views on piracy of content

supaginge

What are your Truthful views on piracy and do you do it

I do pirate myself but that is only to test to see if the content is worth my money and if it is worth it I will then go and remove it from my PC and proceed to buy it when I have sufficient funds to do so, If it isn't worth my money I will just remove it from my PC and forget about it.

I know this isn't legal but I don't like to buy things that are bad or not worth my hard earned money.

Now tell me your honest views on piracy and do you do it?

Please keep this thread HQ and not be a douchebag about things ok ^_^

AnimeFAN

for the love of ....

this is what the 100th thread on "your views on piracy"

YOU WIN A PRIZE

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I don't support greedy out of touch CEOs with bloated software, simple. If the software is worth it and the price isn't laughably absurd like Adobe CS6, I'll support it. Why make the rich get richer by supporting sub-par product?

I don't like piracy. But i think it's atleast a good way to get a new copy of content you've already bought.

For instance. if you have a movie that you really like. But the disc is damaged beyond repair. Then you can get a new copy online.

Or before traveling for example. I already have every season of top gear on my shelf (bought)
But i downloaded digital copies before a long trip so i had it on a couple of SD cards^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

What are your Truthful views on piracy and do you do it

I do pirate myself but that is only to test to see if the content is worth my money and if it is worth it I will then go and remove it from my PC and proceed to buy it when I have sufficient funds to do so, If it isn't worth my money I will just remove it from my PC and forget about it.

I know this isn't legal but I don't like to buy things that are bad or not worth my hard earned money.

Now tell me your honest views on piracy and do you do it?

Please keep this thread HQ and not be a douchebag about things ok ^_^

I suggest you change your font size in the signature it's against the CoC to change the size :P

for the love of ....

this is what the 100th thread on "your views on piracy"

YOU WIN A PRIZE

Nope sorry it is only the 99th..

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I suggest you change your font size in the signature it's against the CoC to change the size :P

Its not that big,

AnimeFAN

Its not that big,

It's larger than what is allowed though, which is default. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Its not that big,

its not allowed to have it any bigger than normal

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

My tough is this:

pirate.jpg

there be beasties in those waters

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I don't support greedy out of touch CEOs with bloated software, simple. If the software is worth it and the price isn't laughably absurd like Adobe CS6, I'll support it. Why make the rich get richer by supporting sub-par product?

Because they were the ones who created it in the first place. No one is forcing you to use their products and should you decide to use their product you do it under their circumstances. Hundreds of employees have worked their butts off for more than 20 years to bring you software that is by no means sub-par, it is absolutely the best software in the business. You want better or free software, either use the free alternatives or program it yourself.

Uhh, I hope this thread gets locked. Millionth thread on this, please use the search feature to see if someone has made a similar post. Also as someone mentioned before you change the size of the text in your sig.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

Because they were the ones who created it in the first place. No one is forcing you to use their products and should you decide to use their product you do it under their circumstances. Hundreds of employees have worked their butts off for more than 20 years to bring you software that is by no means sub-par, it is absolutely the best software in the business. You want better or free software, either use the free alternatives or program it yourself.

Photoshop is needlessly bloated and has worse functionality for artists than the $50 Japanese art program, SAI. That isn't worth the price tag Adobe is asking for, especially for ugly line art and the such - doesn't matter how many people worked on it, it's the functionality that counts.

Nice try, though.

Photoshop is needlessly bloated and has worse functionality for artists than the $50 Japanese art program, SAI. 

Nice try, though.

For drawing maybe, but not for photographers, you know... PHOTOshop.

For drawing maybe, but not for photographers, you know... PHOTOshop.

Hundreds of dollars for cropping and some filters, no thanks.

Hundreds of dollars for cropping and some filters, no thanks.

Then I guess you have no reason to pirate it. I however thoroughly enjoy using the amazing set of tools (healing brush, stamp, burn, dodge, sponge etc etc etc) as well as the wonderful bonus that is Camera RAW, couldn't live without it and definitely think it's worth the 20 dollars a month I pay for it as well as the rest of the Master Collection.

Photoshop is needlessly bloated and has worse functionality for artists than the $50 Japanese art program, SAI. That isn't worth the price tag Adobe is asking for, especially for ugly line art and the such - doesn't matter how many people worked on it, it's the functionality that counts.

Nice try, though.

All the anime fan artists I know all use illustrator as it is much better for making an img

AnimeFAN

Then I guess you have no reason to pirate it. I however thoroughly enjoy using the amazing set of tools (healing brush, stamp, burn, dodge, sponge etc etc etc) as well as the wonderful bonus that is Camera RAW, couldn't live without it and definitely think it's worth the 20 dollars a month I pay for it as well as the rest of the Master Collection.

Different uses, that's all. I will admit the dodge and burn is much better in CS6 than SAI. If only I could combine the two..

All the anime fan artists I know all use illustrator as it is much better for making an img

Not everyone doodles animu. A lot of artists use SAI.