m){if(m.type=='childList'){for(let i=0;i<m.addedNodes.length;i++){console.log({type:"inserted",node:m.addedNodes[i],m:m})}for(let i=0;i<m.removedNodes.length;i++){console.log({type:"removed",node:m.removedNodes[i],m:m});}}else if(m.type=='attributes'){n=m.target.getAttribute(m.attributeName);if(n instanceof CSSStyleDeclaration){n=n.cssText}console.log({type:"attr",old:m.oldValue,new:n,attr:m.attributeName,node:m.target,m:m});}else{console.log({type:"unknown",m:m})} })});e=document.querySelectorAll(".ipsSpoiler");for(let i=0;i<e.length;i++){o.observe(e[i],{childList:true,attributes:true,subtree:true,attributeOldValue:true})}

Then when you try to open the spoiler, lots of stuff should be logged to the console - please screenshot it all and post it here.

i got this

56f9ca804d.png it was so much i had to expand the console so i didn't have to send multiple screenshots.