Unable to use external monitor on laptop

Hi folks, 

I recently installed a windows 10 update (on the 17th of September). Since then I have been unable to connect my monitor to my laptop using the same everything as I did in the past. 

Specs-

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE

Laptop: ASUS NJ551X

Graphics: Intel HD 4600 and GTX 950M

Cable: Minidisplay port from laptop to display port on monitor, single cable, no adapters

So basically what happens is when I try to change to any of the external display modes (duplicate, extend or second monitor only) the VG248QE screen flashes for a second and then displays "NO SIGNAL", the laptop displays "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings.". I have tried so many things and no matter what I do I just can't get the display on the monitor. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I had this issue before when i try to connect my laptop with external monitor it says no signal because the reason was it was not picking the resolution automatically.

If your laptop says you still have connected external monitor then try this.

• Go to intel hd properties.
  • Go to Custom resolution.
  • There Put the native reso of your external monitor also the screen hertz.
  • Make sure to put external monitor on EXTENDED in display.

Now apply new resolution from intel HD menu.

See if its work.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Thanks for the reply.

In my case would that be 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (I would like to eventually play CSGO at 120Hz so should I put 120 Hz instead?)