ACER X34A vs ASUS PG348Q ? Which to get ?

Hey Peeps,

Greetings from the U.K !!

So I am currently building my new PC, everythings installed just unsure about the GPU and Monitor to go for.

Here is the parts-picker link - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/hLr28K

So...I have my heart set out on the TITAN XP, but may opt for a overclocked 1080 if I find a good deal on a AIO based card.

MO109AC_141254_800x800.jpg

MO089AS_121702_800x800.jpg

Now for the monitor....which one do I get ?

I've had a look online and most of the reviews say that you cant go wrong with either of the those.....but which one is the better of the two?

Another monitor which caught my eye was the Acer 32" XB321HK (4K) which does look quite nice.

MO099AC_120863_800x800.jpg

Please let me know guys, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Shazzaarr

Just comes down to price or whichever you like the look of best. Neither of them have a particular edge over the other.

If you're planning to go 4K, you'll have to lower some settings to maintain a steady 60FPS.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I went from an Asus xb280hk 4k monitor to an Acer predator x34 and I highly justify my move!

3440×1440 looks great, isn't a massive ass to run and runs at 100hz out of the box! 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

On 28/09/2016 at 9:15 AM, HKZeroFive said:

Just comes down to price or whichever you like the look of best. Neither of them have a particular edge over the other.

If you're planning to go 4K, you'll have to lower some settings to maintain a steady 60FPS.

Thanks for your reply,

Do you think a 1080 would be able to run most games at 40-50 fps at 4k? Also wouldnt G-SYNC help out...?

22 hours ago, Badger906 said:

I went from an Asus xb280hk 4k monitor to an Acer predator x34 and I highly justify my move!

3440×1440 looks great, isn't a massive ass to run and runs at 100hz out of the box! 

Thanks for your reply.

Are you using the X34 or the X34A ?

It looks like the X34 original is discontinued and now you can only buy the X34A in the U.K.

40 minutes ago, shaazzaarr said:

Thanks for your reply,

Do you think a 1080 would be able to run most games at 40-50 fps at 4k? Also wouldnt G-SYNC help out...?

G-Sync only eliminates screen tearing and stuttering and simply offers a more 'fluid' experience. It doesn't affect performance.

Yes, you're looking at around 40-50FPS with max settings at 4K with a GTX 1080.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

9 hours ago, shaazzaarr said:

Thanks for your reply.

Are you using the X34 or the X34A ?

It looks like the X34 original is discontinued and now you can only buy the X34A in the U.K.

fairly sure mines the x34a.. cant find my invoice lol but i purchased it in may or june of this year.. so unless it was old stock im guessing its an A

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb