AMD Mantle vs NVidia G-SYNC

I'm Batman

What do you guys think which technology is better?

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Are you serious right now?

I really want to insult you but i was warned by a mod already to not use strong language.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

isnt mantel an api and isnt g-sync something to get rid of tearing 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Is this a troll thread?

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Mantle is the obvious choice.. G-sync just limits your frame rate to your refresh rate..

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

isnt mantel an api and isnt g-sync something to get rid of tearing 

*Mantle *Mantle *Mantle *Mantle *Mantle

MANTLE

mantel%20Carillian---Reeded-4x6.jpg

Now that's a Mantel.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Mantle is the obvious choice.. G-sync just limits your frame rate to your refresh rate..

then what’s the new in it ? is it a copy of vsync ?

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

no, it rather limits the refresh rate to your gpu frame rate, which is awesome ;)

which can make gameplay much smoother even with lower frame rates

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

G-sync has higher probability of being a success, but I'm not gonna be using either of the technologies just yet.. Or in near future.. Maybe even ever.

MANDEL

mandel.jpg

MENDEL

Gregor-Mendel-39282-1-402.jpg

G-sync has higher probability of being a success, but I'm not gonna be using either of the technologies just yet.. Or in near future.. Maybe even ever.

Ummm, two 290x in Crossfire + 120HZ 2D Lightboost limited at exactly 120 fps with a config or console command + Mantle to ensure high FPS

I'll choose that over G-Sync

Ummm, two 290x in Crossfire + 120HZ 2D Lightboost limited at exactly 120 fps with a config or console command + Mantle to ensure high FPS

I'll choose that over G-Sync

Yes, if you're the odd person who can afford two 290x (at what point I guess you can justify buying 4 Titans as well). My point is that because game developers have to specifically program for the Mantle API, only very few are going to do it (and even that is probably gonna be very short-lived), especially seeing as NVIDIA is still holding about 2/3 of the discrete GPU market.

G Sync is kinda' pointless. For the money it will likely cost (it's nvidia, it will be expensive), you could just buy another GPU, even better fps.

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

You're comparing apples and oranges mate..

Those two fruits arnt far enough apart. Im going with a pear and a tomato.

Just. No... This is like comparing a tomato and a almond

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Clearly G-Sync, because Mantle will already die when the 20nm GPU's come out wich should be next year or the Support of the 7000/9000 will go away.
(Because thats how a Low Level API works)

With G-Sync 40FPS on an Nvidia will look better then 60FPS on AMD wich could make a mid range Nvidia GPU a better option then a High End AMD GPU.

Stable 30FPS are better then jumping higher Framerates.

RTX2070OC 

lol never even heard of gsync

don't kill me 

lol never even heard of gsync

don't kill me 

It was just announced, theres plenty of posts on this forums about it, read one of them.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

Clearly G-Sync, because Mantle will already die when the 20nm GPU's come out wich should be next year or the Support of the 7000/9000 will go away.

(Because thats how a Low Level API works)

With G-Sync 40FPS on an Nvidia will look better then 60FPS on AMD wich could make a mid range Nvidia GPU a better option then a High End AMD GPU.

Stable 30FPS are better then jumping higher Framerates.

It's for CGN, not 28nm.

CGN is an architecture, which will still be used on the 20nm lithography, it's just like sandy bridge to ivy bridge (not quite, but you get the idea)

AMD used VLIW for ages, on all sorts of lithographies, and now they've moved on to CGN, which will continue to be used on the future lithographies for the foreseeable future.

I dont mind if my FPS jumps between 60 and 300, simply because a monitor will always display 60.

and at this point, smooth 60 beats smooth 40 all the time.

You're comparing Chicken McNuggets to Chromebooks now.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)