Fan installation but no room in case

Jacklando

I kind of want to install a new fan in my case but there is no room and I dont feel like buying a new case, should I real with it? Drill a new vent and a few fan place? The case is already ugly so I dont care how it looks, its hidden behind my desk. Ideas please.

1 minute ago, Jacklando said:

I kind of want to install a new fan in my case but there is no room and I dont feel like buying a new case, should I real with it? Drill a new vent and a few fan place? The case is already ugly so I dont care how it looks, its hidden behind my desk. Ideas please.

What case?

You don't need anouther  fan

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:
2 minutes ago, Jacklando said:

What case?

You don't need anouther  fan

Well im in quite the problem, the ac is horrible and the pc makes it worse by heating up the room. I may not need another fan but it could help the problem slightly in a cost-effective matter, instead of just not using it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-MicroATX-Tower-Computer-FBM-01/dp/B005LIDU5S/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1475006443&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=roswell+microatx

The link is to the case

2 minutes ago, Jacklando said:

Well im in quite the problem, the ac is horrible and the pc makes it worse by heating up the room. I may not need another fan but it could help the problem slightly in a cost-effective matter, instead of just not using it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-MicroATX-Tower-Computer-FBM-01/dp/B005LIDU5S/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1475006443&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=roswell+microatx

The link is to the case

It won't really help to add a fan.

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

replace the case, its not worth modding 

$50 down the drain lol, also don't feel like replacing it, probably gonna attempt to mod it then if it doesnt work ill buy a new one. It may be ugly but it could work

Just now, Jacklando said:

$50 down the drain lol, also don't feel like replacing it, probably gonna attempt to mod it then if it doesnt work ill buy a new one. It may be ugly but it could work

you payed $50 for that, Christ....

https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Micro-Cooling-Cases-FD-CA-CORE-1100-BL/dp/B00NPIL6GQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475006727&sr=8-1&keywords=fractal+design+core+1100

case i use for my media pc $2 more

I have mine wedged in 2 optical drive bay slots xD its literally being held in place by the cd drive being a wedge

Just now, kris2340k said:

I have mine wedged in 2 optical drive bay slots xD its literally being held in place by the cd drive being a wedge

that is actually very smart, I might see if that works

1 minute ago, Jacklando said:

that is actually very smart, I might see if that works

Mind you thats only cool if you dont move your PC, I turned the thing sideways and I heard it fly across the caseXD

Just now, kris2340k said:

Mind you thats only cool if you dont move your PC, I turned the thing sideways and I heard it fly across the caseXD

lol, thanks for the advice

30 minutes ago, Jacklando said:

The link is to the case

The amount of heat generated is dependent on the components and cooling doesn't change that.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

^ Fan might help with components inside the case but it won't do anything for room temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv