PC Casse Airflow (Corsair 450D)

Hi guys,

I want to ask You if this setup which I created is as good as I think it is. Does the air flows right or it creates a dead area in front of the CPU heatsink? And is it better if the top intake is a SP fan to cool the ram or better to put AF in there? Blues are or intake, reds for exhaust. 

AB54437_4.jpg

If your trying to move air through a grill, mesh, radiator or heatsink, a static pressure fan will be ideal for the job.

if your just moving air then a airflow fan is what you need

I know what they do :) Im just concerned about the air creating a dead spot in front of the CPU heatsink, then Im asking if this setup is OK, which fan is better cooling ram and rest of the mobo compenents more widely or put a SP and go straight through the ram (this creates a probabilty of air not going in the intended direction) or should I completely resign from the top intake?

1 minute ago, Jukeman said:

I know what they do :) Im just concerned about the air creating a dead spot in front of the CPU heatsink, then Im asking if this setup is OK, which fan is better cooling ram and rest of the mobo compenents more widely or put a SP and go straight through the ram (this creates a probabilty of air not going in the intended direction) or should I completely resign from the top intake?

Maybe if you have that top intake fan push more air into the case than the exhaust fan right next to it, then it would be a bit more positive to prevent that "dead spot". 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I'm not sure if the top 120mm intake is a good idea. It might end up recycling the same air with the fan to the left. The rest looks fine. 

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.