PC Problems

LittleBoone

Guys, im having some problems with my pc, my config is a gtx 970, a core i5 4590, 8gb of ram, a 1tb hd and a h97 motherboard, but when i play games at high settings i get about 20 fps and on games like minecraft i keep getting gliches and i downloaded the latest drivers already. I really need help with this problem because i dont understand much about computers.

What kind of glitches are you encountering?

Are you sure that you have plugged your display into the back of your graphics card and not your motherboard?

Moved to Troubleshooting.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If its only MC your getting low fps i can help out as i staff a server lol soo much "wth is wrong with my sh1t" ahh staff life . . .

On 9/27/2016 at 6:14 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Are you sure that you have plugged your display into the back of your graphics card and not your motherboard?

im having graphics gliches like white lines on minecraft and frame drops on higher graphics quality games and the graphics card is plugged into my monitor. Even on games that i get like 300fps i still feel laggy.

2 minutes ago, LittleBoone said:

im having graphics gliches like white lines on minecraft and frame drops on higher graphics quality games and the graphics card is plugged into my monitor. Even on games that i get like 300fps i still feel laggy.

Have you been oc'ing?

Are your drivers cleanly installed? 

Was the system previously built and was working fine or have you been having issues since conception?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 9/27/2016 at 6:14 PM, WoodenMarker said:

i have never did an oc on my pc and i simply installed my drivers

1 minute ago, LittleBoone said:

Was the system previously built and was working fine or have you been having issues since conception?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Was the system previously built and was working fine or have you been having issues since conception?

no, i never did a previous build with this computer

no, i never did a previous build with this computer

That's not what I'm asking. 

To paraphrase: Are you encountering issues now when you didn't before or were you always having issues with the system?

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's not what I'm asking. 

To paraphrase: Are you encountering issues now when you didn't before or were you always having issues with the system?

Im sorry for that. No, the computer was running fine for the first two days then it dropped performance and i dont know why.

Im sorry for that. No, the computer was running fine for the first two days then it dropped performance and i dont know why.

It sounds like there might be an issue with the graphics card. Is there another system available that you can test your card in?

It sounds like there might be an issue with the graphics card. Is there another system available that you can test your card in?

No, this was my first build and the only problem i had with this pc was with the motherboard when the pins broke on sipping but i send to a guy to fix it...

No, this was my first build and the only problem i had with this pc was with the motherboard when the pins broke on sipping but i send to a guy to fix it...

Can you try running the system without the graphics card and using the iGPU instead? You can play some games to see if you can reproduce the issue. If you don't encounter the issue in that case, it's probably due to the graphics card and you can contact the seller or manufacturer for an RMA.

Can you try running the system without the graphics card and using the iGPU instead? You can play some games to see if you can reproduce the issue. If you don't encounter the issue in that case, it's probably due to the graphics card and you can contact the seller or manufacturer for an RMA.

But if i take the gpu off the igpu will be as bad for higher graphics games i guess. But ill try. One last question, do i have to take the gpu off the build for that?

Just now, LittleBoone said:

But if i take the gpu off the igpu will be as bad for higher graphics games i guess. But ill try. One last question, do i have to take the gpu off the build for that?

Lower fps is expected but games like minecraft should be fine. The issue you're looking to recreate is the white lines. 

You should remove the graphics card to make sure it's not causing the issue.

Lower fps is expected but games like minecraft should be fine. The issue you're looking to recreate is the white lines. 

ill do it tomorrow because i have to go to work at 5am. Thank you so much.

7 hours ago, LittleBoone said:

Did you just install the drivers with the disk that came with it or did you update your drivers too? (by using nvidia experience or downloading from the nvidia website)

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/09/2016 at 9:02 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Hey man, ive been busy lately, but i have a question: once you take your graphics card off what do you do? im askingg just so i dont mess up.

3 minutes ago, LittleBoone said:

Hey man, ive been busy lately, but i have a question: once you take your graphics card off what do you do? im askingg just so i dont mess up.

Plug your display into the back of your motherboard and boot it up. See if you can recreate the issue with the white lines. 

If the issue doesn't appear, the problem is likely due to your graphics card. 

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Plug your display into the back of your motherboard and boot it up. See if you can recreate the issue with the white lines. 

ok, ill try. I hope i dont mess up anything while changing my graphics card...

20 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

i need to ask you a uestion. when you change your gpu to your igpu do you have to do anything with the bios? Im asking because i know nothing about computers.

4 hours ago, LittleBoone said:

i need to ask you a uestion. when you change your gpu to your igpu do you have to do anything with the bios? Im asking because i know nothing about computers.

Nope.

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Nope.

so it is just a plung and play. nice

On 08/10/2016 at 4:52 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Nope.

ok. how do i know if im using the igpu?

58 minutes ago, LittleBoone said:

ok. how do i know if im using the igpu?

That's the only thing left giving you a display if you remove the graphics card.