Good molex fans.

Marauder

So my case the raidmax narwahl has room for five fans. I have three installed right now. Two intake and one exhaust. However, they all hook up through the motherboards fan connectors. I would like to have more fans for the case. So my queston is; should I get a couple of molex fans, or a fan controller. As such which one would you guys recommend.

What are your specs and load temps? What are you getting more fans for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You can use fan splitters or molex to fan adapters.

You do not need to buy molex fans.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have an FX 8350 with a gtx 970. my load temps are fine at around 50 to 60 C. I was just curious what a good molex fan would be or if I should get a fan splitter and if so which ones.

1 minute ago, Marauder said:

I have an FX 8350 with a gtx 970. my load temps are fine at around 50 to 60 C. I was just curious what a good molex fan would be or if I should get a fan splitter and if so which ones.

There are few good molex fans since it's not exactly the most popular connector and doesn't allow for manual control without a built-in controller.

A fan splitter is a fan splitter--if it fits, it sits. 

What are you getting more fans for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

There are few good molex fans since it's not exactly the most popular connector and doesn't allow for manual control without a built-in controller.

A fan splitter is a fan splitter--if it fits, it sits. 

What are you getting more fans for?

I am just looking into options since the case I have has room for two more on the top. Curious is all.

I had a thermaltake molex fan for years before I switched to a more modern setup like I have now. 

Not quite sure what the fan was, but it was quiet. Produced good temps.

PC:  Ryzen 5 1600 Gigabyte Gaming AB350 Gaming 3 | 16gb DDR4 2666MHz | Sapphire 5700xt 8gb | 2x Crucial 1TB SSD | EVGA 650w Fully Modular PSU | NZXT H440

13 hours ago, Marauder said:

You could just get good fan and use adapter or splitter. Most retail fans come with adapters.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv