What does the Anniversary Update look like?

m0k
Go to solution Solved by WiiManic,

It will have some mention of "Version 1607" which is July 2016.

I think you'd know if you did have it, from experience of about 20 machines going through the update it takes about 10ish mins to shutdown and then about 30mins once you restart to apply the update. Its not one you can miss really.

Two days ago I disabled automatic updates from installing, by editing my Group Policy settings

but im just curious to know what this update looks like?
does it explicitly say "Anniversary Update" ?
How do i know i dont have it already? is it because my computer is still running fine? lol 

Photography / Finance / Gaming

It will have some mention of "Version 1607" which is July 2016.

I think you'd know if you did have it, from experience of about 20 machines going through the update it takes about 10ish mins to shutdown and then about 30mins once you restart to apply the update. Its not one you can miss really.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

no it just updates your PC and for some people, it will brick your system. it happened to my dad's PC and i had to revert it back to the default windows 10 install to allow it to boot again 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

ok good, sounds like i dont have it installed yet

havent had any issues with win10 so far and the group policy settings really helped with the auto updates

Now it prompts me before downloading and installing update. ex i get daily notifications to update windows defender which im okay with. ill hve to look out for anything that isnt defender related

It looks like this

start.png

And this is before

blue.png

1 hour ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I would recommend installing the Anniversary update because why the hell not? Also it's a tad better than the initial Windows 10 release. 

why not? 
because every other forum post on LTT is someone saying "win10 anniversary update broke everything"

when you say its a tad better, how so?

12 minutes ago, mok said:

why not? 
because every other forum post on LTT is someone saying "win10 anniversary update broke everything"

when you say its a tad better, how so?

It won't break anything. I've only had one"brick" in the 100s of PC's I've updated. If was an ASUS G20A. it was originally a Windows 8 machine. ASUS didn't provide Windows 10 driver support, so the WIFI kept crashing. actually, I lied  the ASUS Q504 is another. Garbage drivers that are incompatible with Windows 10. Had two of them have the same issues in a hour time period.  Other than that, unless you're running on super old hardware you'll be fine.

14 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

It won't break anything. I've only had one"brick" in the 100s of PC's I've updated. If was an ASUS G20A. it was originally a Windows 8 machine. ASUS didn't provide Windows 10 driver support, so the WIFI kept crashing. actually, I lied  the ASUS Q504 is another. Garbage drivers that are incompatible with Windows 10. Had two of them have the same issues in a hour time period.  Other than that, unless you're running on super old hardware you'll be fine.

good to hear
although take a look at my specs in my sig. i feel like i may be pushing it with driver support (mobo)

ill definitely be avoiding any more updates on my laptop (core 2 duo) was a nightmare to try to mismatch drivers together to get my laptop working again, will probably revert to win7 on it

as for my pc ill give it a shot

4 minutes ago, mok said:

good to hear
although take a look at my specs in my sig. i feel like i may be pushing it with driver support (mobo)

ill definitely be avoiding any more updates on my laptop however (core 2 duo) nightmare to try to mismatch drivers together to get my laptop working again, will probably revert to win7 on it

as for my pc ill give it a shot

My old HP with core duo has W10. It works. My son still users it fit ABC Mouse. MB still has modem. I also ran W10 with my AMD Phenom II x6 1055t. I believe you should be fine.